Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Dark Knight: 12-09-08 (Part Two)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-08, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
While I was at Target getting the Bat-Mask BD, and woman asked me about all the different versions, and whether or not she should get the Mask packaging DVD for her son. Being a fan of the packaging, I recommended it to her. She continued on asking about all the different versions (What is Blu-ray? What is the differences between the 1 or 2 discs...and so on..) She continued on and on saying about her son is really into film and has a huge collection of DVDs.

Finally, she decided to go with the Bat-Mask packaging that I suggested, and it sounded like the right choice seeing as he was such a collector. While she was walking away she stopped and turned real quick to me as if she forgot to ask about something and sure enough she asks:

"Is this Widescreen?" And I said, yes ma'am, dont you worry you have the right one..." and she goes..."No no no no... my son buys Full-frame only... he hates the black bars."

She then grabbed the single disc full frame DVD.

That's hilarious. He really sounds like a huge film buff. lol.
Old 12-09-08, 04:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
While I was at Target getting the Bat-Mask BD, and woman asked me about all the different versions, and whether or not she should get the Mask packaging DVD for her son. Being a fan of the packaging, I recommended it to her. She continued on asking about all the different versions (What is Blu-ray? What is the differences between the 1 or 2 discs...and so on..) She continued on and on saying about her son is really into film and has a huge collection of DVDs.

Finally, she decided to go with the Bat-Mask packaging that I suggested, and it sounded like the right choice seeing as he was such a collector. While she was walking away she stopped and turned real quick to me as if she forgot to ask about something and sure enough she asks:

"Is this Widescreen?" And I said, yes ma'am, dont you worry you have the right one..." and she goes..."No no no no... my son buys Full-frame only... he hates the black bars."

She then grabbed the single disc full frame DVD.

Some peoples idea of huge is not the same as DVDTalk members idea of huge is my guess. He probably has less than a 100.
Old 12-09-08, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
I can't even think of watching this movie in full frame, you should have set that woman straight

I grabbed the Batpod at Best Buy. I didn't think much of the thing at first, but after setting up the Batpod and the Batman/Joker figures from Best Buy on each side of it, it looks badass.
Old 12-09-08, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas
I grabbed the Batpod at Best Buy. I didn't think much of the thing at first, but after setting up the Batpod and the Batman/Joker figures from Best Buy on each side of it, it looks badass.
Not that I was expecting it to be, but too bad it wasn't diecast metal like this one:

http://www.noblecollection.com/catal...NN4001&catid=0

Then again, it probably would have set you back $130+ if that were the case.
Old 12-09-08, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by septimus
Ledger will almost certainly be nominated and quite possibly win the Best Actor Oscar.
No, he won't. But he has a shot at Best Supporting Actor.
Old 12-09-08, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by septimus
Well, I'm sure that something along those lines will be included on the next release, whenever that arrives. Ledger will almost certainly be nominated and quite possibly win the Best Actor Oscar. It makes sense that WB would wait to see how that plays out before putting together any sort of featurette or tribute to him.
I don't know if he'll be nominated for Best Actor, maybe Best Supporting Actor
Old 12-09-08, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tommy_Harn
I read somewhere that past digital copies from other WB titles could not be viewed on anything other than Windows Media Player. I see that in the directions, it points Mac users to iTunes to download the free digital copy, but not for Windows.

I guess my question is, will I be able to view my digital copy on my iPod through iTunes?
I just copied it to my iPod and it does indeed work. It also shifts aspect ratios like it did in IMAX
Old 12-09-08, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Do digital copies on iPod have chapter stops?
Old 12-09-08, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 825 Likes on 546 Posts
Does anyone know if the Blockbuster exclusive and Circuit City versions are the same? I picked up the CC one today and although I love the cover art, the fact that the slipcover holds both the journal and the disc is annoying. I haven't opened it yet and was hoping that the Blockbuster version wasn't like this.
Old 12-09-08, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Toddarino
Does anyone know if the Blockbuster exclusive and Circuit City versions are the same? I picked up the CC one today and although I love the cover art, the fact that the slipcover holds both the journal and the disc is annoying. I haven't opened it yet and was hoping that the Blockbuster version wasn't like this.
The BlockBuster Canada and the Circuit City copies are the same, except the Canadian copy has bilingual printing, front and back.

I posted pictures, a few pages back.
Old 12-09-08, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Chad
Not that I was expecting it to be, but too bad it wasn't diecast metal like this one:

http://www.noblecollection.com/catal...NN4001&catid=0

Then again, it probably would have set you back $130+ if that were the case.
The Mine paperweight is pretty cool. I'm still deciding about getting it.

Old 12-09-08, 06:38 PM

The fact that the "Why So Serious?" cover is written in French on the Canadian version is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
Old 12-09-08, 06:43 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
are you serious? I want to see a pic of that..
Old 12-09-08, 06:51 PM

Anyone find The Joker Blu-Ray cover today, or did they cancel that? Couldn't find it anywhere, personally.
Old 12-09-08, 07:15 PM

Does anybody know if the Best Buy exclusive Joker card is packaged inside the case? I asked some of the employees and they told me it was inside but im hesitant to open up the case in the chance that they didn't know wtf they were talking about (which happens alot i might add).
Old 12-09-08, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by robsul82
Anyone find The Joker Blu-Ray cover today, or did they cancel that? Couldn't find it anywhere, personally.
The slipcover is Batman but the case under it features Joker.
Old 12-09-08, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My first customer...

Muscles...

Best Buy Mobile employee...

With Santa!

A good view of the scars...

It was a fun day at work today. Now I'm going to go watch the Dark Knight.

= J
Old 12-09-08, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^ Dude you rock! The makeup looks great and I love the photos! (especially the Mobile girl, who looks ready to cut and run)

FYE steelbook for me. I know I should wait for the 'deluxe edition', but damnit, I love this movie!

And I'm a steelbook whore.

Last edited by Panda Phil; 12-09-08 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-09-08, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by DarkPhantom13
Does anybody know if the Best Buy exclusive Joker card is packaged inside the case? I asked some of the employees and they told me it was inside but im hesitant to open up the case in the chance that they didn't know wtf they were talking about (which happens alot i might add).
i do not think that they are inside the case. . .i asked a best buy employee tonight and she said that they had them but ran out. i would like some clarification as well. . .did anyone get the joker card? thanks in advance. . .
Old 12-09-08, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
I purchased the Blu-Ray Batpod version, and there was a card inside, but yet when I was cleaning out my bag I noticed the cashier must have put another card in while I was paying, because I now have 2.
Old 12-09-08, 08:14 PM

awesome! i need to go check mine. . .
Old 12-09-08, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by great1
The slipcover is Batman but the case under it features Joker.
Ooooh...bogey.
Old 12-09-08, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
It shouldn't be, mine was handed to me separately.
Old 12-09-08, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
It shouldn't be, mine was handed to me separately.
Well thats just great....Well at least i got both the Joker and Batman statuettes. Thanks for the help, im going to go by Best Buy in a little bit again so i'll ask if they have any left.
Old 12-09-08, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

We only had about 40, and we're a big store. I was out within the first hour.

= J

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.