Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume VIII

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume VIII

Old 11-22-08, 06:35 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That Starrcade cover is tight! I guess I will be add more to my WWE dvd collection after the holidays as this is all I am missing:

PPV'S:
Rock Bottom 1998
Judgment Day 2002 [US Release, not KOCH..picky about US & Koch releases]
Summerslam 2008
Unforgiven 2008
No Mercy 2008

OTHERS:
New & Improved Degeneration X
WWE Homecoming
Undertaker the Phenom
Raw Diva Search 2004
Tough Enough Mililon $ Challenge
Tough Enough Season 1 [Technically an MTV dvd set]

I have been building my collection over the last five-years and have gotten some awesome deals, such as a U.S. release Vengeance 2002 sealed dvd on ebay for $10 and Vengeance 2001 sealed for $5. Others, I may have paid a bit more, such as $57 for Rumble's 2000 and 2001 from the same seller.

However, I do not get the Anthology sets as I prefer the Coliseum Video versions and have transfered them to dvd.

When I get a chance and time, I will post pixs of my collection, including a few custom covers I have gotten from associates.
Old 11-22-08, 06:58 PM

That Starrcade set cover is tremendous - definitely one of WWE's best over the past year.
Old 11-22-08, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by CSUMB84
That Starrcade cover is tight! I guess I will be add more to my WWE dvd collection after the holidays as this is all I am missing:

PPV'S:
Rock Bottom 1998
Summerslam 2008
Unforgiven 2008
No Mercy 2008

OTHERS:
WWE Homecoming
Undertaker the Phenom
Raw Diva Search 2004

I have been building my collection over the last five-years and have gotten some awesome deals, such as a U.S. release Vengeance 2002 sealed dvd on ebay for $10 and Vengeance 2001 sealed for $5. Others, I may have paid a bit more, such as $57 for Rumble's 2000 and 2001 from the same seller.

However, I do not get the Anthology sets as I prefer the Coliseum Video versions and have transfered them to dvd.

When I get a chance and time, I will post pixs of my collection, including a few custom covers I have gotten from associates.
theres no difference between the KOCH and US versions (content wise) its only that the US discs are made in Mexico and the KOCH discs are made in Canada. The covers have KOCH written on the spine at the very bottom says "made in Canada" at the back at the very bottom.

My collection consists of KOCH and US versions, if i can't find KOCH versions of older ppvs, i settle for US releases. A US version of Judgment Day 2002 costs like 10 times more than the KOCH version, you can get a brand new KOCH JD 2002 for about $30-$35 whereas the US version ranges from $150-$300, and its not like its going to get any cheaper with time. If i were you i would just settle with the cheapest one.

Last edited by sg2386; 11-22-08 at 08:55 PM.
Old 11-22-08, 09:18 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by sg2386
theres no difference between the KOCH and US versions (content wise) its only that the US discs are made in Mexico and the KOCH discs are made in Canada. The covers have KOCH written on the spine at the very bottom says "made in Canada" at the back at the very bottom.

My collection consists of KOCH and US versions, if i can't find KOCH versions of older ppvs, i settle for US releases. A US version of Judgment Day 2002 costs like 10 times more than the KOCH version, you can get a brand new KOCH JD 2002 for about $30-$35 whereas the US version ranges from $150-$300, and its not like its going to get any cheaper with time. If i were you i would just settle with the cheapest one.
I understand there is no difference but its just my preference. I didn't think I would find deals on Vengeance 2002, Judgment Day/Backlash/Vengeance and KOTR 2001 but I eventually did. It's just a matter of being patient and looking for typo's on ebay.
Old 11-22-08, 09:35 PM
Cool New Member

I have a relatively small collection, about 20 or 30 dvds.

Plan to get a few more then I should be done.
Old 11-23-08, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by shacmasta
The Best of Saturday Night's Main Event to be released on February 10, 2009,

New Tagged Classics...

No Mercy/Survivor Series: Tagged Classics
Armageddon 03/Royal Rumble 04: Tagged Classics
Looking forward to the Saturday Night's Main Event DVD.

Glad to see they are keeping up with the R1 Tagged Classics.
Old 11-23-08, 03:02 PM
Cool New Member

Ive always found the american tagged classics rather random. Youd probably own those dvds anyway
Old 11-23-08, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Prowler
Looking forward to the Saturday Night's Main Event DVD.

Glad to see they are keeping up with the R1 Tagged Classics.
I might pick up the Armageddon 2003/Royal Rumble 2004 set, especially if Best Buy has it for $12.99. Armageddon '03 sucked pretty bad, but it'd be worth it for Orton/RVD, HBK/Batista, and Goldberg/Kane/HHH. RR '04 was actually quite good, so that part's a no-brainer.
Old 11-23-08, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by CSUMB84

PPV'S:
Rock Bottom 1998
Summerslam 2008
Unforgiven 2008
No Mercy 2008

OTHERS:
WWE Homecoming
Undertaker the Phenom
Raw Diva Search 2004

I got Undertaker : The Phenom if you're interested
Old 11-23-08, 06:11 PM
Cool New Member

Some questions from a noob:

I hope no one minds if i intererrupt this thread for a couple of questions. I've been collecting WWF/E dvd's since they came out (they were the reason I bought a dvd player) so I've got some questions to pose.

Has anyone ever noticed that the $1,000,000 tough enough DVD has 2 different covers. One has a red logo and one has a white logo. Other than the different covers is there any difference between these?

Has anyone ever heard of a dvd called "Highlights of Wrestlemania" that was given away at Futureshop in Canada with the purchase of a PS2? The DVD came in a slipcase similar to the "Live and Unscripted" DVD and had Jerico on the cover. The content is the same as the DVD that came with the History of Wrestlemania book. Can anyone shed more light on these?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-23-08, 10:50 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by babyheel
Has anyone ever heard of a dvd called "Highlights of Wrestlemania" that was given away at Futureshop in Canada with the purchase of a PS2? The DVD came in a slipcase similar to the "Live and Unscripted" DVD and had Jerico on the cover. The content is the same as the DVD that came with the History of Wrestlemania book. Can anyone shed more light on these?

Thanks in advance.
I saw the Highlights of Wrestlemania for sale on eBay once, but unfortunately I was outbid in the last couple of seconds. Probably by someone on here

I did manage to save the pic of it though

freewebs.com/b3bs4/Highlights%20of%20WrestleMania.jpg
Old 11-24-08, 12:02 AM

I have a copy of the Hulk Still Rules DVD that is an errored pressing, with the second disc being Triple H: The Game instead. Looking at it you would never tell, but I was pretty pissed the first time I sat down to watch it.

Any idea if it's worth anything?
Old 11-24-08, 12:45 AM
Suspended

Lone Haul:
WWE History of the Intercontinental Championship DVD
The so called "Collector's Edition" Buddy Roberts Version

Old 11-24-08, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I plan on picking up the IC DVD tuesday, thanks for the pics throwback.
Old 11-24-08, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by imansuckfan
I have a copy of the Hulk Still Rules DVD that is an errored pressing, with the second disc being Triple H: The Game instead. Looking at it you would never tell, but I was pretty pissed the first time I sat down to watch it.

Any idea if it's worth anything?
I think it might be worth about $50 depends on where you sell it. I seen one on Amazon for around $65 one time.
Old 11-24-08, 01:08 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by JJE-187
I plan on picking up the IC DVD tuesday, thanks for the pics throwback.
No problem man. but full credit really goes to shacmasta since he's one of the few early consumers who made the discovery regarding the Buddy Roberts booklet.
Old 11-24-08, 07:03 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Grandetrouille
I saw the Highlights of Wrestlemania for sale on eBay once, but unfortunately I was outbid in the last couple of seconds. Probably by someone on here

I did manage to save the pic of it though

freewebs.com/b3bs4/Highlights%20of%20WrestleMania.jpg
Yep, that's it. I'm the guy that outbid you. I love esnipe. I think I paid around $18 for it. Never even knew the disc existed.

Can anyone shed some light on the history of this dvd?
Old 11-24-08, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xage
Try not remembering because the Tiger Mask shared by Throwback is not Satoru Sayama but the Tiger Mask Anime character.
And Captain Obvious is a captain.
Old 11-24-08, 04:35 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by babyheel
Yep, that's it. I'm the guy that outbid you. I love esnipe. I think I paid around $18 for it. Never even knew the disc existed.

Can anyone shed some light on the history of this dvd?
bastard!! haha j/k
I remember I watched it until the very end when it was $0.99 then we jumped it to about $8. I haven't seen one since

If I'm not mistaken it was a promo DVD that was given with PS2 bundles
Old 11-24-08, 04:46 PM

I picked one up on eBay about a year and a half ago for around $10. I also had no idea about it.
Old 11-24-08, 09:15 PM
Cool New Member

i see that ROH is having a Black Friday sale. now i know that they usually have one every yr but does anyone know what consists in the sale?
Old 11-24-08, 10:39 PM
Cool New Member

was Best Of WWF 2001 released in the USA or only in the UK?
Old 11-25-08, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Grandetrouille
was Best Of WWF 2001 released in the USA or only in the UK?
Canada and Europe only. I was able to buy it because a DVD place near my old high school had it for 15 bucks.

Originally Posted by xNightfallx
I picked one up on eBay about a year and a half ago for around $10. I also had no idea about it.
Any word on what matches are featured on that DVD?
Old 11-25-08, 05:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by bmp5524
i see that ROH is having a Black Friday sale. now i know that they usually have one every yr but does anyone know what consists in the sale?
Last year's Black Friday sale was 35% off everything on the site. Dvds, clothing, books, etc. I'm not sure if tickets were included or not, honestly.
Old 11-25-08, 12:58 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by BrIaNMeRcY
Any word on what matches are featured on that DVD?
Assuming you mean the Highlights of Wrestlemania DVD, it's the same as the DVD that came with the Official Insiders Guide to Wrestlemania book. The Highlights of Wrestlemania version has Chris Jericho on the cover while the book version has the Wrestlemania logo. As far as the content, it's a condensed version of the Wrestlemania All Day Long that aired on PPV prior to Wrestlemania 16. The PPV version is 8 hours long and has never seen an official DVD release. The DVD is about 2 hours and features interviews with guys like Finkle, Patterson, Briscoe and others talking about behind the scenes stuff as well as match clips.

While the DVD version is worth watching, the PPV version is excellent with many more interviews of (then) current WWE superstars talking about their memories of the events. I recorded it to VHS when it aired and converted it to dvd some time ago.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.