DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume VIII

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-08, 08:12 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the RAW Homecoming DVD any good?

Silvervision do it for £13.99

Though I believe its super rare in the US?
Old 11-29-08, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Blaze
Is the RAW Homecoming DVD any good?

Silvervision do it for £13.99

Though I believe its super rare in the US?
thats a pretty good deal.

Yea, it is extremely rare in the US, i believe it was only packaged with WMXX and sold only at Walmart for a limited time (i think it was for couple of weeks). Now i see it go for as much as over $200.

I'm glad i got it brand new for about $40 last year, since it wasn't sold in Canada.
Old 11-29-08, 11:09 AM

Just picked up the Hell in a Cell DVD for $2.88 on Amazon this morning. Great deal, considering I had almost bought it for 12.99 plus tax at a local DVD shop last week.
Old 11-29-08, 07:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TommyD1030
Just picked up the Hell in a Cell DVD for $2.88 on Amazon this morning. Great deal, considering I had almost bought it for 12.99 plus tax at a local DVD shop last week.
Was that from a seller or a Black Friday deal?
Old 11-29-08, 09:02 PM

This is an outrage! I thought I'd come on here tonight to find people posting pictures of their autographed Ric Flair shoot interview set...but nothing. I just finished the 4 disc shoot interview tonight...and I really enjoyed it. The one complaint I have is that one of the questions was wasted on asking Flair how it was to work with the American Males.
Old 11-29-08, 09:14 PM

i'm still on disc 1, i was away on vacation for the holiday so i haven't had time to finish it. been watching basketball all afternoon, hopefully tomorrow i'll be able to watch some more of it.
Old 11-29-08, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by CaseyB
This is an outrage! I thought I'd come on here tonight to find people posting pictures of their autographed Ric Flair shoot interview set...but nothing. I just finished the 4 disc shoot interview tonight...and I really enjoyed it. The one complaint I have is that one of the questions was wasted on asking Flair how it was to work with the American Males.
Several were posted. Learn to hit previous page on the topics and take some downers, dood. And where are yer pics, sir?
Old 11-30-08, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know the listing for the 3 disc Starrcade Set was posted a few weeks back but I think this is the first I read of a Documentary being included which to me makes this dvd set a must have,

Credit goes to Silvervision.co.uk and Highspots.com

The much anticipated Best of Starrcade, which is to be released in January, 2009, is going to feature both a documentary on the PPV, as well as a countdown of the greatest matches. Below are the details of the DVD:

For close to two decades, it was the signature event- first in NWA, then WCW. Some of the greatest Superstars in wrestling history had defining moments at the event. Starrcade may be gone, but fans of sports entertainment continue to celebrate its rich tradition and lasting legacy. Now, for the first time on DVD, the greatest matches of Starrcade are collected in a 3-disc set, along with a new and exclusive documentary exploring the 18-year history of the event, including comments from Ric Falir, Dusty Rhodes, Magnum TA, Road Warrior Animal, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, David Crockett, and others. The featured matches, as voted by the WWE Universe, are counted down by some of the key players from the time.

Documentary chapters:

Crockett Promotions
Thanksgiving Tradition
Starrcade Is Born
Dog Collar
A Flare For The Gold
Starrcades Success
I Quit
The Scaffold
Moving Out
Competition
The Beginning of WCW
Ric Flair is Starrcade
Reaching for New Concepts
Bischoff Revitalizes Starrcade
Goldbergs Impact
The Legacy of Starrcade
Disc 1

Gene Okerlund - # 25

The Match of the Decade
Rowdy Roddy Piper vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Starrcade December 29, 1996

Jim Ross - # 24

Iron Man Singles Tournament
Sting vs. The Great Muta
Starrcade December 13, 1989

Jim Ross - # 23

Unified World Tag Team Championship
Barry Windham / Brian Pillman vs. Ricky Steamboat / Shane Douglas
Starrcade December 28, 1992

Gene Okerlund - # 22

WCW World Heavyweight Championship
Goldberg vs. Kevin Nash
Starrcade December 27, 1998

Gene Okerlund - # 21

BattleBowl
Starrcade December 29, 1991

Tully Blanchard - # 20

2 out of 3 Falls for the WCW United States Championship
Dustin Rhodes vs. Stunning Steve Austin
Starrcade December 27, 1993

Disc 2

Tully Blanchard - # 19

NWA World Tag Team Championship
Road Warriors vs. Arn Anderson / Tully Blanchard
Alternate Commentary: Todd Grisham / Road Warrior Animal
Starrcade November 26, 1987

Tully Blanchard - # 18

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Jushin Thunder Liger
Starrcade December 29, 1996

Tully Blanchard - # 17

Scaffold Match
Rock n Roll Express vs. The Midnight Express
Starrcade November 26, 1987

Ric Flair - # 16

NWA World Heavyweight Championship
Ric Flair vs. Lex Luger
Starrcade December 26, 1988

Jim Ross - # 15

Eddie Guerrero vs. Shinjiro Otani
Starrcade December 27, 1995

Road Warrior Animal - # 14

Dusty Rhodes / Sting vs. Road Warriors
Starrcade December 26, 1988

Ric Flair & David Crockett - # 13

King of Cable Tournament Final
Sting vs. Big Van Vader
Starrcade December 28, 1992

Ric Flair & David Crockett - # 12

Brisco Brothers vs. Jay Youngblood / Ricky Steamboat
Starrcade November 24, 1983

Ric Flair & David Crockett - # 11

NWA World Heavyweight Championship
Dusty Rhodes vs. Ric Flair
Starrcade November 28, 1985

Dusty Rhodes - # 10

WCW Cruiserweight Championship
Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko
Starrcade December 28, 1997

Disc 3

Road Warrior Animal - # 9

Iron Man Tag Team Tournament
Road Warriors vs. The Steiner Brothers

Dusty Rhodes - # 8

Ladder Match for a Contract for the World Cruiserweight Championship
3 Count vs. Jamie Knoble & Evan Karagias vs. Jung Dragons
Starrcade December 17, 2000

Dusty Rhodes - # 7

Iron Man Singles Tournament
Sting vs. Ric Flair

Dusty Rhodes - # 6

Dog Collar Match
Greg Valentine vs. Roddy Piper

Road Warrior Animal - # 5

Scaffold Match
Road Warriors vs. The Midnight Express
Alternate Commentary: Todd Grisham / Road Warrior Animal
Starrcade November 27, 1986

Jim Ross - # 4

Sting vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Starrcade December 28, 1997

Ric Flair - # 3

Steel Cage Match for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship
Ric Flair vs. Harley Race

Tully Blanchard - # 2

Steel Cage I Quit Match for the NWA United States Championship
Magnum T.A. vs. Tully Blanchard
Starrcade November 28, 1985

Ric Flair - # 1

Ric Flairs Career Is On the Line
Ric Flair vs. Vader
Starrcade December 27, 1993

Jim Ross - Close

Last edited by shacmasta; 11-30-08 at 02:01 AM.
Old 12-01-08, 06:07 AM

Borders has a 40% off box sets code (CM2008), so if anybody wants to preorder both the Kane and Edge DVDs, they can do so for $33-ish plus local sales tax. Considering Best Buy and the ilk usually don't go below $17.99 (and are usually $19.99) for 3-disc sets, it's probably the best price you'll get until it comes down in price in a few months.
Old 12-01-08, 06:37 AM

Actually you can pre-order the DVDs for Edge, Kane, Best of Starrcade and The Legends of Wrestling for $91.56 using the 40% off discount.

For some reason The Legends of Wrestling is priced $4 more than the other three 3-disc sets.

Edit: Forget this post. Apparently, I can't read the fine print. (Limit 2)

Last edited by SkipKassidy; 12-01-08 at 06:53 AM.
Old 12-01-08, 06:43 AM

To update the cover art for the Survivor Series release. Silvervision is showing this artwork:

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/produc...-2008-DVD.html

There's something in the mist!

Last edited by SkipKassidy; 12-01-08 at 09:12 AM.
Old 12-01-08, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dead link
Old 12-01-08, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

found this cover for the Edge DVD on Silvervision. Looks like the limited edition one.

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/produc...D-3-Discs.html
Old 12-01-08, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The new SS cover is slightly better, but still pretty weak.
Old 12-02-08, 03:38 PM

That is very sweet that the Starrcade 92 match of Ricky Steamboat & Shane Douglas vs Barry Windham & Brian Pillman made the Starrcade dvd. Has anyone ever seen that match?? I have that ppv and that match is probably one of the best tag team matches I've ever seen. I actually rank it higher than the Blondes vs Steamboat/Douglas matches.

But I do know Jesse Ventura did color commentary at the ppv, I wonder if Vince will pay to have Jesse in the dvd or edit it so we just hear Schiavone call the match and only him.
Old 12-02-08, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For anyone still looking to pick-up the Kane & Undertaker Hell in a Cell Busts. The F.y.e near me is still selling them at 54.99 but now they added a mail in rebate for 25 dollars to the deal. I asked the cleark if all F.Y.E's are doing the same thing, he said "Yes, but only during the holidays."

Last edited by shacmasta; 12-02-08 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-03-08, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JCWBobC
From the DOI web site:

TNA is proud to announce their partnership with Best Buy on the biggest sale in TNA Home Video history! Best Buy locations and BestBuy.com will be selling the titles listed below at the very low price of only $5.99 from November 30th thru December 20th. Make sure to stop by your local Best Buy location and pick up these great titles. They are perfect for that special wrestling fan in your family or if you just want to increase your personal collection!

Don’t forget – you can also pick up the new “Kurt Angle: Champion” DVD at Best Buy locations!

All at $5.99 only at Best Buy
Best of 2007
50 Greatest Moments
History of TNA: Year 1
Sting: Return Of An Icon
Instant Classic: The Best Of Christian Cage
Lockdown 2008
Against All Odds 2008
Final Resolution 2008
Destination X 2008
Bound For Glory 2007
Genesis 2007
Hard Justice 2007
Turning Point 2007
Destination X 2007
Slammiversary 2007
Lockdown 2006
Any recommendations on which of these are worth picking up? For $5.99, I suppose I can't go wrong with any of them.
Old 12-03-08, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I actually picked up Lockdown '08 today, a nice copy too. I only got it for the Lethal Lockdown match and Angle/Joe V, otherwise it was a pretty weak card.

Btw, when I was in the store, it wasn't Destination X '07 and Slammiversary '07, but the '08 shows that were on sale.

So my recommendations:

Best of 2007 - unless you have the matches, you get KOTM '07, Angle/Joe IV, Christian/Kaz in a ladder match, Harris vs. Storm in a Texas Death Match, Angle/Sting I, and Styles/Rhino in Elevation X. The structure of the whole DVD is very weird, with the guy who narrates for TNA speaking directly to the camera (he's very hammy), but the matches make it worth it.

Instant Classic - I don't have this one, and I don't remember all the matches. You definetly get something documentary-like and his matches with Angle at Against All Odds '07, Jarrett vs. AAO '06, Rhino in a cage match, and I believe the match where he won his second world title.

Against All Odds 2008 - The whole show is a mess, but you get Kong vs. ODB, Scott Steiner vs. Petey Williams, Abyss vs. Judas Mesias in a barbwire match, Booker/Roode, and Angle/Christian.

Bound for Glory '07 - A genuine supercard. In the top-5 best TNA ppvs ever.

Genesis '07 - A good follow-up. Booker T's debut.

Those would be my top picks, unless you get everything. I'm still gonna go back and get Genesis, and possibly AAO '08.
Old 12-03-08, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TNA Global Impact was also 5.99 on the Best Buy website, but it's backordered now.
Old 12-03-08, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Just a reminder, if anyone has at least 90 pepsi stuff points left - and you still
haven't got the Ric Flair and Four Horseman 2 disc DVD for free - you have till
the end of the month to do so. They also have the unrated version of
John Cenas movie "The Marine" for 90 pepsi stuff pts as well.

Not surprise they are having a TNA DVD sale at Best Buy, there are two rows
filled with TNA DVDs at my store - including quite a few of the Global Impact DVD.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 12-03-08 at 11:08 PM.
Old 12-03-08, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by LaxBandit
Just a reminder, if anyone has at least 90 pepsi stuff points left - and you still haven't got
the Ric Flair and Four Horseman 2 disc DVD for free - you have till the end of the month to
do so. They also have the unrated version of John Cenas movie "The Marine" as well.

Not surprise they are having a TNA DVD sale at Best Buy, there are two rows filled with
TNA DVDs at my store - including quite a few of the Global Impact DVD.

LB...
I tried buying Lockdown 2008 on Friday but it rang up at 14.99. And it really pisses me off that I paid $20 on Global Impact thinking I could only get it from their shop site, where I could have waited and gotten it for 5.99. Never again TNA, never again.
Old 12-03-08, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KurtK26
I tried buying Lockdown 2008 on Friday but it rang up at 14.99.
The $5.99 DVD sale didn't start until Sunday, Nov 30 - thats why it was $14.99 last
Friday as the date was Nov 28.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 12-03-08 at 11:06 PM.
Old 12-03-08, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by KurtK26
I tried buying Lockdown 2008 on Friday but it rang up at 14.99. And it really pisses me off that I paid $20 on Global Impact thinking I could only get it from their shop site, where I could have waited and gotten it for 5.99. Never again TNA, never again.
And that's why TNA will always be failing...lack of loyalty to the fans. When WWE.com says shopexclusive, they mean it. When TNA says only available on their site, they mean for a few months, save for some of the older stuff.
Old 12-04-08, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
And that's why TNA will always be failing...lack of loyalty to the fans. When WWE.com says shopexclusive, they mean it. When TNA says only available on their site, they mean for a few months, save for some of the older stuff.
I agree. I even found out few weeks back that Canada was also selling the Global Impact DVD which i saw at a local HMV for $15, whereas i spent about $30 including shipping from a seller i know in the US back in March of this year.

I and few others on this board were fooled by their sales pitch last summer when they sold the autographs plus the 3 original TNA DVDs that were released in 2003 (Best of NWA-TNA title matches, Best of Bloodiest Brawls and Best of X-Division) for $100, most people bought it just for the dvds and they kept saying "once they're gone, THEY'RE GONE...ORDER NOW...quantities extremely limited". I fell for that line and ordered it and what do you know a month later they sold those 3 dvds for $20 a piece and they still were selling them a year later.

Never again i shopped at shopTNA, and never will.

Last edited by sg2386; 12-04-08 at 12:28 AM.
Old 12-04-08, 12:48 AM

ShopTNA is horrible. The last time I ordered from them I did get a very nice deal which included a ton of DVDs for a good price. They didn't have free shipping offered then but I was willing to pay it for all I was getting.

Now that they do offer free shipping though (and only if you spend $40 or more) their sales have been to say the least...shit. Don West's insane deals are only insane in the sense that calling them deals is insane. Their Black Friday sale was mediocre at best and during that time much like any other there were countless DVDs out of stock which you can't place an order for. When I can put an order in for something that is backordered on Amazon, DeepDiscount, and Circuit City there is no excuse for not being able to do so with ShopTNA other than it being run by fucking morons. Despite dumb things they have done/still do with the product I do like TNA, but ShopTNA is horrible and either needs some great revamping or needs to go completely.

And there's no excuse for charging $19.99 for all one disc DVDs when you can buy two and three disc DVDs from WWE Shop for less than that. If TNA truly wants to be WWE's competition they may want to look at business practices.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.