DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Anyone looking forward to seeing the new "Sleepaway" Movie (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/542037-anyone-looking-forward-seeing-new-sleepaway-movie.html)

american-pie92 10-20-08 07:53 PM

Anyone looking forward to seeing the new "Sleepaway" Movie

I know it's probabily going to suck and all like most of those movie sequels released 20 years later (Lost Boy 2, Bachelor Party 2, etc) but it's been years since I've watched the original and from what I can remember I really liked it so I really can't wait to see it.

All to be honest I did like Lost Boys 2. It had bad acting and story and all but it was a really fast paced cheesy gory and fun movie. Hope this one is something like it.

Last Movies Seen:
DVD:
The Happening: 6/10
The Strangers: 9/10
Theater:
Max Payne: 8/10
Eagle Eye: 8/10

EdTheRipper 10-20-08 08:37 PM

I've heard nothing but bad things about it. I'll still give it a rent but I'm not expecting much.

riotinmyskull 10-20-08 08:38 PM

i hope you like hearing teenagers yell, cuss and say the phrase "your ass stinks" because thats really all this movie is.

american-pie92 10-20-08 08:50 PM

wow sounds really crap. Too bad. Doubt it will ever be as bad as the april fools remake, god that sucked

asianxcore 10-20-08 09:22 PM

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/53...0-14-08-a.html

Torchur317 10-20-08 10:12 PM

I've been waiting for this movie since it was first announced....
So it's been about 3 or 4 years I think but I haven't see one good review yet....
Which really makes me paranoid but I might still blind buy it....

NoirFan 10-21-08 12:22 AM

If you gave Max Payne 8/10, you'll probably love it.

Rockmjd23 10-21-08 12:29 AM

I was looking forward to it until I saw the trailer.

american-pie92 10-21-08 01:12 PM

Hey Max Payne wasn't a bad movie. I guess you really haven't seen any of Uwe Bolls work. God that guy couldn't make a movie to save his life!

Gizmo 10-21-08 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23 (Post 9018005)
I was looking forward to it until I saw the trailer.

Same. I have a copy already that I'll be watching this weekend.

The Monkees 10-21-08 09:55 PM

It really is horrible. I would avoid it at all costs.

L Chabert Lover 10-22-08 07:45 AM

I never had much faith in it anyway. I don't think the 1983 original is as great a film as so many people make it out to be. The acting was amateurish, the characters were weird (Aunt Martha?), and the music sucked. Now, I really love the two 1988 sequels that Michael Simpson directed, Sleepaway Camp 2: Unhappy Campers and Sleepaway Camp 3: Teenage Wasteland. Those were a blast of fun with some wonderful actors, likeable and funny characters, lots of gore, lots of tits, a kick-ass soundtrack, and the highly-talented Pam Springsteen as Angela.

When I heard that Return to Sleepaway Camp was ignoring the two 1988 sequels and picking up after the 1983 original, I lost all interest.

The Monkees 10-22-08 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by L Chabert Lover (Post 9020814)
I never had much faith in it anyway. I don't think the 1983 original is as great a film as so many people make it out to be. The acting was amateurish, the characters were weird (Aunt Martha?), and the music sucked. Now, I really love the two 1988 sequels that Michael Simpson directed, Sleepaway Camp 2: Unhappy Campers and Sleepaway Camp 3: Teenage Wasteland. Those were a blast of fun with some wonderful actors, likeable and funny characters, lots of gore, lots of tits, a kick-ass soundtrack, and the highly-talented Pam Springsteen as Angela.

When I heard that Return to Sleepaway Camp was ignoring the two 1988 sequels and picking up after the 1983 original, I lost all interest.

Wow! Really?? I love all 3 movies but I think the last 2 (especially part 3) are the worst (not counting the newest one), the character of Aunt Martha in part 1 is supposed to be weird I mean, after all,
Spoiler:
she did turn a boy into a girl
. I think the acting in part 1 is way better than parts 2 and 3. Parts 2 and 3 are just so over the top. It's all in good fun, but part 1 is the better installment.

Gizmo 10-24-08 04:50 PM

Holy crap...please tell me this movie is a joke.

Im 5 minutes into it and so far and I have seen kids light farts, some fat kid crying, Issac Hayes literally dressed like Chef from South Park, a reference to The Sopranos...

I really think this is a joke. literally.

monkey42 10-24-08 08:31 PM

Terrible movie.