Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Dark Knight: 12-09-08 (Part Two)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-08, 04:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TRC
Thanks for those pics howwon. That answers my question from the previous thread about whether or not the standard slipcover is included. I'm not too disapointed though. I think it's quite cool that there's a version of the movie with two unique images of the villain, but not one of the hero.
Your welcome.

I think that it would have been pretty BOSS, if they had done a SteelBook with the "Why so Serious" coverart.
Old 12-09-08, 04:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by howwon
Your welcome.

I think that it would have been pretty BOSS, if they had done a SteelBook with the "Why so Serious" coverart.
I agree! I wish they did!
Old 12-09-08, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So wait a second...the Journal is EMPTY? WTF? I thought it would've at least had some pictures or production notes, etc. But completely empty? I'm still gonna pick it up because the outside looks nice and I like the slipcover...but empty...
Old 12-09-08, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kstublen
So wait a second...the Journal is EMPTY? WTF? I thought it would've at least had some pictures or production notes, etc. But completely empty? I'm still gonna pick it up because the outside looks nice and I like the slipcover...but empty...
I can't believe its just a blank journal. That sucks if true. I think I'm going to pass on the Circuit City exclusive now.
Old 12-09-08, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Well, gonna head out now for my haul. Target first, then Wal-Mart, then CC, then FYE... I'm exhausted having watched the flick last night after the Best Buy midnight release, but this should be fun.

Wish me luck!
Old 12-09-08, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
EDIT: FYI: Papa John's coupons are scanning and working on the Dark Knight Blu-rays.

Great job on the photographs, you guys!

Originally Posted by Kal Varnsen
I can't believe its just a blank journal. That sucks if true. I think I'm going to pass on the Circuit City exclusive now.
Originally Posted by howwon
That would've done it for me. Those oversized slipcovers that hold both the DVD and any form of book type item are a pill to deal with.

Last edited by gryffinmaster; 12-09-08 at 07:34 AM.
Old 12-09-08, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by snausages
I agree! I wish they did!
Drool.
Old 12-09-08, 09:08 AM

Folks wondering if the Target Batmask (DVD Version) has Target Bonus features: it does. It comes with a seperate bonus disc containing "Batman Unmasked". That disc is totally seperate from the Digitial copy which on that disc has the mentioned Digitial Copy as well as the other features associate to the 2 Disc Special Edition.
Its 3 discs, plus the batmask packaging for $22.
Old 12-09-08, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by tanman
Actually as much as I loved this movie, ALL the promotional art has been horrible. The only one I kind of liked was the "why so serious one"

Compare this:

with this:

and this:

I much prefer the marketing art for Batman Begins.

But I'm still picking up the steelbook tomorrow.
Yeah, I would have preferred that picture if anything!
Old 12-09-08, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by THStudio
Folks wondering if the Target Batmask (DVD Version) has Target Bonus features: it does. It comes with a seperate bonus disc containing "Batman Unmasked". That disc is totally seperate from the Digitial copy which on that disc has the mentioned Digitial Copy as well as the other features associate to the 2 Disc Special Edition.
ARGH! I saw this and ran to Target, thinking they might sell out. Not interested in the mask packaging, but I am a sucker for bonus discs. When I saw that the bonus disc wasn't offerred with the Blu-Ray package, I wondered if it may have been because it was one of those features that was Blu-Ray exclusive....

I see now that it was... didn't open it, yet, so I'll be taking it back. Nice for people without a Blu-Ray player, though.
Old 12-09-08, 09:54 AM

Batman Unmasked is that psychology of the Dark Knight one that's on the Blu-Ray disc isn't it?
Old 12-09-08, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Is this the only one or what about Batman Tech?
Old 12-09-08, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Is this the only one or what about Batman Tech?
The sticker on the packaging says it only includes "40 minutes" of bonus footage, so I'm assuming no Batman Tech.
Old 12-09-08, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

By the way if it hasn't been brought up before, the digital copy that comes with the DVD is the same shifting AR version used for the Blu-ray, with the IMAX scenes shown at 1.78:1.
Old 12-09-08, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Does anyone know the cost of the steelbooks at FYE and Best Buy, where they're apparently getting some in?
Old 12-09-08, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by SethDLH
Does anyone know the cost of the steelbooks at FYE and Best Buy, where they're apparently getting some in?
Best Buy I have no idea... FYE, however, is selling them for $26.99, and there is a $7 mail-in-rebate, making it $19.99
Old 12-09-08, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
Best Buy I have no idea... FYE, however, is selling them for $26.99, and there is a $7 mail-in-rebate, making it $19.99
Thanks!
Old 12-09-08, 10:21 AM

I was on the fence about which version to pick up -- just got the FYE steelbook and glad I did.
It looks really excellent -- the sparks beneath the Bat Pod and beside the Joker look very cool-- the way they reflect light makes them kinda jump off the cover. Very nice job all around.
Old 12-09-08, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The journal included has a Joker card inside the inner back cover flap.

The same Joker card seen here:

Old 12-09-08, 10:49 AM

While I was at Target getting the Bat-Mask BD, and woman asked me about all the different versions, and whether or not she should get the Mask packaging DVD for her son. Being a fan of the packaging, I recommended it to her. She continued on asking about all the different versions (What is Blu-ray? What is the differences between the 1 or 2 discs...and so on..) She continued on and on saying about her son is really into film and has a huge collection of DVDs.

Finally, she decided to go with the Bat-Mask packaging that I suggested, and it sounded like the right choice seeing as he was such a collector. While she was walking away she stopped and turned real quick to me as if she forgot to ask about something and sure enough she asks:

"Is this Widescreen?" And I said, yes ma'am, dont you worry you have the right one..." and she goes..."No no no no... my son buys Full-frame only... he hates the black bars."

She then grabbed the single disc full frame DVD.

Old 12-09-08, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mondo Kane
From a distance, the pic gives you the impression that the movie's about a giant insect.

I'll wait til you guys gobble up the sets tomorrow and see what the results are for all the exclusives. I'm dependin' on ya!
I completely agree. Where's our from a distance it looks like it's about a rodent?! hee hee

I am a glutton for the steelbooks though. It always wins over any exclusive to me.
Old 12-09-08, 11:27 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
While I was at Target getting the Bat-Mask BD, and woman asked me about all the different versions, and whether or not she should get the Mask packaging DVD for her son. Being a fan of the packaging, I recommended it to her. She continued on asking about all the different versions (What is Blu-ray? What is the differences between the 1 or 2 discs...and so on..) She continued on and on saying about her son is really into film and has a huge collection of DVDs.

Finally, she decided to go with the Bat-Mask packaging that I suggested, and it sounded like the right choice seeing as he was such a collector. While she was walking away she stopped and turned real quick to me as if she forgot to ask about something and sure enough she asks:

"Is this Widescreen?" And I said, yes ma'am, dont you worry you have the right one..." and she goes..."No no no no... my son buys Full-frame only... he hates the black bars."

Jesus, he's a big fan of films and he only gets full frame? Fuck that. He must be the kid who watches the saw films and love them, only to later proclaim they are the greatest ever.

I will never go to FF ever. My friend likes FF. He has like a 26 inch TV and for some reason he argues that it's better that way for TV. For small sets...yeah, I can grudgingly justify that. My main arguement against FF is Ghostbusters on TV or FF DVD. I remember having it on VHS and I always thought it was weird how when they meet Gozer and there is a forced pan across the 4 of them. I saw the WS of it..and it was just stupid that they destroyed a simple shot like that, it just looked so amateurish.
Old 12-09-08, 11:28 AM

That's horrible man. Her son would've been much happier i'm sure to have the packaging alone. Warner should've never even released a fullscreen DVD.
Old 12-09-08, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 961 Likes on 668 Posts
Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
Jesus, he's a big fan of films and he only gets full frame? Fuck that. He must be the kid who watches the saw films and love them, only to later proclaim they are the greatest ever.

I will never go to FF ever. My friend likes FF. He has like a 26 inch TV and for some reason he argues that it's better that way for TV. For small sets...yeah, I can grudgingly justify that. My main arguement against FF is Ghostbusters on TV or FF DVD. I remember having it on VHS and I always thought it was weird how when they meet Gozer and there is a forced pan across the 4 of them. I saw the WS of it..and it was just stupid that they destroyed a simple shot like that, it just looked so amateurish.
Shoot, I watch movies on my tiny phone in widescreen.
Old 12-09-08, 11:46 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Does anybody have any way to acknowledge the sales of a WS and FF of a film? I'd like to see how many people still buy FF dvds.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.