DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   BONES Season 3 DVD set has very interesting extras... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/537733-bones-season-3-dvd-set-has-very-interesting-extras.html)

Nick Martin 08-14-08 12:25 PM

BONES Season 3 DVD set has very interesting extras...

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bones-Season-3/10315

According to the info sent to retailers, you'll get all 15 episodes that aired in the third broadcast season, including two versions of "Player Under Pressure" (the episode that was produced for season two, but which was pulled at the time due to the Virginia Tech killings). You'll also get 4 bonus episodes from the yet-to-air fourth season, including a two-parted season opener. Plus there are additional extras, such extended episodes and a Gag Reel.

* Disc 1:
o The Widow's Son in the Windshield
o Soccer Mom in the Mini-Van
o Death in the Saddle
o Bonus Material
+ Directors Take:
# The Vault
# Making of the Body
# Car Crash - Exploding Van
# Squints
# The Angelator
+ Gag Reel

* Disc 2:
o The Secret in the Soil
o Mummy in the Maze
o Intern in the Incinerator
o Boy in the Time Capsule
o Bonus Material
+ The Knight on the Grid - Extended Episode
+ The Santa in the Slush - Extended Kiss Scene
+ Player Under Pressure Original Version

* Disc 3:
o The Knight on the Grid
o The Santa in the Slush
o The Man in the Mud
o Player Under Pressure
o Bonus Material
+ The Baby in the Bough - Extended Episode

* Disc 4:
o The Baby in the Bough
o The Verdict in the Story
o The Wannabe in the Weeds
o The Pain in the Heart

* Disc 5:
o Bonus Material: Bonus Season 4 Episodes:
+ The Yanks in the UK, Part One
+ The Yanks in the UK, Part Two
+ The Man in the Outhouse
+ The Finger in the Nest

pilot 08-14-08 12:30 PM

Wow. Episodes that have yet to air. I think that might be a first. (please, don't turn this into "your wrong" and prove me wrong - I can't think of that happening before, but maybe it has.)

Nick Martin 08-14-08 12:47 PM

It's a nice way to pad out the set since the season will be shorter.

The episodes will have aired on TV by the time this is released as long as the show preserves its early September premiere date it has each season.

TheKing 08-16-08 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by pilot (Post 8876403)
Wow. Episodes that have yet to air. I think that might be a first. (please, don't turn this into "your wrong" and prove me wrong - I can't think of that happening before, but maybe it has.)

Well, it's happened numerous times if you include shows that were cancelled before airing their entire run. Brothers And Sisters included an unaired episode on their Season 1 DVD.

As for why they're doing it here, technically these episodes were filmed as part of Season 3, and are not part of the Season 4 order. So the option was probably to include 26 episodes on the Season 4 DVD and 15 on Season 3, or 19 on season 3 and the normal 22 on Season 4. Of course since they're calling these bonus episodes, maybe they'll be included twice.

It is great we're getting the original Season 2 version of Player Under Pressure.

DJariya 08-16-08 03:49 AM

The four episodes included from Season 4 were not part of the Season 3 order. They shot 13 episodes pre-strike and only 2 episodes after the strike. If you remember, there was a 5 month hiatus after the X-Mas episode and they eventually ran 6 new episodes (4 pre-strike, 2 new)

I know the Yanks in the UK premiere episodes were filmed last month in London and was highly touted as one of the few American shows to film overseas.

I do look forward to seeing the original Player Under Pressure episode. The new version felt extremely choppy with the inserted filler scenes. Plus, there was major continuity problems with Emily Deschanel and TJ Thyne's hair.

Sean O'Hara 08-16-08 09:49 AM

But do they have a feature where the writers and producers apologize for the season finale?

DJariya 08-16-08 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara (Post 8879349)
But do they have a feature where the writers and producers apologize for the season finale?

Don't tell me your one of those bitter people who hated the resolution to the Gormogon storyline?

Mhepburn20 08-16-08 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 8879152)
The four episodes included from Season 4 were not part of the Season 3 order. They shot 13 episodes pre-strike and only 2 episodes after the strike. If you remember, there was a 5 month hiatus after the X-Mas episode and they eventually ran 6 new episodes (4 pre-strike, 2 new)

I know the Yanks in the UK premiere episodes were filmed last month in London and was highly touted as one of the few American shows to film overseas.

I do look forward to seeing the original Player Under Pressure episode. The new version felt extremely choppy with the inserted filler scenes. Plus, there was major continuity problems with Emily Deschanel and TJ Thyne's hair.

Actually those four episodes were absolutely shot under the season 3 order. Bones kept shooting until June, then went on hiatus and only went back into production for the real season four order last week.

DJariya 08-16-08 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mhepburn20 (Post 8879542)
Actually those four episodes were absolutely shot under the season 3 order. Bones kept shooting until June, then went on hiatus and only went back into production for the real season four order last week.

I guess what your saying does make sense. I guess it's a budget thing since last season was cut short and they used the remaining money left over to film the newer episodes for next season. Considering they probably had 22 episodes worth of money (with only 15 filmed) and the UK episodes must have costed a fortune to produce. Thanks for clarifying it.

Nick Martin 08-16-08 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by djariya (Post 8879526)
don't tell me your one of those bitter people who hated the resolution to the gormogon storyline?

I most certainly am.

Hated it!

Cheap, rushed ending done purely for shock value - something the show's creator Hart Hanson admitted at the time of its airing.

I'd like to pretend it never happened, or that I never saw it. All-around terrible.

Gizmo 08-16-08 09:00 PM

Interesting...

I'll be picking it up as me and the girl are a fan of the show. Curious to see the original Player under Pressure episode.