Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Sleeping Beauty Platinum Edition DVD vs Special Edition

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Sleeping Beauty Platinum Edition DVD vs Special Edition

Old 10-10-08, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Love that they give you the DVD as well. Studios should have started doing that from the start.
Old 10-14-08, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remind me next time not to buy anything Disney that's NOT a Platinum Edition. I remember the documentary about how the 2003 DVD was an enhancement over the theatrical. I guess they can keep improving and improving it. I suppose the Golden Edition will be in a 3.00:1 super duper widescreen format and reanimated in 3-D. :P

No, I'm not bitter...
Old 03-23-09, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 714 Likes on 584 Posts
Re: Sleeping Beauty Platinum Edition DVD vs Special Edition

If Blu-Rays pick up more steam is it possible the Blu Ray version might have collectible value in the future where people will pay $60 or more for it?

I know most Disney DVDs are overproduced but maybe blu-ray dvds have less circulation?
Old 03-24-09, 08:45 AM
Cool New Member

I hate how Disney restores his hand-drawn animation movies,
but I can't believe I've really enjoyed this one.

I loved the idea of the dvd being included, of the original aspect ratio, and the colors being very strong. If only the sceen of capturing the prince was a little darker.

It was a very good start for Blu-Ray. I own it of course . Though I don't have equipment to play it yet .
Old 03-24-09, 08:48 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by jarofclay73
Remind me next time not to buy anything Disney that's NOT a Platinum Edition. I remember the documentary about how the 2003 DVD was an enhancement over the theatrical. I guess they can keep improving and improving it. I suppose the Golden Edition will be in a 3.00:1 super duper widescreen format and reanimated in 3-D. :P

No, I'm not bitter...

Well, the 2.55:1 ratio is maximum, as far as I know, and I am a bit afraid of what GOLDEN or DIAMOND edition could mean. I would rather see some filmlike look of the next cartoons.
But I've heard that Beauty And The Beast is being prepared to be presented in 3d, and I like the idea as long as they include the original 1991 movie too...
Old 03-24-09, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Critter
Well, the 2.55:1 ratio is maximum, as far as I know, and I am a bit afraid of what GOLDEN or DIAMOND edition could mean. I would rather see some filmlike look of the next cartoons.
But I've heard that Beauty And The Beast is being prepared to be presented in 3d, and I like the idea as long as they include the original 1991 movie too...
Didn't they start on a 3D transfer of this (Beauty) years ago? Back when they did Nightmare in 3D?