Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume VIII

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-08, 08:59 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Viva La Raza: The Legacy of Eddie Guerrero DVD Exclusives

Bestbuy Tin & FYE Exclusive

Quick Notes & Warnings:
1st: All Bestbuy Stores carries 90% dented Tin, double check first before purchasing

2nd: FYE Exclusives does not guarantee 4 discs (even if it has a sticker stating its 4 disc). UPC is not helpful because the 4disc & 3disc has the same UPC code. Make sure that the Eddie Guerrero Smackdown Bonus disc is onpack and visible at the back of the DVD the back of the DVD. I bought mine at an FYE store but upon opening no bonus disc, and I went to another FYE store exchange it with a visible onpack disc at the back

thanks for looking!

Last edited by throwback; 11-11-08 at 09:30 PM.
Old 11-11-08, 09:40 PM

can somebody please post whats on both raw and smackdown tribute shows, the match listings and stuff

also if anybody has watched either or them can u post the edits on both of them, i know benoit is out but is the videos hurt and here without you edited also?

p.s.that big set is a great buy if you dont already have cheating life stealing death, that along with the tribute and 3 disc is everything you need for a eddie fan, its great that one of the best gets a dvd set he deserves, i always thought eddie was just as good as benoit and found him matches more rewatchable than benoit's even before the deaths, eddie is up there in the bret hart-shawn michaels league imo
Old 11-11-08, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hey Throwback, was the TIN set of Bestbuy the thickest WWE tin ever released?
Old 11-11-08, 09:57 PM

someone posted what was edited on the Raw & SD disc,

In case anyone is wondering, Benoit has been completely edited out of the tribute shows. The opening of the RAW show, anytime that Benoit would be highly visible, they edited in crowd shots or unused shots of the other stars on the stage.

On the RAW tribute, they moved some things around and edited a few things. Some unused footage (such as Flair's post match celebration and a moment of time from the announcers) is added into the show, while some things (such as Benoit, Stephanie McMahon, and oddly Rey Mysterio's remembering segments) are taken out.

They added in 6-minute long "remembering" segments from both Regal and Malenko on the SmackDown! tribute and reorganized the show so that Chavo vs. JBL is the main event instead of Benoit/HHH. Music from both shows (Cash's "Hurt," 3 Doors Down's "Here Without You" and a few Diva entrance themes) have been dubbed over due to rights
Old 11-11-08, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
also if anybody has watched either or them can u post the edits on both of them, i know benoit is out but is the videos hurt and here without you edited also?
I already posted what had been edited a couple of posts back.

As far as packaging of the tributes, both of my sets from FYE and Best Buy has the RAW/SmackDown Tribute disc packaged inside the Viva La Raza set, slipped in where the insert with the match listing goes. Neither was visible from the outside.
Old 11-11-08, 10:00 PM

After thinking for a while I choose to go with the regular 3-disc from wal-mart, the tribute shows seemed screwed up with missing stuff and edits plus the neraest FYE or Best Buy is an hour away
Old 11-11-08, 10:08 PM

ok cool thanks but can anybody post the listings of both tribute shows thats on the back cover, i want to know what matches and stuff are on there
Old 11-11-08, 10:17 PM

Diedlaughing posted the disc contents for Smackdown, I dont know about RAW

Originally Posted by DiedLaughing

Old 11-11-08, 10:19 PM

I just saw this today.. interestingly redundant matches featured from other WWE Superstars tribute DVDs.

Thanks SG2386 for the Koch Info.

Originally Posted by sg2386
according to the KOCH site here is the description and match list for the Starrcade: The Essential Collection:

For longtime fans of professional wrestling, the end of the year meant one of the biggest events of the year—Starrcade. Rivalries that had festered for months would be settled once and for all. Contenders that had long dreamed of their big break would finally get their title shots. It was an annual event that even predated WrestleMania by two years. Now, for the first time, fans can see the great NWA and WCW battles on DVD with The Best of Starrcade.

This is the first-ever DVD to focus on Starrcade, which was basically the NWA/WCW’s version of WrestleMania.

Disc 1
Starrcade December 29, 1996 - The Match of the Decade
“Rowdy” Roddy Piper vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan

Starrcade December 13, 1989 - Iron Man Singles Tournament
Sting vs. The Great Muta

Starrcade December 28, 1992 - Unified World Tag Team Championship
Barry Windham / Brian Pillman vs. Ricky Steamboat / Shane Douglas

Starrcade December 27, 1998 - WCW World Heavyweight Championship
Goldberg vs. Kevin Nash

Starrcade December 29, 1991
BattleBowl

Starrcade December 27, 1993 - 2 out of 3 Falls for the WCW United States Championship
Dustin Rhodes vs. Stunning Steve Austin

Disc 2
Starrcade November 26, 1987 - NWA World Tag Team Championship
Road Warriors vs. Arn Anderson / Tully Blanchard
Alternate Commentary: Todd Grisham / Road Warrior Animal

Starrcade December 29, 1996
Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Jushin Thunder Liger

Starrcade November 26, 1987 - Scaffold Match
Rock ‘n Roll Express vs. The Midnight Express

Starrcade December 26, 1988 - NWA World Heavyweight Championship
Ric Flair vs. Lex Luger

Starrcade December 27, 1995
Eddie Guerrero vs. Shinjiro Ootani

Starrcade December 26, 1988 - NWA World Tag Team Championship
Dusty Rhodes / Sting vs. Road Warriors

Starrcade December 28, 1992 - King of Cable Tournament Final
Sting vs. Big Van Vader

Starrcade November 24, 1983 - NWA World Tag Team Championship
Brisco Brothers vs. Jay Youngblood / Ricky Steamboat

Starrcade November 28, 1985 - NWA World Heavyweight Championship
Dusty Rhodes vs. Ric Flair

Starrcade December 28, 1997 - WCW Cruiserweight Championship
Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko

Disc 3
Starrcade December 13, 1989 - Iron Man Tag Team Tournament
Road Warriors vs. The Steiner Brothers

Starrcade December 17, 2000 - Ladder Match for a Contract for the World Cruiserweight Championship
3 Count vs. Jamie Knoble & Evan Karagias vs. Jung Dragons

Starrcade December 13, 1989 - Iron Man Singles Tournament
Sting vs. Ric Flair

Starrcade November 24, 1983 - Dog Collar Match
Greg Valentine vs. Roddy Piper

Starrcade November 27, 1986 - Scaffold Match
Road Warriors vs. The Midnight Express
Alternate Commentary: Todd Grisham / Road Warrior Animal

Starrcade December 28, 1997 - WCW World Heavyweight Championship
Sting vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan

Starrcade November 24, 1983 - Steel Cage Match for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship
Ric Flair vs. Harley Race

Starrcade November 28, 1985 - Steel Cage “I Quit Match” for the NWA United States Championship
Magnum T.A. vs. Tully Blanchard

Starrcade December 27, 1993 - WCW World Heavyweight Championship - Ric Flair’s Career Is On the Line
Ric Flair vs. Vader
Old 11-11-08, 10:34 PM

Did anyone buy the TNA PPV 3-Pack at best buy? I picked up a copy and it has an exclusive trading card. I don't know if it's going to be rare like the WWE trading cards that came with RR, etc..

Also does anyone have the UPC for the new Eddie Guerrero Tin and FYE exclusive dvd?
Old 11-11-08, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by throwback

Quick Notes & Warnings:
1st: All Bestbuy Stores carries 90% dented Tin, double check first before purchasing
I noticed that. The first BB I went to actually had nothing but dented tins, so I trooped a couple of train stops to pick up another. It had a couple of minor scratches, but nothing that will keep me up at night.
Old 11-11-08, 10:58 PM

My attention was with the Steelbooks from Bestbuy which were released today.

Thanks Bullgooseloony & Throwback on the warnings!
Old 11-11-08, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Rated_R_Outlaw
In case anyone is wondering, Benoit has been completely edited out of the tribute shows.
DO anyone here agree or disagree about this move that WWE does with its product?
Old 11-11-08, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Aces_High

Shac I'll let you know if I find it. I'm on LI so we're looking at 2-3 daus delivey if you want
That's much appreciated. Thanks for keeping me in mind.
Old 11-11-08, 11:06 PM
Cool New Member

I disagree with it for the fact that they could have Benoit in and just not advertised him, such as they did with the Summerslam anthology set.

I was hoping that would be the case here but now, I am hesitant to try to get the bonus discs because after thinking about it, I have the original airings of the shows on dvd from the night they aired in excellent quality (non-vhs transfer) and already have them in a special custom dvd cover. When I get a chance, I'll post the cover someone made for both shows three-years ago.
Old 11-11-08, 11:13 PM

Crap. My FYE copy didnt have the disc on the back of the set. It's sitting there unopened on my desk and I won't be home for 3 days. I really hope that it's in there. Crosses fingers.
Old 11-11-08, 11:20 PM

Good for you that you were able to get the one with "4 disc" sticker (the sticker alone looks cool), The 2 FYEs near my place didnt get any at all. Only the 3discs.
Old 11-11-08, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by xage
Hey Throwback, was the TIN set of Bestbuy the thickest WWE tin ever released?
The tin is about 2 1/2 inches thick.
Old 11-11-08, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by BrIaNMeRcY
The tin is about 2 1/2 inches thick.
Whoa.. thats thick. Thanks for the info brianmercy..

I guess that set is way too heavy?
Old 11-12-08, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by sliccric2006
Did anyone buy the TNA PPV 3-Pack at best buy? I picked up a copy and it has an exclusive trading card. I don't know if it's going to be rare like the WWE trading cards that came with RR, etc..
I picked it up as well. Has a different cover too. Mine has AJ Styles on it; all the cover art I've seen had Christian Cage on it.
Old 11-12-08, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Finch03
I picked it up as well. Has a different cover too. Mine has AJ Styles on it; all the cover art I've seen had Christian Cage on it.

Got mine today too, and it has Christian Cage on the box cover. The 3 ppv covers are plain with the ppv logos on the front and the match listing on the back. Extremely plain!
Old 11-12-08, 12:49 AM

sg2386, was the Eddie Guerrero Canada's 4 disc the same sticker exclusive as FYE?
Old 11-12-08, 12:55 AM

just got done watching the Eddie dvd and it's a pretty solid release, I noticed the editing out of Benoit a few times but Nancy is there unedited a few times. the Eddie vs Mr. Kennedy match is clipped short, it doesn't have the Kennedy chair shot, it ends with eddie celebrating
Old 11-12-08, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by xage
sg2386, was the Eddie Guerrero Canada's 4 disc the same sticker exclusive as FYE?
I only got the SD one, looks like Best Buy never received the one with RAW disc. I'm going to check couple more Best Buy in the next few days.

The sticker on the cover for the SD disc just says "BONUS DISC - INCLUDES THE SMACKDOWN TRIBUTE TO EDDIE GUERRERO - NOT AVAILABLE ANYWHERE ELSE".

The bonus disc is packaged in a sleeve (like FYE) and was located where the insert was.

Is the RAW bonus disc packaged the same way?? with the disc inside a sleeve located where the insert is??

Last edited by sg2386; 11-12-08 at 01:18 AM.
Old 11-12-08, 02:51 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
I noticed that. The first BB I went to actually had nothing but dented tins, so I trooped a couple of train stops to pick up another. It had a couple of minor scratches, but nothing that will keep me up at night.
Well said man, i've been to a few BB stores but almost all the tins are dented & scratched, grab a decent one w/c is pretty scarce out of the bunch.

Dunno if the China factory who made the tins dented or prolly BB itself.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.