Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IMAX Ultimate Collection ----> 1/6/2009

From dvdactive.com:

Title: IMAX Ultimate Collection
Starring: N/A (Various)
Released: 6th January 2009
SRP: $108.92

Further Details:
Warner Home Video has announced IMAX Ultimate Collection for the 6th January. Retail will be $108.92. The 20-disc set will include Space Station, Mission to Mir, Blue Planet, Destiny in Space, Cosmic Voyage, L5: First City in Space, The Dream is Alive, Hail Columbia!, Deep Sea, Into the Deep, Galapagos, Survival Island, Hidden Dimension, Secret of Life on Earth, China: The Panda Adventure, Mountain Gorilla, Nascar: The IMAX Experience, Mark Twain's America, Fires of Kuwait, and T-Rex: Back to the Cretaceous
Packaging and cover art here:
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...ollection.html

I wonder why doesn't Warner release this set on Blu Ray. IMAX features should look incredible on BD.
Old 09-12-08, 02:43 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Given that Warner's seems to have only to included lossless audio on The Dream is Alive, Blue Planet bluray's, and not on some other IMAX bluray's 'Sea Monsters' I doubt we'll see any future blurays with lossless - damn you Warners. I can't wait for Image's IMAX bluray's that I've heard will have DTS-MA (rumoured)
Old 09-12-08, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I saw a bunch of theme sets on Warners' site coming up in the next month or two as well. The Space one looked interesting, with a price of 39.99 for the 8 disc set. I didn't see these listed anywhere else though.

Most of them are only like 40 minutes right? So an 8 disc set probably only has about 3-4 discs worth of content I suppose. Even then the price seems good.
Old 09-12-08, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just can't get into watching movies shot in IMAX 3D on a small screen in flat form. It's just not the same.
Old 09-13-08, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The other collections are due out 11/04, priced at 39.95 at the Warner Brothers store, while the Ultimate collection above is price at 79.95:

Into the Wild

Episode(s):
Disc 1:
Deep Sea
Disc 2:
Into the Deep
Disc 3:
Survival Island
Disc 4:
Galapagos
Disc 5:
Hidden Dimension
Disc 6:
Secret of Life on Earth
Disc 7:
China: The Panda Adventure
Disc 8:
Mountain Gorilla
Synopsis:
Eight IMAX nature titles now in one new collection! This comprehensive set contains such best-selling titles as Deep Sea (narrated by Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet) and Survival Island, along with other popular IMAX titles such as Into the Deep, Galapagos, and Secret of Life on Earth. Swim alongside some of the most exotic creatures of the planet. Witness the largest concentration of animals anywhere on Earth during the spring and summer months in Antarctica. Embark on an astonishing expedition to the Galapagos islands, a world that is still relatively new and evolving. Witness a mantis disguised as a flower petal lure its prey to doom. And much, much more!
Journeys Into Space:
Episode(s):
Disc 1:
Space Station
Disc 2:
Mission to Mir
Disc 3:
Blue Planet
Disc 4:
Destiny in Space
Disc 5:
Cosmic Voyage
Disc 6:
L-5: First City in Space
Disc 7:
The Dream is Alive
Disc 8:
Hail Columbia!
Synopsis:
Eight IMAX space titles now in one new collection! The top-selling Space Station (narrated by Tom Cruise) and Blue Planet, along with other popular IMAX titles such as Cosmic Voyage, The Dream is Alive, and Destiny in Space (narrated by Leonard Nimoy). Suit up for a trip aboard the International Space Station, orbiting at 220 miles above the Earth's surface. Venture on a journey through our universe using ground-breaking computer animation and cutting edge science to see first-hand the sights that were once unimaginable. See the Earth as only few people have ever seen it: from space. Take a glimpse of the future and see the very first city in space. Journey behind the scenes for thethrilling maiden voyage of the world's first space shuttle. And much, much more!
Both are listed as coming in Super Slim Packs. Looks like with the Ultimate set, you basically get these 4 additional titles for free:

NASCAR: The IMAX Experience
Mark Twain's America
Fires of Kuwait
T-Rex: Back to the Cretaceous
Old 09-13-08, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts
I'm still waiting for that NSYNC 3-D IMAX movie to come out on DVD.