Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

WALL-E: 3-Disc Special Edition!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-08, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I wouldn't have a problem with doing this if it wasn't for the fact that the slots can really damage the disc. I got There Will Be Blood right before I had a Blu-Ray player and the packaging is gorgeous but it is hard as hell to get the discs out without scuffing them.
Old 11-13-08, 03:18 PM
crs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My discs had no scratches (luckily perhaps)... but the packaging sticks lots of paper dust or whatever you can call it, to the discs. And I don't want that crap in my DVD player, clogs up the lense in the long run
Old 11-18-08, 09:12 PM
Cool New Member

Did anyone that picked up the 3-disc Special Edition today have any problems with the packaging or the discs being scractched? I'm tempted to pick this up but the paper packaging has me a bit worried that the discs will hold up over the long run.
Old 11-18-08, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
is the 1 disc in a normal keepcase or is it also paper?
Old 11-18-08, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I purchased the 1-Disc and the 3-Disc. Both have the same paper slot packaging. My 3-Disc was scratched; I tried to watch it and it kept skipping. Haven't tried the 1-Disc yet. Gonna have to exchange it; big pain when all they had to do was put a hub on it and keep it from sliding around. Very disappointed. F-
Old 11-18-08, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Wedge003
Did anyone that picked up the 3-disc Special Edition today have any problems with the packaging or the discs being scractched? I'm tempted to pick this up but the paper packaging has me a bit worried that the discs will hold up over the long run.
My 3 disc was perfect. No scratches at all. of course it went straight into a custom keep case when i got home.
Old 11-19-08, 01:28 AM

I got the 3 disc yesterday at Wal-Mart for 38 bucks which includes tax but it was well worth it. A little bit too pricey yes but I already figured 27 anyway so 11 bucks more wasn't much anyway. I am very happy with it and I LOVE the packaging...so unique and cool! No scratches on the disc or anything! I watched it 2 times already and both times it played just fine without any problems.

Last edited by hotsexyboi; 11-19-08 at 01:44 AM.
Old 11-19-08, 01:42 AM

Any pictures of the 1 disc packaging? Just wondering how it opens, etc...
Old 11-19-08, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by hotsexyboi
I got the 3 disc yesterday at Wal-Mart for 38 bucks which includes tax but it was well worth it. A little bit too pricey yes but I already figured 27 anyway so 11 bucks more wasn't much anyway. I am very happy with it and I LOVE the packaging...so unique and cool! No scratches on the disc or anything! I watched it 2 times already and both times it played just fine without any problems.
Are you serious? It cost 38 buys for the SD 3 disc, or do you mean the Blu-Ray 3-disc?
Old 11-19-08, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't know why people are paying such high prices for this movie? You can certainly get it cheaper. Wal-Mart has the 3-Disc DVD for $22.86, online. I went into Best Buy, asked them if they would price match Wal-Mart, the lady said yes, asked me the price, and that's what I paid! So, $22.86 plus tax for the 3-Disc DVD of WALL-E, out the door. For some odd reason, they had only received 8 copies of the 3-Disc DVD. I also ended up pre-ordering The Dark Knight for a $5.00 deposit, and got a free poster with Batman on the Batpod. I decided to finally pick up Night At The Museum (Widescreen) for $6.99. Not a bad haul, if I do say so myself!
Old 11-19-08, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For anyone that wonders, the 1-Disc opens exactly like the 3-Disc. Just does it on one side instead of two.
Old 11-19-08, 04:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SD 3-disc in stores prices:

Walmart $34.86
Best Buy, Target, Circuit City $29.99 and this isn't even a sale price.

Even Amazon is $22.95
Deep Discount is $25.76, better price with the 25% off, but they're sold out and you will be billed when they get more in.

But still, Walmart's price is crazy. I called 3 stores and that is the price. Walmart online is $22.86.
Old 11-19-08, 05:36 AM

Do you need to have a print out of the Walmart online price for Best Buy to price match? And will they price match online prices?
Old 11-19-08, 06:33 AM
Suspended

I got the SD 3-disc edition last night. The paper packaging is really shitty, fugly and flimsy and it was assembled wrong, with one of the "wings" (containing Disc 1) coming out upside down from the left side and having to be reassembled for it to hold together. It's definitely the kind of gadget Wall-E himself would throw in the reject pile.

But the film is one of the greatest artistic achievements of this century so far and the 3-disc package is really worth it for The Pixar Story (90 minutes!), which is a great, informative, surprisingly candid film that even has suspense, and that no fan of animation should be without.

Last edited by baracine; 11-19-08 at 07:13 AM.
Old 11-19-08, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DarthPrime
Do you need to have a print out of the Walmart online price for Best Buy to price match? And will they price match online prices?
I did not have to have a print out. In fact, I didn't have to have anything. I just asked if they price matched Wal-Mart's online price, the lady said yes, asked me how much it was, and that was it. I was fully prepared for her to want to look it up online, but, she didn't. I would say your results may vary, but, if they will do it for you, and need proof, they can certainly go to the website themselves. Of course, it never hurts to take proof.
Old 11-19-08, 08:47 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by baracine
...the 3-disc package is really worth it for The Pixar Story (90 minutes!), which is a great, informative, surprisingly candid film that even has suspense, and that no fan of animation should be without.
Unfortunately, it's the Disney version of the story, so candid as it may be, it still stretches the facts a little bit. I highly recommend the book about the story of Pixar (NOT the Disney-produced one) - it's very in-depth and gives a more truthful account of a lot of the behind-the-scenes drama. (one recurring theme: Steve Jobs kept trying to unload it and had very little involvement, yet tries to take all the credit)
Old 11-19-08, 09:36 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by cinemaphile
(one recurring theme: Steve Jobs kept trying to unload it and had very little involvement, yet tries to take all the credit)

I am SHOCKED! Seriously, Steve Jobs is one guy who is very glad he never unloaded anything and it shows.
Old 11-19-08, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Quack
Are you serious? It cost 38 buys for the SD 3 disc, or do you mean the Blu-Ray 3-disc?

No, I was talking about the Standard Def. dvd. Wal-Mart defenitly hit a new low!
Old 11-19-08, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I cant believe Walmart wont price match their own web print out. I tried and had to do it at BB. Really starting to hate wal-mart more and more each day.
Old 11-19-08, 05:09 PM

Wal-Mart is so stuck in their ways. They think they are God's gift to DVDs!
Old 11-19-08, 05:31 PM

WALL-E missing DisneyFile insert

If your DVD or Blu-ray disc case for WALL-E is missing the DisneyFile digital code and you would like a replacement, please e-mail your complete name, address, and daytime phone number to [email protected]
Old 11-19-08, 09:04 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
I did not have to have a print out. In fact, I didn't have to have anything. I just asked if they price matched Wal-Mart's online price, the lady said yes, asked me how much it was, and that was it. I was fully prepared for her to want to look it up online, but, she didn't. I would say your results may vary, but, if they will do it for you, and need proof, they can certainly go to the website themselves. Of course, it never hurts to take proof.
Thanks for the heads up on this, MMO. I just got back from Best Buy here in Memphis and they did price match not only on WALL-E but also on the KUNG-FU PANDA 2 pak. Ended up getting WALL-E for $22.86 and KFP for $15.86. I did bring a screen capture from Wal Mart's website just to be safe and didn't have any problems. I saved so much on those two I was able to spring for the 2 disc TROPIC THUNDER DVD.
Old 11-20-08, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Matt Bowers
Thanks for the heads up on this, MMO. I just got back from Best Buy here in Memphis and they did price match not only on WALL-E but also on the KUNG-FU PANDA 2 pak. Ended up getting WALL-E for $22.86 and KFP for $15.86. I did bring a screen capture from Wal Mart's website just to be safe and didn't have any problems. I saved so much on those two I was able to spring for the 2 disc TROPIC THUNDER DVD.
You're very welcome! I'm glad that my suggestion helped save you some money! I'm all for people saving money. I do it, all the time! Especially in these difficult economic times. This is the reason Best Buy ranks so high with me, because they will price match online prices, even when other stores won't price match their OWN online prices!
Old 11-21-08, 04:07 PM
Cool New Member

Unfortunately my WALL-E disc one was scratched pretty badly from the packaging. So I took it back to BB and they said that they've had more returns on this release than any other. They were very nice about it though and let me open copies until we found one that wasn't scratched which took some doing. Oh yeah, I was also able to price match on the HELLBOY II 3 disc DVD for $17.86!!! Woo hoo!!!! I'm going to check WalMart's website first each week now to see what I can save money on at BB; I never shop at WM but I've got a Reward Zone membership at BB.
Old 11-21-08, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ugh, apparently another victim of a scratched disk. It jumps and pixelates for about 30 second just a few minutes in. So damned annoying.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.