Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Dark Knight: 12-09-08 (Part Two)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-08, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
That's hilarious. I'm not really a big "picture" guy yet I can't stand pan and scan. It's awful.

Thanks for the news above on Target's bonus set, I'm glad those extras are available to us DVDers after all.
Old 12-09-08, 11:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
While I was at Target getting the Bat-Mask BD, and woman asked me about all the different versions, and whether or not she should get the Mask packaging DVD for her son. Being a fan of the packaging, I recommended it to her. She continued on asking about all the different versions (What is Blu-ray? What is the differences between the 1 or 2 discs...and so on..) She continued on and on saying about her son is really into film and has a huge collection of DVDs.

Finally, she decided to go with the Bat-Mask packaging that I suggested, and it sounded like the right choice seeing as he was such a collector. While she was walking away she stopped and turned real quick to me as if she forgot to ask about something and sure enough she asks:

"Is this Widescreen?" And I said, yes ma'am, dont you worry you have the right one..." and she goes..."No no no no... my son buys Full-frame only... he hates the black bars."

She then grabbed the single disc full frame DVD.

Ha, that was pretty funny. Her son must be 5.
Old 12-09-08, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
To anyone that hasn't gotten it yet- The FYE Steelbook looks awesome. And Best Buy having them is a big YMMV as mine didn't.
Old 12-09-08, 12:42 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, some of you guys must be hardcore Batman collectors..getting different versions etc. It doesn't bother me, as I'm a collector of a certain movie genre(giant monsters). I'll be getting just the standard BD later today, along with with LOST at Best Buy. Hope you guys are having fun!!!
Old 12-09-08, 01:00 PM

I got the Best Buy Clown Mask version and the FYE Steelbook. I am contemplating the Target version, only for the exclusive disc. Does anyone have a final price on that one?
Old 12-09-08, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Cookson
Man, some of you guys must be hardcore Batman collectors..getting different versions etc. It doesn't bother me, as I'm a collector of a certain movie genre(giant monsters). I'll be getting just the standard BD later today, along with with LOST at Best Buy. Hope you guys are having fun!!!

You just wait til they re-release all the Godzilla films on Blu-Ray with multiple packaging.

Godzilla steelbooks..... I wish!
Old 12-09-08, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by caseyg1986
i am contemplating the target version, only for the exclusive disc. Does anyone have a final price on that one?
$22.99

Welcome to the boards!
Old 12-09-08, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts
got the one in the mask today
Old 12-09-08, 01:36 PM

If anyone doesn't want the regular slipcover from the 2-disc and would be willing to sell it, PM me.
Old 12-09-08, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by caseyg1986
I got the Best Buy Clown Mask version and the FYE Steelbook. I am contemplating the Target version, only for the exclusive disc. Does anyone have a final price on that one?
If you have the Blu-Ray already, there's no point to get the extra disc, it's just the History Channel documentary. If you don't have Blu-Ray, ignore this message.
Old 12-09-08, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

2-Disc SteelBook (Future Shop exclusive)

2-Disc Blu-ray SteelBook (Future Shop Exclusive)
Old 12-09-08, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Batpod Blu-ray Giftset

Joker Mask Blu-ray Giftset (Best Buy Canada exclusive)
Old 12-09-08, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Batman Mask (HMV Canada exclusive)
Old 12-09-08, 01:59 PM
Cool New Member

I see people posting about a rebate with the FYE steelbook. Is this something that's attached to the actual DVD? I don't have an FYE nearby and am wondering if I'll still be able to get the rebate if I order the steelbook online.
Old 12-09-08, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
I went to Best Buy at midnight to get my copy. Got my Joker card they were gone within the first minute of letting people in. I stood in a short line to grab my BD and then I was gonna get the Joker figurine for $9.99 but the guy in front of me got the last one, but it looked really dinky. So I'm kinda glad I didn't get it. I stopped by Blockbuster Video and grabbed a Joker bobblehead which I think is cooler than the dinky figurine Best Buy had.
Old 12-09-08, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by septimus
I see people posting about a rebate with the FYE steelbook. Is this something that's attached to the actual DVD? I don't have an FYE nearby and am wondering if I'll still be able to get the rebate if I order the steelbook online.
It's a print out that comes out with the receipt.
Old 12-09-08, 02:31 PM

I pre-ordered(with store pick up) the blu with batman mask and am glad I did cause all the blu gift sets were sold out from the midnight release. I wish I had gone now as I like that shirt they gave out.

Last edited by prozac80; 12-09-08 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-09-08, 02:41 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Would it have killed them to include some kind of documentary/featurette on Heath Ledger and his iconic performance as Joker?
Some behind-the-scenes footage, rehearsals, and interviews would have been awesome.
I am baffled by the omission of content on such an important part of the film.

...and to head of some arguments, NO it would NOT have been "cashing in" on his death - it would have been a tribute to the man and his brilliant work in this film.
Old 12-09-08, 03:02 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm still wondering if there ever will be any good making-of docs for this film. The features on the DVD aren't heavy on this info I assume. The ones by WB that is...BB had some cool ones. I loved the Batmobile one...

This Gotham uncovered doc on the BD how long is that? Seems like the 2 disc DVD doesn't have that. I only have the single disc atm, which is featureless. Haven't gone into my BD TDK yet..

Last edited by Solid Snake; 12-09-08 at 03:06 PM.
Old 12-09-08, 03:11 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by cinemaphile
Would it have killed them to include some kind of documentary/featurette on Heath Ledger and his iconic performance as Joker?
Some behind-the-scenes footage, rehearsals, and interviews would have been awesome.
I am baffled by the omission of content on such an important part of the film.

...and to head of some arguments, NO it would NOT have been "cashing in" on his death - it would have been a tribute to the man and his brilliant work in this film.
Well, I'm sure that something along those lines will be included on the next release, whenever that arrives. Ledger will almost certainly be nominated and quite possibly win the Best Actor Oscar. It makes sense that WB would wait to see how that plays out before putting together any sort of featurette or tribute to him.
Old 12-09-08, 03:19 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Well, I'm sure that something along those lines will be included on the next release, whenever that arrives. Ledger will almost certainly be nominated and quite possibly win the Best Actor Oscar. It makes sense that WB would wait to see how that plays out before putting together any sort of featurette or tribute to him.
WB double dip? Nah..they'd never do that!

That's kind of what I'm figuring - holding out for another edition later on.

Even if they're waiting for post-Oscars, though, it's baffling to have NOTHING related to Ledger's Joker. Alive or dead, he's a major part of the film.
Old 12-09-08, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I read somewhere that past digital copies from other WB titles could not be viewed on anything other than Windows Media Player. I see that in the directions, it points Mac users to iTunes to download the free digital copy, but not for Windows.

I guess my question is, will I be able to view my digital copy on my iPod through iTunes?
Old 12-09-08, 03:37 PM
BJ

I didn't see the TDK in IMAX so I'm wondering how these scenes on DVD compare to the "normal" scenes? Which looks better on the smaller tv screen?
Old 12-09-08, 03:45 PM
Banned

From what has been posted about the transfer not being all that good on the dvd that could be made better for the next release. Along with more docs.
Remember there is a BATMAN 3 on it's way and that would be reason enough to make a DARK KNIGHT double dip.
Old 12-09-08, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tommy_Harn
I read somewhere that past digital copies from other WB titles could not be viewed on anything other than Windows Media Player. I see that in the directions, it points Mac users to iTunes to download the free digital copy, but not for Windows.

I guess my question is, will I be able to view my digital copy on my iPod through iTunes?

I can't speak for the Dark Knight DVD (at work haven't been able to try it), but I can say that the Sex and the City DVD did work for iPod/iTunes. My Dark City: Director's Cut was not compatible and it made no mention of iTunes.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.