DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume VIII

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-08, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Christian -SHOP TNA/ROH
Booker T - FYE/Suncoast/Transworld
AJ Styles -Best Buy

That has been the trend and from my friends that ordered it online (3 people) all got Christian..... AJ is at all the Best Buys I went to (5) and Booker T was at the FYEs I went to (4).

Best Price is $16.99 on sale at FYE.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-14-08, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got min from Best Buy and Christain was on the cover
Old 11-15-08, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by edman180
Cover art for Ric Flair shoot from highspots

That's some impressive near-WWE quality DVD packaging work from Highspots there - close to the Definitive Collection's level. I'm excited about the Cross the Line set - $20-ish for 3 PPV DVDs is a good deal, and $17 for them is unreal. If the Legends of Wrestling set is a set of the Legends of Wrestling roundtables along with some matches from the participants, it could be one of the best sets ever given the high quality of the roundtables (usually) and the incredible work by many of the panelists.

Heroes of World Class getting two more national DVD releases is pretty good (and unexpected news), although I'd recommend just going with the two-disc version that BV released a couple of years ago, since the bonus disc added a lot to the whole set. Of course, if the Blu-Ray version has a lot more meaningful content (and it easily could - Brian Harrison and others did plenty of interviews that could be included if nothing else), and actually has bonus matches, then it would easily be THE version to get if you have the means to do so. Given how inexpensive the two-disc version is given the high quality of the documentary and plethora of extras, I don't see the bare-bones version as being very practical except for a wrestling fan on a really tight budget.

Last edited by JPeeples; 11-15-08 at 01:54 AM.
Old 11-15-08, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hope they pack that thing in a box w/surrounding protection. I've had issues with them in past with digipacks ordered from them, They tend to throw them in a bubble mailer and call it a day. I would love to have this thing as mint as could be, didn't spend 30 bucks xtra on an autograph for nothing.
Old 11-15-08, 03:14 PM

Are the covers on anyone elses TNA box set all wrinkled and creased? My covers are totally mangled.
Old 11-15-08, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't have the set myself, but every copy I've seen at a Best Buy has some serious dents on the box itself.

BTW, does anyone happen to know if TNA plans to release this events individually? The only one I really want to get is Hard Justice, since Victory Road was pretty bad, and No Surrender was just ok.
Old 11-16-08, 08:36 PM
Suspended

Some new hauls from my Recent trip to Malaysia a few days ago.
WWE Region 3 DVD's
Sendi Mutiara Official Distributor

Individual Royal Rumble Anthologies Clear Amarays

Championship Challenge Series DVD sets

Smackdown Episodes DVD

WWE PPV's w. Slipcase DVD

thanks for looking!
Old 11-16-08, 10:48 PM

I purchased the Viva La Raza tin at Best Buy yesterday and was wondering if the Cheating Death, Stealing Life DVD that's included is exactly the same as the one released in 2004? I know there's at least one Benoit match on that DVD and I'm curious if WWE changed anything about it.
Old 11-17-08, 08:37 AM

Its not changed at all. full benoit on the disc
Old 11-17-08, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got an email yesterday that HighSpots has mailed out the Flair shoot interview to me. If I get it before anyone else I'll post pictures and all of that good stuff.

They ship from Charlotte, and I'm just in upstate SC so I'll likely get it tomorrow.
Old 11-17-08, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by throwback
Some new hauls from my Recent trip to Malaysia a few days ago.
WWE Region 3 DVD's
Sendi Mutiara Official Distributor

Individual Royal Rumble Anthologies Clear Amarays

Championship Challenge Series DVD sets

Smackdown Episodes DVD

WWE PPV's w. Slipcase DVD

thanks for looking!
Nice pictures as always Throwback, are these official Malaysian releases or bootlegs?
Old 11-17-08, 06:35 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Untitled 1
Nice pictures as always Throwback, are these official Malaysian releases or bootlegs?
Official Malaysian Releases by Sendi Mutiara, IMO dude im not satisfied w/ the said distributor compare to the Region 1 & region 2 releases by Genius/Weinstein Products & Silvervision who is far bar none the topnotch WWE DVD distributors.
Old 11-17-08, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Click on the pics to enlarge them...

Here's a shot of the 3 different TNA Cross the Line 3-Pack

An early shot of the new IC Title Box Set...

The Insert...

And the rest...

Last edited by shacmasta; 11-17-08 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-17-08, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Brent L
I got an email yesterday that HighSpots has mailed out the Flair shoot interview to me. If I get it before anyone else I'll post pictures and all of that good stuff.

They ship from Charlotte, and I'm just in upstate SC so I'll likely get it tomorrow.

I'm scheduled for a wednesday delivery from Fed Ex, Can't wait!!
Old 11-17-08, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by throwback
Official Malaysian Releases by Sendi Mutiara, IMO dude im not satisfied w/ the said distributor compare to the Region 1 & region 2 releases by Genius/Weinstein Products & Silvervision who is far bar none the topnotch WWE DVD distributors.
The Championship Challenge collection looks pretty cool though, I have to admit. They would be sweet in any collection due to them being unique and coming from Malaysia.
Old 11-17-08, 07:40 PM

IC title DVD looks good, glad the are continuing the style that they began with the WWE title release. I hope more of the best of titles DVDs are in the works for the future
Old 11-17-08, 08:50 PM
Cool New Member

Hello everyone,

I was quite surprised after reading on the boards about the TNA wrestling DVD variations. These include the 2 TNA Knocked Out cover versions (Christy Hemme and Karen Angle) and the 3 TNA Cross The Line cover versions (Christian, Booker T and AJ Styles).

I cannot for the life of me track down the Christy Hemme Knocked Out DVD version (new) or the Booker T and AJ Styles Cross The Line DVDs. I live in Nova Scotia so I likely won't have the opportunity to purchase these at our Best Buy locations (which only have Karen Angle for Knocked Out and Christian for Cross The Line) but am wondering if any of you collectors could help me out? If so, I am looking for mint conditioned copies as the packaging is very important to me. Please let me know if you're able to help me out and I'll cover your time/expense without any question.

Thanks very much!
Old 11-17-08, 09:50 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by shacmasta
Click on the pics to enlarge them...

Here's a shot of the 3 different TNA Cross the Line 3-Pack

Congrats on the 3 Pack Variantions TNA Cross the Line Boxsets Dude!
Old 11-17-08, 11:16 PM

I preordered this over 2 weeks ago and it said I was approved I payed through my paypal, but I have yet to receive any notification of it being sent and I contacted them via email this morning and got no response, I hope I get what I ordered i've never ordered from HS before.

Last edited by Jman4200; 11-18-08 at 12:10 AM.
Old 11-18-08, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JoeSomebody2008
Hello everyone,

I was quite surprised after reading on the boards about the TNA wrestling DVD variations. These include the 2 TNA Knocked Out cover versions (Christy Hemme and Karen Angle) and the 3 TNA Cross The Line cover versions (Christian, Booker T and AJ Styles).

I cannot for the life of me track down the Christy Hemme Knocked Out DVD version (new) or the Booker T and AJ Styles Cross The Line DVDs. I live in Nova Scotia so I likely won't have the opportunity to purchase these at our Best Buy locations (which only have Karen Angle for Knocked Out and Christian for Cross The Line) but am wondering if any of you collectors could help me out? If so, I am looking for mint conditioned copies as the packaging is very important to me. Please let me know if you're able to help me out and I'll cover your time/expense without any question.

Thanks very much!
I live in Toronto and looks like the only versions of the Knocked Out DVD is with Karen Angle and the Cross the Line 3 pack with Christian. Doesn't really matter about the cover though. The Mysterio DVD came in like 5 different colour covers which i thought was a waste.
Old 11-18-08, 03:32 AM

Just got word my flair shoot has shipped can't wait to see it, all is right with the world lol.
Old 11-18-08, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just checked the tracking number for my Flair shoot and it says that it'll be delivered today. Now to wait it out here at work until 6pm.

Anyone else go all the way and get the 4-disc with an autograph?

The guys at HS are great people, I back them up 100%.
Old 11-18-08, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just checked the tracking number for my Flair shoot and it says that it'll be delivered today. Now to wait it out here at work until 6pm.

Anyone else go all the way and get the 4-disc with an autograph?

The guys at HS are great people, I back them up 100%.
Ordered the 4 disc but passed on the autograph.
Old 11-18-08, 10:51 AM

Same here, bought the 4 disc but didn't splurge on the auto. Mainly because all my other wrestling autos are 8x10's so it wouldn't stick to the theme. Oh and on a side note I received my email notification last night as well.
Old 11-18-08, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I went for the autograph simply because I don't have anything signed by Ric Flair, or any other wrestlers.

I was just told that it did indeed show up today, so again, if no one does before I get home I'll post some pictures tonight.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.