Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume VIII

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-08, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WWEshop has Survivor Series 2008 up and the cover is the one from Amazon with Cena holding the World Title. Kind of surprised they put the result of the world title match on the front cover of the DVD.

Also according to KOCH, the Best of Saturday Nights Main Event DVD will be 3 disc.

Last edited by sg2386; 12-04-08 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-05-08, 09:30 AM

I'm having trouble accessing page 15 of this thread.
Old 12-05-08, 09:57 AM

Hi Paul, the problem with page 15 before you posted was that no one posted since page 14 was full. Although you see page 15 look at the post count. When you see something like 351 to 351 that means no one has posted on page 15 and you will redirected back to page 14 or whatever page you were last on. I hope this helps clarify things for you.

Last edited by raj905; 12-05-08 at 09:57 AM. Reason: missed a word
Old 12-05-08, 11:09 AM

Does anyone know if the Big Vision Entertainment Best of Dragon Gate Volume 1 will be carried by any other retailers than through Big Vision directly?
Old 12-05-08, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PaulNJ21
Does anyone know if the Big Vision Entertainment Best of Dragon Gate Volume 1 will be carried by any other retailers than through Big Vision directly?
I know the shop on ROHwrestling.com had it, but I haven't seen any other retailers stock it yet. I have been wanting to pick it up myself.
Old 12-05-08, 10:19 PM

I happily completed my TNA DVD collection, picking up Best of 2007, Scars & Stitches, Sacrifice 08 & Slammiversary 08. Actually, scratch that...I don't have Knocked Out (Neither version).

I have every single PPV, Best Of's, and History dvds.

And for the record,I too was PISSED to see Global Impact show up at BB, putting it on sale for $5.99 was like a kick in the teeth considering I paid full freight at their website
Old 12-06-08, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

according to Silvervision, the extras for Survivor Series are:

Extras
• The Great Khali with Ranjin talk with Shawn Michaels about their Survivor Series win

• Extreme Rules Match
Undertaker vs. Jeff Hardy
SmackDown November 14, 2008

glad they included the extreme rules match, was a great match but i wish they put the Last Man Standing with HBK vs. Jericho from RAW. Still great to have a match included as an extra.
Old 12-06-08, 06:46 AM
Cool New Member

Hello,

A friend of mine in the US has been kind enough to be on the lookout for the Booker T and AJ Styles Cross The Line DVDs (Booker at Fye, AJ at Best Buy). I am just wondering if anyone has seen them recently? It seems like they're getting harder to find (especially in great shape for a collector like myself) and it also seems like ordering from Fye.com or BestBuy.com sends the Christian cover, and not the AJ (Best Buy) or Booker T (Fye).

I stopped by the only Best Buy in Nova Scotia (no Fye's in Canada) and they had one of the AJ DVD. It was bent up so I passed on it as I'm silly when it comes to the condition of them. I have every TNA DVD (including variants that aren't commonly known) and am really trying to finalize my set with these 2. Just wondering if any of you other collectors had success finding them (and in great shape).

Cheers

Cheers
Old 12-06-08, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sg2386
according to Silvervision, the extras for Survivor Series are:

Extras
• The Great Khali with Ranjin talk with Shawn Michaels about their Survivor Series win

• Extreme Rules Match
Undertaker vs. Jeff Hardy
SmackDown November 14, 2008

glad they included the extreme rules match, was a great match but i wish they put the Last Man Standing with HBK vs. Jericho from RAW. Still great to have a match included as an extra.
Complete agreed. That would have been extra icing, but it is very nice to see WWE including TV matches on their PPV DVDs again.
Old 12-06-08, 09:26 AM

I saw 3 copies of the AJ Styles cover cross the line 3-pack yesterday. It was in Everett, MA
Old 12-06-08, 10:07 PM

WWE cheaped out the KANE 3 disc set in stores on Tuesday. The package is ultra thin and all the DVDs are housed in cardboard inserts kinda like the Summerslam Boxset. Very easy to scratch up removing and putting them back.

Hopefully they won't do this with the Edge or Starrcade DVDs.
Old 12-06-08, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by DiedLaughing
WWE cheaped out the KANE 3 disc set in stores on Tuesday. The package is ultra thin and all the DVDs are housed in cardboard inserts kinda like the Summerslam Boxset. Very easy to scratch up removing and putting them back.

Yeah I saw this out early at FYE today, It is just Like the McMahon dvd Set
Old 12-06-08, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damn!! hoping they wouldn't do that again.
Old 12-07-08, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wasn't really planning on buying this anymore, but now it's kind of confirmed.
Old 12-07-08, 06:43 PM

I guess they think of much as a Kane set as I do. Unfortunately I have to purchase it to keep my collection going. I think this is the biggest waste of a set they have ever come out with. Lets just how they don't release Undertaker DVD #365 anytime soon.
Old 12-07-08, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by ThomaMon
I think this is the biggest waste of a set they have ever come out with.
That's not true...there were the Colosseum re-releases, most of the Diva DVDs and Undertaker 15-0.

I wish this had a total kayfabe documentary of Kane's life and career and then had the matches and extras.
Old 12-07-08, 08:43 PM

if anyone deserves a 2nd dvd i think taker and bret are the top 2

they both had lots of great matches and careers if shawn and eddie can get 2 dvds they can to

maybe if taker retires soon they can release all the matches they forgot on the tombstone dvd plus his new classics

3 dvds i would like to see ASAP
-macho man dvd
-best of wcw(story,matches from both nitro and ppv, mostly 96-98 stuff)
-bret hart part 2
Old 12-07-08, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
if anyone deserves a 2nd dvd i think taker and bret are the top 2

they both had lots of great matches and careers if shawn and eddie can get 2 dvds they can to

maybe if taker retires soon they can release all the matches they forgot on the tombstone dvd plus his new classics

3 dvds i would like to see ASAP
-macho man dvd
-best of wcw(story,matches from both nitro and ppv, mostly 96-98 stuff)
-bret hart part 2
I could see them releasing a 2nd Bret Hart and Taker DVD.

Theres probably no chance WWE will release a Savage DVD as long as Vince is running the company. Vince despises Savage, and i think for a good reason. In Bret Hart's book theres a passage that says Savage looked like he was very loyal to Vince backstage but in 1994 he called Vince around 4am, drunk and told him he signed a contract to WCW without a given notice and without Vince even giving him a counter offer; completely stabbed Vince in the back and left when WWE needed star power. Bret then said to Vince that he will stay loyal to him while Vince was in tears over the situation.

Savage won't be endorsed by WWE anytime soon, they can include him in matches or leave him in the Anthology relases, but i don't think they will ever release a dvd based on the career of Savage, unless its like the Warrior where they spent 90 minutes bashing him.

Last edited by sg2386; 12-07-08 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-07-08, 09:41 PM

hogan left, flair left, all the big names left, hogan has had lots of up and downs with vince, but still released stuff on him
vince and bret after the screwjob all all things got together and did brets dvd

if vince still holds a grudge over macho man not leaving on the best of terms(as did hogan) after all these years then he really needs to get over it, in fact he should of years ago

the guys is rich, king of wrestling, bought wcw, and he still holds on to something small like that, it really is pathetic, thats a FACT

and if he doesnt want to contact him cause of his short temper they can still put his best matches and moments on a dvd

tons of wrestling fans want the dvd, more than any other so if vince gives a dam about his fans like he always says he would release it
Old 12-08-08, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by DerangedHermit
That's not true...there were the Colosseum re-releases, most of the Diva DVDs and Undertaker 15-0.

I wish this had a total kayfabe documentary of Kane's life and career and then had the matches and extras.
Kane hosts the entire set totally in character... its very very silly but fun to watch.
Old 12-08-08, 12:24 PM

greatest wwe dvd yet...

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/produc...D-3-Discs.html
Old 12-08-08, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Man, I can't wait for that SNME set.
Old 12-08-08, 03:23 PM

Kane hosts the entire set totally in character... its very very silly but fun to watch.
I know but I wish it was a two hour documentary where they're keeping in kayfabe so much that it's tongue-in-cheek, not a bunch of skits.
Old 12-08-08, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
Man, I can't wait for that SNME set.
That looks like a hell of a dvd set. Can't wait.
Old 12-08-08, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts
First Ever Match on SNME
Ricky Steamboat & The US Express vs. The Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff & George “The Animal” Steele
Saturday Night’s Main Event - May 11, 1985.

Who were the US Express? I don't remember any tag-team by that name.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.