Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume VIII

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume VIII

Old 12-30-08, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JJE-187
Is there alot of overlap on the Superstars of Wrestlemania DVD? I have almost every other best-of DVD and if most of the mania matches are on those then I won't be needing the GSOWM
It's virtually all previously released material. Unless you're a completest, it's really a worthless addition to your collection.
Old 12-31-08, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
If anyone hasn't yet got the Ric Flair & The Four Horseman 2 Disc DVD
or The Marine - Unrated Edition DVD from PepsiStuff.com, you have until
Thursday morning at 12:00 am to redeem your Pepsi Points. (cost is 90
Pepsi Points each) If anyone is short of that goal, I have four codes
(two points each so eight points total) that I can send out to you.
Just send me a email on here and I'll send you the codes.
Still have two codes (two points each) remaining so if anyone
needs them to reach one of the point levels to get something
on pepsistuff.com - send me a email and I'll send you the codes.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 12-31-08 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-01-09, 08:51 PM

Does anyone have the UPC from the collector's tin from Wrestlemania 24? I'm trying to have the tin added to DVD Aficionado via a submission, but they won't add it without a UPC. Mine is open, so I threw out the band that went over the tin that had the UPC on it. It would be the Region 1 version USA/Canada etc. Thanks!
Old 01-01-09, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by espin
Does anyone have the UPC from the collector's tin from Wrestlemania 24? I'm trying to have the tin added to DVD Aficionado via a submission, but they won't add it without a UPC. Mine is open, so I threw out the band that went over the tin that had the UPC on it. It would be the Region 1 version USA/Canada etc. Thanks!
Here it is
Old 01-01-09, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by lee_hero
Here it is

Thanks!
Old 01-01-09, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Heres the cover for the Legends of Wrestling Collection, basically looks like disc 1 is some sort of documentary with disc 2 and 3 covering Flair/Slaughter and The King/JYD.

Old 01-01-09, 11:48 PM

I have 24/7. The last disc is "Wrestling's Biggest Heat Seekers." Its a normal episode, but instead of discussing only 2 wrestlers, they discuss wrestling's biggest heat seekers, lol
Old 01-02-09, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sg2386
Heres the cover for the Legends of Wrestling Collection, basically looks like disc 1 is some sort of documentary with disc 2 and 3 covering Flair/Slaughter and The King/JYD.
Thankfully someone came to there senses and they removed buff bagwell from the cover.
Old 01-02-09, 01:14 AM

i hope there are some bonus features and extra content and not just what has aired on LOW.
Old 01-02-09, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
does anybody know if you can get a rebate for each of the Hell IN the Cell busts...

I purchased both at different times, and have different receipts for them....they have serparate UPC codes, but the lady at FYE told me I could only get 1..I'm not sure she knew what she was talking about though
Old 01-02-09, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by the narrator
does anybody know if you can get a rebate for each of the Hell IN the Cell busts...

I purchased both at different times, and have different receipts for them....they have serparate UPC codes, but the lady at FYE told me I could only get 1..I'm not sure she knew what she was talking about though
I would assume 2 different upc codes/ even 2 different purchases would warrent a rebate. Worst case, you submit one with your name another with a family members name. I don't see why you should have a problem.
Old 01-02-09, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by shacmasta
Thankfully someone came to there senses and they removed buff bagwell from the cover.
I agree. What were they thinking?
Old 01-02-09, 03:01 PM

I think Bagwell might still be on the cover, but only on the Heat Seekers disc.
Old 01-02-09, 11:53 PM

Be thankful they didn't go with former tag team champion JUDY BAGWELL.
Old 01-04-09, 07:58 PM

Does anyone have info on the re-release of Wrestling With Shadows? Meltzer mentioned a new interview with Bret. Any news of a release date?
Old 01-04-09, 08:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by xNightfallx
Does anyone have info on the re-release of Wrestling With Shadows? Meltzer mentioned a new interview with Bret. Any news of a release date?
I don't believe that this has been released on region 1 yet. I got the excellent Region 2 release that has a couple of extras. I thought that the perfect time to release it was back when the WWE Bret Hart DVD came out or last year when the book came out but that hasn't been the case.
Old 01-04-09, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by dx23
I don't believe that this has been released on region 1 yet. I got the excellent Region 2 release that has a couple of extras. I thought that the perfect time to release it was back when the WWE Bret Hart DVD came out or last year when the book came out but that hasn't been the case.
It was released on dvd in region 1 (maybe region 0, not sure), but only in Canada. It was released through the National Film Board of Canada. I'm at work at the moment or I would slap some pics up here of it and check the specs. It plays on my region 1 US dvd player. Its one of the few non-WWE or TNA wrestling dvds I own.

Last edited by l8nerduke32; 01-04-09 at 09:50 PM. Reason: typos
Old 01-04-09, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It was released in R1 format under Koch distribution. Its sold limitedly in Canada.

Last edited by xage; 01-04-09 at 10:07 PM.
Old 01-04-09, 10:48 PM
Suspended

I don't believe that this has been released on region 1 yet.
Bret Hitman Hart: Wrestling w/ Shadows DVD R1 Canada

it's in Multiregion Format
Old 01-04-09, 11:22 PM

That's good and all, but they're coming out with a new version. That's what I'm looking for info on.
Old 01-04-09, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by xNightfallx
That's good and all, but they're coming out with a new version. That's what I'm looking for info on.
I heard that too, i think it was on JR's blog.

I heard rumours stating it might be a 2 disc release with the 2nd disc basically being a video version of Bret Hart's book.
Old 01-05-09, 10:34 AM

I am currently watching the History of the WWE Championship and I am wondering what everyone else thought of this set. While the matches that are included are great so far, I think that the documentary portion is lacking. They really breeze over the title changes between wrestlemania 6 and summerslam 94.
I did watch the highlights bonus feature, but I figured that at the least the documentary would be a little more in depth even if the match wasn't included. Is it just this segment that is weak or am I in for another long stretch of skipped time or do I need to watch that segment again, I was fairly tired while watching?
Old 01-05-09, 12:26 PM

Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume VIII

Originally Posted by neilo13
I am currently watching the History of the WWE Championship and I am wondering what everyone else thought of this set. While the matches that are included are great so far, I think that the documentary portion is lacking. They really breeze over the title changes between wrestlemania 6 and summerslam 94.
I did watch the highlights bonus feature, but I figured that at the least the documentary would be a little more in depth even if the match wasn't included. Is it just this segment that is weak or am I in for another long stretch of skipped time or do I need to watch that segment again, I was fairly tired while watching?
The only three things really worth noting from that 4 1/2 year span was The Undertaker's 1st reign, Bret Hart's 1st reign, and Ric Flair winning the Royal Rumble.
Old 01-05-09, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by BrIaNMeRcY
The only three things really worth noting from that 4 1/2 year span was The Undertaker's 1st reign, Bret Hart's 1st reign, and Ric Flair winning the Royal Rumble.
That is my point. I don't mind if the matches aren't included, but I would have preferred if they had at least spent some time talking about the title changes instead of "during this time undertaker, flair, yokozuna and hogan had the title".

I was just expecting a comprehensive documentary along with some of the best matches, rather than the best matches with some minor documentary type stuff. Don't get me wrong, the matches are great, but I would like some more talk about the changes where the entire match isn't included. Is this just me?
Old 01-05-09, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I get what you're saying, but I think that discussing every single title change would begin to get redundant and boring.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.