Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

31 Films in 31 Days - Horror Challenge Subset

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-08, 09:54 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Holy crap.

Last edited by Trevor; 11-14-08 at 07:35 AM.
Old 11-13-08, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts
That is awesome. I might have to get that.

Now THIS is just creepy:

I might have to get that too.
Old 11-14-08, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts
I've got an Exorcist Barbie

Old 11-15-08, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts
That is cool. Did you buy that or make it?
Old 11-15-08, 01:11 AM

Made it maybe 15 years ago.
Old 11-15-08, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I get this creepy vibe that it is on your nightstand and when you wake up every morning you say "Hello" to Regan.

Impressive, nonetheless!
Old 11-15-08, 06:17 AM

Just as long as she doesn't talk back. I couldn't sleep if any of these "dolls" were anywhere in my house. Even if encased in concrete in a locked chest in the basement.
Old 11-15-08, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trevor
Just as long as she doesn't talk back. I couldn't sleep if any of these "dolls" were anywhere in my house. Even if encased in concrete in a locked chest in the basement.
I have a lot of horror memorabilia around my house, like I have a replica of the severed head from the beginning of High Tension and I have a replica of one of Fulci's zombies crawling out of a grave, but they're not in my bedroom because I couldn't sleep with them around me. :-p
Old 11-15-08, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by edwardnortonfan
I have a lot of horror memorabilia around my house, like I have a replica of the severed head from the beginning of High Tension and I have a replica of one of Fulci's zombies crawling out of a grave, but they're not in my bedroom because I couldn't sleep with them around me. :-p
I so wish I had more space. I would love to display some cool collectibles and the like, but am such a pack rat that my place is just bookcases, and piles, and boxes full of books/DVDs/etc.

Every now and then I make progress, but I can't seem to stop buying.....
Old 11-15-08, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by caligulathegod
I've got an Exorcist Barbie

I love this, did you make the nightgown or did you find a place to buy it? When I was a kid I used to make Jason hockey masks and Freddy masks with play doh and cover my Ken dolls' faces with them and then have them go on killing sprees slaughtering my barbies.
Old 11-15-08, 03:43 PM

By sheer luck, they were selling Barbie blue nightgowns that year, so I bought 4 or 5 with the intention of doing several (I may still have them around). I hadn't done art since high school, so I had to buy everything from paint to brushes. I ended up with almost $70 in this one alone, since they were sold out of colors I needed unless I bought larger tubes, etc. It would have been cheaper once I did several but I never got around to doing more. The laserdisc had side 3 with the Exorcism scene in CAV, so I was able to freeze frame a closeup of her face to get the details right. She even had the holy water scars on her legs and "help me" on her stomach.

I had intended to sell them on Ebay, but they kept pulling other auctions at the bequest of Mattel. I can't remember the exact year, but I believe it was the year they changed Barbie's face, so I had to hunt to find an original face Barbie, so it was sometime at least 10 years ago.

Anyway, I'm glad I kept her. She goes well with my Morticia and Gomez Ken and Barbie and my multiple Brides of Frankenstein. She's also with my vintage 1964 Jim Beam "I Dream of Jeannie" bottle.
Old 11-21-08, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm never going to let this thread die...

While I was looking for shows for the Holiday Movie Challenge, I came across a show called "Ace of Cakes" on Food Network. It looks to be some sort of reality cake making show. Anyways, the episode on Thursday, Nov. 27th is titled "The Spy Who Caked Me" and here is the synopsis:

Duff and his team are asked to make a cake for Sir Roger Moore's 80th birthday; a recreation of the bedroom scene from "The Exorcist."

It's on at 9:00 Central, and I'm sure they will re-run it multiple times after that.
Old 11-21-08, 07:10 PM

The Exorcist cake.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CGJuIX21asg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CGJuIX21asg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by caligulathegod; 11-21-08 at 07:15 PM.
Old 11-22-08, 06:22 AM

Sweet. Pun not intended.
Old 11-22-08, 09:33 AM

I'm definitely going to comment more if we do this subset next year. I'm looking back over the discussion and sad I didn't participate more (plus I have all those movies I got just for this purpose, even The Shining!) Also, I don't get to pick a movie next year so the subset will be 68% less gay. It's too bad too, because my movie would have been "Hush Hush, Sweet Charlotte" which is a movie I was looking forward to making everyone watch. I need to dig it up myself. I love that movie.
Old 11-22-08, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by caligulathegod
The Exorcist cake.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CGJuIX21asg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CGJuIX21asg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
I want that cake for my birthday. And I want one of those Exorcist Barbies as a present. :-p