Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume VIII

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume VIII

Old 12-14-08, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack
Probably the official SilverVision site.

The audio and video quality is perfectly adequate.
If you are in the US, you cannot get them from the SilverVision site since they don't ship outside of Europe.

I have purchased most of mine through SendIt.com. They seem to have the cheapest rates of any place I've ordered them from and are usually pretty quick with shipping.
Old 12-14-08, 03:15 PM

I was at FYE today and saw Survivor Series out early, My FYE seems to be doing this alot lately with WWE dvds.
Old 12-14-08, 03:30 PM

I've noticed an edit on the Hell in a Cell DVD - the shot on disc 3 from the Triple H/Batista match where Trips chokes Batista with a metal chain has been edited out.
Old 12-14-08, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Horrorcjmm
I was at FYE today and saw Survivor Series out early, My FYE seems to be doing this alot lately with WWE dvds.
Does anyone know if there will be a tin for this one?
Old 12-14-08, 08:39 PM

Yes, there is supposed to be a tin for this release.
Old 12-14-08, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Will be picking up the Edge DVD this Tuesday, seems like Canada is getting it a week early than the US like the HIAC DVD. I'm just hoping the packaging is not like the Kane one.

For the Survivor Series DVD, is the cover really the one with Cena holding the belt?
Old 12-14-08, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by sg2386

For the Survivor Series DVD, is the cover really the one with Cena holding the belt?
Yes it is.
Old 12-15-08, 01:30 PM

Actually, the January issue of WWE Magazine has an Ad for the Survivor Series tin and it says the release date is 12/13/2008. So I don't think FYE released it early.
Old 12-15-08, 05:30 PM
Cool New Member

well I'm finally very close to completing my R1 WWF/E DVD collection. I'm only missing 10 DVDs
Backlash 2001
Judgment Day 2001
Backlash 2002
Judgment Day 2002
Vengeance 2002
Trish Stratus - 100% Stratsfaction Guarnteed - FYE Exclusive
Best of 2001 - Viewer's Choice - NTSC (I have the PAL version)
Highlights of WrestleMania - Future Shop Exclusive
ECW Collector's Pack (I have both DVDs just not in the pack)
Tough Enough - Season 1

I even just picked up the Live & unscripted from someone on eBay about 2 days ago. I also just got in the Wrestlemania Anthology signed by Vince McMahon #3 of 1000

anyway...I was wondering if there was such a DVD as Rock's Greatest Matches? I've seen it on ebay & various other sites but no one seems to have a pic of it
Old 12-15-08, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Grandetrouille
well I'm finally very close to completing my R1 WWF/E DVD collection. I'm only missing 10 DVDs
Backlash 2001
Judgment Day 2001
Backlash 2002
Judgment Day 2002
Vengeance 2002
Trish Stratus - 100% Stratsfaction Guarnteed - FYE Exclusive
Best of 2001 - Viewer's Choice - NTSC (I have the PAL version)
Highlights of WrestleMania - Future Shop Exclusive
ECW Collector's Pack (I have both DVDs just not in the pack)
Tough Enough - Season 1

I even just picked up the Live & unscripted from someone on eBay about 2 days ago. I also just got in the Wrestlemania Anthology signed by Vince McMahon #3 of 1000

anyway...I was wondering if there was such a DVD as Rock's Greatest Matches? I've seen it on ebay & various other sites but no one seems to have a pic of it
Don't remember any Rock Greatest Matches DVD.

The only Rock DVDs that were released during the Attitude era were People's Champ, Just Bring It (single disc and later re-release as 2 disc set) and Know Your Role (re-released VHS version).
Old 12-15-08, 05:53 PM
Cool New Member

Don't remember any Rock Greatest Matches DVD.

The only Rock DVDs that were released during the Attitude era were People's Champ, Just Bring It (single disc and later re-release as 2 disc set) and Know Your Role (re-released VHS version).
That was what I thought but I wasn't sure. If you look it up on ebay some come up with no pic & some come up as the Ladder Matches DVD
Old 12-15-08, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That was what I thought but I wasn't sure. If you look it up on ebay some come up with no pic & some come up as the Ladder Matches DVD
My guess is those without pics are just bootlegs with compilation of Rock matches burned on DVD.
Old 12-15-08, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I believe the reason there is confusion on some listings is that the UPC they used for the Ladder Match dvd, was originally going to be for a Rock set, but that set was postponed and eventually released as "The Rock: The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment".
Old 12-15-08, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jman4200
The official match listing for WWE's Saturday Night's Main Event DVD set has been released:
Too bad this isn't on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecyoK9eMClM
Old 12-16-08, 10:11 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The deal is on again for $2 more for the Summerslam Anthology set. WWE Shopzone has the set for $101.14 and there is a 2 day free shipping code. The code is 2DAY.
Old 12-16-08, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got the Edge DVD couple of hrs ago and good news is that its not packaged like the Kane DVD, and its an actual digipack.
Old 12-16-08, 01:26 PM
Cool New Member

I also just got in the Wrestlemania Anthology signed by Vince McMahon #3 of 1000
ok I lied, the guy I got it from said it was #3 but it's actually #607. either way I got a great deal on it so I'm still pleased
Old 12-16-08, 03:24 PM

ok I lied, the guy I got it from said it was #3 but it's actually #607. either way I got a great deal on it so I'm still pleased
Either way it's a pretty good deal man
Old 12-16-08, 03:43 PM

Got the Edge DVD couple of hrs ago and good news is that its not packaged like the Kane DVD, and its an actual digipack.
Good. I have no idea why the WWE is so inconsistent with packaging anyways.

Also does anybody have Insurrextion 2002 for trade?

Message me if you do.

Last edited by DerangedHermit; 12-17-08 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-16-08, 04:55 PM

Well, I was disappointed & happy at the same time today. I went into FYE to get the Survivor Series tin, only to find out that FYE location is closing down and they're not stocking anymore new items. The good news is that the store is having a 25% off everything sale. Picked up ROH: Best in the World, ROH: Greatest Rivalries & Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen.
Old 12-16-08, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ShadyLPete
Well, I was disappointed & happy at the same time today. I went into FYE to get the Survivor Series tin, only to find out that FYE location is closing down and they're not stocking anymore new items. The good news is that the store is having a 25% off everything sale. Picked up ROH: Best in the World, ROH: Greatest Rivalries & Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen.
Mine too (Steinway Street). Which sucks. I'm going to call the few F.Y.E's in the tri-state area to find out which one plan's on stocking it. Unless they all are going under.

Hopefully this will be the last exclusive I need to worry about. Genius Products needs to start using another store since it's only a matter of time before all T.W.E.C stores go under.

Last edited by shacmasta; 12-16-08 at 11:54 PM.
Old 12-17-08, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by shacmasta
Mine too (Steinway Street). Which sucks. I'm going to call the few F.Y.E's in the tri-state area to find out which one plan's on stocking it. Unless they all are going under.

Hopefully this will be the last exclusive I need to worry about. Genius Products needs to start using another store since it's only a matter of time before all T.W.E.C stores go under.
Hold on, that FYE is shutting down?
Old 12-17-08, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
Hold on, that FYE is shutting down?
Sure looks like it in the NYC area at least. 3 major new york stores closed last year and this year the one nearest to my home. Like I said before I'll be calling 2 more stores to see what's up.

Maybe it's different in other states.
Old 12-17-08, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I always ask the people on Steinway if they think they're going to close, and they say it could happen, but they really haven't had the threat. The difference between that one and the ones near Rockefeller and the 7 train were that they weren't connect to so many other businesses. The FYE on Steinway always seems to have a good amount of people, so unless they outright say that they're going to close (even though it can happen at any minute), I'm always hopeful. I really hope they don't, though, since I've come to appreciate having those store-exclusives at my disposal.
Old 12-17-08, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
I always ask the people on Steinway if they think they're going to close, and they say it could happen, but they really haven't had the threat. The difference between that one and the ones near Rockefeller and the 7 train were that they weren't connect to so many other businesses. The FYE on Steinway always seems to have a good amount of people, so unless they outright say that they're going to close (even though it can happen at any minute), I'm always hopeful. I really hope they don't, though, since I've come to appreciate having those store-exclusives at my disposal.
Well last year they were about to go out but were saved at the last minute according to an employee I was talking to. This time unfortunately I think it will happen. If you go into the Steinway street store today (which I did) most of the walls are bare and signs all over the place stating 25% off, which would be ok if they still didn't charge MSRP. There's also a real estate sign in the front with a number to call if your interested in renting the space.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.