Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume VIII

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-08, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW.. thanks for the response and those are Shiny Looking Tins!

its in FYE right? They have a deal right now where I can get two of them with a $10 off...

Originally Posted by throwback
Yep same it has the thickness as the New WWE DVD Tin Collection from FYE here some pics of it compared w/ Eddie's DVD & Regular WWE FYE PPV Tin DVD. Well here's hoping that the coming trend for future WWE Exclusive DVD releases.

thanks for looking!
Old 11-13-08, 09:33 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
rated r outlaw how do you have the time to watch a 3 disc set in 1 day, 9 hours of wrestling, it takes me atleast 2 weeks to watch a set like that?
I watched the Ladder match DVD in a day. Just watched a disc at a time
Old 11-13-08, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jeez, I LOVE wrestling, but I usually have trouble making it through a single 3 hour dvd without starting to lose interest about halfway through. There is no way I could make it through a multi disc set like that in one sitting.
Old 11-13-08, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Jeez, I LOVE wrestling, but I usually have trouble making it through a single 3 hour dvd without starting to lose interest about halfway through. There is no way I could make it through a multi disc set like that in one sitting.
Same for me. I tend to doze off during my pay-per-view discs so I tend to have to go back and re-watch what I'd missed.
Old 11-13-08, 10:53 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a decent WWE DVD sale at WWE Shopzone of all places. Many DVDs are 50% off.

http://www.wweshop.com/category.asp?...cid=DVDSALE-01
Old 11-13-08, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by xage
The details of the set was posted already last week here is the posted advertisement:
Now I just wonder....cause the advertisement for the BB Tin says it comes with the RAW tribute....are we sure it comes with the stand alone 3 disc set as well?
Old 11-13-08, 11:26 AM

Saw this on PWInsider:

On January 27, 2009, WWE Home Video will be releasing a 3-pack DVD set entitled WWE The Legends of Wrestling.

Here is the official description of the DVD: Ric Flair, Lex Luger, Jerry"The King"Lawler & Junk Yard Dog are just a few of the biggest names in the history of sports-entertainment, a who's who of professional wrestling immortality. In one of the most popular shows on WWE's on demand channel, panels that include WWE Hall of Famers Jim Ross and Dusty Rhodes discuss the life and times of these legends. These shows have never been available on DVD - until now! Fans can now enjoy these panel discussions along with bonus matches featuring the best of the highlighted superstars.

Here is the product information of the DVD:

RUNTIME - 540 minutes

LANGUAGES - English

SCREEN FORMAT - Full Screen

US RATING - TV14

DVD KEY SELLING POINT - First time on DVD! Value packed with 3 DVDs features Ric Flair, Lex Luger, Jerry"The King"Lawler & Junk Yard Dog. Unique perspectives and entertaining anecdotes from a panel of wrestling superstars, historians, and Hall-of-Famers. Includes never before seen bonus matches. WWE continues to dominate the Sports DVD category, holding 9 of the top 10 DVD releases.
Old 11-13-08, 11:26 AM

exactly i have trouble making it threw 2 hours without wanted to stop, i love wrestling but to much of even a good thing is bad, plus how do you guys have time to watch 9 hours of wrestling on a tuesday, i wish i had your job
Old 11-13-08, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by brianmercy
here is the official description of the dvd: Ric flair, lex luger, jerry"the king"lawler & junk yard dog :
wtf????
Old 11-13-08, 02:23 PM

I might get Legends of Wrestling just so I can hear what everyone has to say about ol' Flexy Lexy.
Old 11-13-08, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Quack
Picked up the 4 disc today from FYE....to clarify, at BB you can't tell if it has the 4th disc until you purchase it correct? I'd really like to get the Raw Tribute as well....I figure I could buy one and open it, and if it doesn't have it, I could return it saying it didn't have Disc 1 for example and try again.

Originally Posted by Quack
Now I just wonder....cause the advertisement for the BB Tin says it comes with the RAW tribute....are we sure it comes with the stand alone 3 disc set as well?
I believe the Raw bonus disc is only available w/ the tin. Their website lists a standard 3 disc and the tin only. When i purchased my tin on Tuesday, they hadnt put any of them or the standard 3 discs on the shelf, so I did not personally see the standard version. The associate had to go to the back and get me the tin, which was in mint shape, no dents or dings whatsoever.

The tin set is advertised as a 7 disc set w/ this breakdown: 3 discs for Viva, 2 for Cheating, 1 for Now Way Out and then 1 for the Raw Tribute. So i do believe that is the only way to get it, w/ the tin.

Hope this helps or clarifies.
Old 11-13-08, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it....I think I'll pick up the tin since I don't have the other Eddie two disc set....and give the Viva La Raza DVD to my buddy.
Old 11-13-08, 05:36 PM

To those within the New York City area who wants the FYE 4-disc Eddie Guerrero DVD, I highly suggest to make the trip to the Newport Center Mall. I saw they had at least 7 copies of the four disc version. All of them have the SmackDown Tribute disc where the insert is at. I ended up picking up a copy of my own.
Old 11-13-08, 10:10 PM

Not sure if mentioned but I saw at FYE the TNA Cross the Line 3-Pack and Booker T was on the cover. It was priced $16.99
Old 11-13-08, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
Not sure if mentioned but I saw at FYE the TNA Cross the Line 3-Pack and Booker T was on the cover. It was priced $16.99
I wonder how many different ones are out there?
Old 11-13-08, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
That's how I feel. I'm a HUGE wrestling fan, but unless it's a live ppv, my interest can't really be sustained for two hours. Even when I buy the ppvs on DVD, I usually split my viewing into two days.
Old 11-13-08, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BrIaNMeRcY
To those within the New York City area who wants the FYE 4-disc Eddie Guerrero DVD, I highly suggest to make the trip to the Newport Center Mall. I saw they had at least 7 copies of the four disc version. All of them have the SmackDown Tribute disc where the insert is at. I ended up picking up a copy of my own.
Where is that? My geography is quite rough.
Old 11-13-08, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
New Jersey
Old 11-13-08, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
Jersey City, New Jersey. The easiest way to get there is taking the PATH system.

That FYE store is far better than the one on Steinway and Myrtle Avenue.
Old 11-14-08, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by l8nerduke32
I believe the Raw bonus disc is only available w/ the tin. Their website lists a standard 3 disc and the tin only. When i purchased my tin on Tuesday, they hadnt put any of them or the standard 3 discs on the shelf, so I did not personally see the standard version. The associate had to go to the back and get me the tin, which was in mint shape, no dents or dings whatsoever.

The tin set is advertised as a 7 disc set w/ this breakdown: 3 discs for Viva, 2 for Cheating, 1 for Now Way Out and then 1 for the Raw Tribute. So i do believe that is the only way to get it, w/ the tin.

Hope this helps or clarifies.

Can anyone 100% CONFIRM that the ONLY way to get the RAW Bonus disc is by purchasing the Tin?

Thanks
Old 11-14-08, 01:33 PM

Cover art for Ric Flair shoot from highspots

Old 11-14-08, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well my BB is out of Tins already.....hoping there is another way to get the RAW Tribute.
Old 11-14-08, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh man, that Flair set looks awesome. I'm so glad I went wild and bought the 4-disc set w/ autograph!
Old 11-14-08, 03:17 PM

Are the alternate box graphics for Cross The Line 3 pack exclusive to any specific retailers? The Suncoast here didn't have it, and all the bestbuys I looked at were AJ Styles ones. I am only going to get it if I can find one w/ Christian on it.

Last edited by l8nerduke32; 11-14-08 at 03:17 PM. Reason: typos
Old 11-14-08, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by l8nerduke32
Are the alternate box graphics for Cross The Line 3 pack exclusive to any specific retailers? The Suncoast here didn't have it, and all the bestbuys I looked at were AJ Styles ones. I am only going to get it if I can find one w/ Christian on it.
I haven't heard of any store-specific covers. I got mine from ROHwrestling.com and it had Christian on it. Didn't even realize there were others to be had.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.