Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I only have the Coliseum Video version
Old 11-05-08, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bigger pictures please.
Old 11-05-08, 10:48 PM

Transworld stores do indeed have a FOUR DISC Eddie Guerrero being released on Tuesday (3 Disc as well). The SMACKDOWN Tribute show is included in a cardboard
slipcase. The front has a picture of Eddie and the back has rundown of the matches
and tributes.
Old 11-05-08, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by dx23
I think i awnsered this in the last thread, but Benoit is out of the tribute. WWE is taking out Benoit of DVD releases like this for abvious reasons.
Wouldn't it be difficult to edit out every single shot of Benoit on tribute show? He was a big part of the opening tribute.

And would they bother to edit out the Benoit scenes and matches on the Cheating Death, Stealing Life DVD as well? That'd be ridiculous
Old 11-05-08, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DiedLaughing
Transworld stores do indeed have a FOUR DISC Eddie Guerrero being released on Tuesday (3 Disc as well). The SMACKDOWN Tribute show is included in a cardboard
slipcase. The front has a picture of Eddie and the back has rundown of the matches
and tributes.
Awesome news. Like i posted yesterday, I was hoping this was going to happen and I'm glad it did.
Old 11-06-08, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It sucks that they'll probably edit Benoit out of the RAW tribute, I found his segment to be the most touching and heartbreaking one of them all. It didn't really hit me how sad this was until I saw Benoit crying.

As for the Transworld bonus disc, I'll call that a victory and a defeat. It would have been nice for both tribute shows to be in the same set, because I'm really not too keen on buying two copies of the same DVD.
Old 11-06-08, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jeeez....they should have done a few different colored covers for the Eddie Guerrero set as well. That way there would be even more variations for the obsessive collectors.
Old 11-06-08, 11:29 AM

Not really a current DVD, but I'm watching the profile on John Cena: My Life, and they really seem short on content. It goes into great detail of his workouts, the spinner belt, 5-knuckle Shuffle, You Can't See Me, and how he loves going to Iraq. Maybe that's still better than showing his ppv matches month-by-month, but it's still boring to be, an admitted Cena hater.
Old 11-06-08, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dave88
I doubt they'll get released.. Wrestling Classic has aired on WWE 24/7 and it's never been released on DVD when even WWE acknowledge it as their VERY 1st PPV.
That's a shame, I didn't start watching (wwf) till 85 or 86(it was a few months before Wrestlemania 2), but i loved watching the tapes from the previous ten years. It seemed in the late 80's they changed their demographic to 6-15 yr old boys. And then after that they went to the t-n-a 18-30 demo. And maybe because its what i cut my teeth on but the mid 70's to mid 80's was my favorite era of wrestling. And they do have a good amount of matches from that era but you just have to find that right individual wrestler's release.
I guess i just have to my wwe indemand and keep buying the classic wrestlers individual dvds.
And for the love of god please will Savage and Mcmahon get over their feud so we can get a good Macho Man dvd(again i'm sure that's been mentioned quite a bit in the numerous threads).
Old 11-06-08, 12:21 PM

still no cover art on the starrcade dvd, the edge dvd had cover art over a month ago, if we get no info on this dvd i bet its been cancelled again which SUCKS
Old 11-06-08, 01:29 PM

Does anybody know what DVD Argos will be offering in the UK free with Smackdown vs RAW 2009? Someone here is knowledgeable about this kind of thing, IIRC.
Old 11-06-08, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by DiedLaughing
and tributes.
Definitely worth the Double Dip!!! WOO HOO
Old 11-06-08, 04:21 PM

Do Transworld Stores include FYE? Will the Eddie Guerrero dvd with the Smackdown Tribute be available online as well? Thanks for info you might have.
Old 11-06-08, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
ROHwrestling.com currently has Viva La Raza and TNA's Kurt Angle: Champion set in-stock and ready to ship. No savings at this point on them though so you're better off waiting.
Old 11-06-08, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
ROHwrestling.com currently has Viva La Raza and TNA's Kurt Angle: Champion set in-stock and ready to ship. No savings at this point on them though so you're better off waiting.
Awesome! thinking of ordering the Angle DVD, its not scheduled to be released in Canada til around beginning of December.

Usually they have savings beginning Friday.

Also here is the match listing for the Angle DVD:

1. Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe...Genesis 2006
2. Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe...Turning Point 2006
3. Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe...30 Min. Iron Man Match- Final Resolution 2007
4. Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles vs. Christian Cage vs. Chris Harris vs. Samoa Joe...TNA World Title King of the Mountain Match- Slammiversary 2007
5. Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe...Winner Take All Match- Hard Justice 2007
6. Kurt Angle vs. Jay Lethal...X-Division Title Match- No Surrender 2007
7. Kurt Angle vs. Sting...TNA World Title Match...Bound For Glory 2007
8. Kurt Angle vs. Sting...TNA World Title Match...Impact 10/28/07
9. Kurt Angle vs. Yuji Nagata...IWGP Title Match- Global Impact
10. Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe...TNA World Title Match- Lockdown 2008
Old 11-06-08, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Amazing...I have the first SEVEN of those matches on DVD already, but that eighth one is a doozy. It'd be cool to have Angle/Sting II. I have no interest in the Global Impact match, and Joe/Angle V is enticing, since Lockdown '08 was too awful to get on its own. Probably not going to pick this one up, after all. TNA should have either waited longer for this release, or tried to include more matches from Impact, like the 30-minute war between Angle, Rhino, & Christian.
Old 11-06-08, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
Amazing...I have the first SEVEN of those matches on DVD already, but that eighth one is a doozy. It'd be cool to have Angle/Sting II. I have no interest in the Global Impact match, and Joe/Angle V is enticing, since Lockdown '08 was too awful to get on its own. Probably not going to pick this one up, after all. TNA should have either waited longer for this release, or tried to include more matches from Impact, like the 30-minute war between Angle, Rhino, & Christian.
I read somewhere that TNA has released 2 different versions of the Christian Cage DVD and one of them has the Angle/Rhino/Christian match which the other one doesn't. When it was released for the first time, they advertised 7 matches and after a while TNAshop added it again and this time had 8 matches listed (Angle/Christian/Rhino being the 8th).

Pretty wierd.
Old 11-07-08, 05:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by sg2386
Awesome! thinking of ordering the Angle DVD, its not scheduled to be released in Canada til around beginning of December.

Usually they have savings beginning Friday.
You are correct. However, for some reason, they started the newest sale on Thursday this week. It's a Buy 3 Get 1 Free on ROH dvds only.
Old 11-07-08, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by PaulNJ21
November 15th!
Where have you seen this info? I pre-ordered one in September and I keep checking the website but I can't find any info about a release date. Thanks.
Old 11-07-08, 11:00 AM

I've just found out that the DVD being offered free with Smackdown vs RAW 2009 in Argos in the UK is 'Shawn Michaels: Boyhood Dream'.
Old 11-07-08, 01:33 PM

Deep Discount has 25% off all DVD's and BD's for the next 2 weeks! You can get the SummerSlam set for $112.50!
Old 11-07-08, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks Thoma, I had forgotten they had WWE DVDs And I still really want that Summerslam set.
Old 11-07-08, 02:31 PM

Was just at FYE and they had the Viva La Raza DVD on the shelf already for $34.99 but I could not find any mention of the SmackDown Tribute Show. I asked one of the employees and they weren't aware of a special edition.
Old 11-07-08, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Cactus Jack
I've just found out that the DVD being offered free with Smackdown vs RAW 2009 in Argos in the UK is 'Shawn Michaels: Boyhood Dream'.
I picked it up from Argos with the PSP version of Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 for £19.99. It's not in a plastic DVD case though, it's in a cardboard sleeve.

I also picked up the Limited Edition Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 for the PS3 from Game for £44.99 with the special ring packaging and bonus WWE Blu Ray. My HMV Exlusive for the XBOX 360 with the DX Vs The Mcmahons DVD didn't arrive in the post on time, so I should get that one either Saturday or Monday.
Old 11-07-08, 03:41 PM

According to KOCHCAN.com WWE are releasing The Best of Saturday Night's Main Event (2 Disc) on Feb 10.

SNME 2 Discs, Kane 3 Discs? What’s that about?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.