Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Hulk vs Wolverine -Animated ---> January 2009

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-08, 04:15 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hulk vs Wolverine -Animated ---> January 2009

I saw this trailer on Youtube about an upcoming Hulk vs Wolverine straight to dvd animated feature. It's supposed to be released by Lionsgate in January 2009. From the clip, it looks decent, although I have low expectations for it, since almost all those straight to dvd films have sucked real bad, especially the last kid Avengers one.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKo049b9Clk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKo049b9Clk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 10-26-08, 05:48 PM

Wasn't Wolverine's first appearance in a Hulk comic? Maybe it's going to be like that...
Old 10-26-08, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The trailer makes it look like it is a straight up fight between The Incredible Hulk and Wolverine, but in the comic I believe he wasn't necessarily trying to defeat The Hulk, but just stop a fight that was taking place between the Hulk and the other guy on the cover.
Old 10-26-08, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by dx23
I saw this trailer on Youtube about an upcoming Hulk vs Wolverine straight to dvd animated feature. It's supposed to be released by Lionsgate in January 2009. From the clip, it looks decent, although I have low expectations for it, since almost all those straight to dvd films have sucked real bad, especially the last kid Avengers one.

I own all the Marvel animated features and really enjoyed the Next Avengers. The films (thus far) have gotten better with each release. The two Ultimate Avengers titles were downright lousy and Iron Man was just as bad. Dr. Strange was pretty damn good until the rushed ending. Tho Next Avengers gets too long toward the end (and it's never-ending battle), overall it's a decent effort.

I'm looking forward to Hulk Vs.Thor more than the Wolverine one.
Old 10-26-08, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks neat, ill buy it used someday like i did with all the other marvel animated dvd movies
Old 10-26-08, 09:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The Valeyard
I own all the Marvel animated features and really enjoyed the Next Avengers. The films (thus far) have gotten better with each release. The two Ultimate Avengers titles were downright lousy and Iron Man was just as bad. Dr. Strange was pretty damn good until the rushed ending. Tho Next Avengers gets too long toward the end (and it's never-ending battle), overall it's a decent effort.

I'm looking forward to Hulk Vs.Thor more than the Wolverine one.
Well...its sounds like I will probably like it then since I really enjoyed Iron Man and thought the Ultimate Avengers two were decent enough. I haven't watched Dr. Strange yet.
Old 10-27-08, 05:38 AM
TRC

Actually Hulk Vs. is the name of the DVD being released early next year. Hulk vs. Wolverine is only one segment of it. Hulk vs. Thor is another.
Old 10-27-08, 08:08 AM

nice looks good
Old 10-27-08, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hulk Vs. Thor Trailer:

<embed src="http://services.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f8/271543564" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1873026552&playerId=271543564&viewerSecureGatewayURL=https://console.brightcove.com/services/amfgateway&servicesURL=http://services.brightcove.com/services&cdnURL=http://admin.brightcove.com&domain=embed&autoStart=false&" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed>
Old 11-05-08, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

cover art and specs:
http://www.marvel.com/news/moviestor...~apos~_Box_Art

Last edited by fryinpan1; 11-05-08 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-05-08, 09:18 PM

Too bad it's not Ultimate Hulk VS Wolverine . . . maybe we could finally find out what happens in the comic series that was never completed.
Old 11-05-08, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MBoyd
Too bad it's not Ultimate Hulk VS Wolverine . . . maybe we could finally find out what happens in the comic series that was never completed.

Old 11-07-08, 08:25 AM
Banned

According to blu-ray.com, the double features in coming on Bd also:

Hulk Versus Double Feature Coming to Blu-ray
Posted November 6, 2008 02:26 PM by Josh Dreuth

Lionsgate Home Entertainment has announced the technical specs and supplements for the upcoming Blu-ray release of the 'Hulk Versus' double feature, which is due to hit store shelves on January 27th. The disc, which includes both 'Hulk vs. Thor' and 'Hulk vs. Wolverine' animated features, will be presented in 1.78:1, 1080p video accompanied by a DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack.

The only announced extras so far are multiple commentaries and featurettes, as well as a trailer gallery.
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2026
Old 11-07-08, 08:51 AM
Banned

Special features according to Marvel.com:

"Hulk Vs" will be available from Lionsgate on DVD, Special Edition DVD and Blu-ray Disc on January 27, 2009 for the suggested retail prices of $19.98, $24.98 and $29.99, respectively.

SPECIAL EDITION DVD AND BLU-RAY BONUS FEATURES: *
"Hulk Vs. Wolverine"
• Audio Commentary by Supervising Producer/co-writer Craig Kyle and co-writer Chris Yost
• Audio Commentary by Supervising Director Frank Paur and Storyboard Artists Kevin Altieri and
Butch Lukic
• "This is Gonna Hurt: The Making of Hulk Vs Wolverine" featurette
• "Fan Frenzy: Hulk Vs Wolverine at the 2008 San Diego Comic-Con" featurette
• "First Look – Wolverine and the X-Men" featurette
• Trailer Gallery

"Hulk Vs. Thor"
• Audio Commentary by Supervising Producer/co-writer Craig Kyle and co-writer Chris Yost
• Audio Commentary by Supervising Director Frank Paur, Animation Director Sam Liu and
Color Key Design James Peters
• "Of Gods and Monsters: The Making of Hulk Vs Thor" featurette
• "Jack Kirby and Thor" (original Thor comic illustrator) featurette
• "First Look – Thor Tales of Asgard" featurette
• Trailer Gallery
*special features subject to change. Blu-ray special features in hi-def
Old 11-07-08, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts
Double feature on Blu-Ray = sold!
Old 11-07-08, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sold! looks amazing
Old 11-16-08, 02:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MBoyd

Did you read Ultimate X-men #97? Wolverine tells Colossus about how Hulk once ripped him in half. "The Hulk tore me in half once. You shoulda seen what I did to him. It was epic."

BTW, I actually use the artwork of Hulk ripping Wolverine in half as my desktop wallpaper.

Old 11-16-08, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by taffer
Did you read Ultimate X-men #97? Wolverine tells Colossus about how Hulk once ripped him in half. "The Hulk tore me in half once. You shoulda seen what I did to him. It was epic."

BTW, I actually use the artwork of Hulk ripping Wolverine in half as my desktop wallpaper.

No I sort of gave up the Ultimate Universe gradually after the Hulk Vs Wolverine issues never shipped. It's a shame. I REALLY liked the artwork. Good choice on the wallpaper.

But not to get so far off topic. Both of these will be buys for me on Blu Ray. Never got Next Avengers or Dr Stange and I was pretty underwhelmed with Iron Man.

I suppose the Thor featured in this will not be the Thor in the new cartoon series?

That's what's sort of puzzling to me. It seems like it would be a lot easier to do a shared universe in the animated realm than the feature film realm. NOT that I'm complaining about what we are getting in 2011!
Old 11-16-08, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by taffer
That was a great, not-so-subtle jab at the missing second half of Ultimate Hulk Vs. Wolverine.
Old 11-16-08, 01:26 PM

i heard that these features' running time adds up to 1 hr and 20 mins TOTAL. that seems really short and if so really expensive on the blu-ray side.
Old 01-07-09, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Hulk vs Wolverine -Animated ---> January 2009

It's cool that this feature is actually a prequel to the Wolverine and the X-Men Episode 7 Hulk Vs. Wolverine for anyone that has watched that episode yet...
Old 01-19-09, 07:48 PM
Banned

Any reviews for this?
Old 01-19-09, 11:14 PM

I thought it was outstanding. Both stories.

Gorgeous animation, great character designs. The Wolverine one pushed the rating a lot more than I thought it would. By far my favorite animated Marvel anything (series or movie) to this point.
Old 01-19-09, 11:42 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

are the special features any good on the two disc?
Old 01-26-09, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dx23
Any reviews for this?
Definitely getting this tomorrow. Blu-ray review:
http://bluray.ign.com/articles/946/946542p1.html

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.