Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - VII

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - VII

Old 10-23-08, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i still don't get why the UK/Europe are exempt from blurring the scratch logo on the Tagged Classics while Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble and Summerslam Anthologies do have the blurred logo.

i do wish sometime down the road Vince will pay the Pandas to use the logo but i doubt that will happen because i read when they were in court in 2002 the judge gave Vince 2 choices, he could keep the scratch logo but had to pay fees to the pandas everytime its used or second option was get a new logo.
Old 10-23-08, 11:33 AM

We're exempt from the logos thanks to THQ after WWF Smackdown : Just Bring It! was released THQ complained they would lose money from sales so they were allowed by the World Wildlife Fund to release the game as long as it had the WWE logo on the cover
Old 10-23-08, 11:34 AM

I also received the Hell In A Cell Silvervision "Exclusive" and I use that term "Exclusive" loosely, along with the Limited Edition Summerslam 2008 steel book. The actual UK Hell In A Cell DVD case has a plain black spine, and no match listings on the box which is quite interesting. I am so glad I managed to pick up the Kane and Undertaker Exclusive busts from the US, as quite frankly the UK version is a huge let down.
Old 10-23-08, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Untitled 1
I also received the Hell In A Cell Silvervision "Exclusive" and I use that term "Exclusive" loosely, along with the Limited Edition Summerslam 2008 steel book. The actual UK Hell In A Cell DVD case has a plain black spine, and no match listings on the box which is quite interesting. I am so glad I managed to pick up the Kane and Undertaker Exclusive busts from the US, as quite frankly the UK version is a huge let down.
I noticed that about the match listings too...which picture is it that we get instead of the match listings? There must be an extra picture there in its place.
Old 10-23-08, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Dave88
We're exempt from the logos thanks to THQ after WWF Smackdown : Just Bring It! was released THQ complained they would lose money from sales so they were allowed by the World Wildlife Fund to release the game as long as it had the WWE logo on the cover
The original "WWF Smackdown Just Bring It" was released in November 2001 and I have it on Playstation 2 with all the full WWF logos on the cover and in game, because the name change didn't take place until May 2002. It was the "Playstation 2 Platinum" game that was released under the "WWE Smackdown Just Bring It" name as this was released after May 2002.

Tagged Classics are exempt from editing because Silvervision are directly releasing the DVDs and not WWE. As long as the DVD covers carry WWE logos and no visual reference to WWF they can legally be released and I know this because I have contacted Silvervision in the past.
Old 10-23-08, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Cactus Jack
I noticed that about the match listings too...which picture is it that we get instead of the match listings? There must be an extra picture there in its place.
The match listings are found on an insert inside the actaul DVD with an image of Mankind and Kane on the front and The Rock and Rikishi on the back.
Old 10-24-08, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

TNA is really hyping the Kurt Angle DVD. They even have an official website dedicated to the DVD with videos, and gallary.

I'm actually looking forward to it since it seems like we will get a full documentary of his career. He will likely go over his fallout with WWE as well, but i heard now he is praising Vince saying he is the "smartest businessman and promoter ever" and called HBK and HHH "greatest superstars to ever enter the ring" and he blames himself over what happened in WWE rather than blame on Vince, HHH and HBK.

I hope that means the door is open for Angle if he ever wants to return to WWE down the road.

Last edited by sg2386; 10-24-08 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-24-08, 04:26 PM

Here are some recent additions to my wrestling DVD collection including the UK and US Exclusives of the new Hell In A Cell set.

Old 10-24-08, 05:24 PM
Cool New Member

Where did you come up with the 2 in the 5th pic (magazine)? Are they only available int he UK?
Old 10-24-08, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Grandetrouille
Where did you come up with the 2 in the 5th pic (magazine)? Are they only available int he UK?

They are UK Exclusive books that come with bonus WWE DVDs, I have collected all 10 so far.
Old 10-24-08, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by sg2386
TNA is really hyping the Kurt Angle DVD. They even have an official website dedicated to the DVD with videos, and gallary.

I'm actually looking forward to it since it seems like we will get a full documentary of his career. He will likely go over his fallout with WWE as well, but i heard now he is praising Vince saying he is the "smartest businessman and promoter ever" and called HBK and HHH "greatest superstars to ever enter the ring" and he blames himself over what happened in WWE rather than blame on Vince, HHH and HBK.

I hope that means the door is open for Angle if he ever wants to return to WWE down the road.
Kurt's sudden change of heart about WWE smells like an angle (no pun intended) to me. It plays right into his deal with Jarrett, but then I suppose he could have legitimately made those statements in The Sun and TNA turned them into an angle. It's confusing as it always is when you have Russo booking. He likes that constant blurring of the line between reality and angles which is a turn off to many fans.
Old 10-28-08, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by lastofthewild1s
I wonder if the Legends Of Wrestling will be some of the footage from WWE 24/7's Legends roundtable discussions. If so, that dvd will be a great pick up.
I'd LOVE for it to be that, but I highly doubt it.
Old 10-28-08, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the extras for Cyber Sunday according to silvervision are:

- WWE.com Preview Match
United States Championship Match
Shelton Benjamin vs. R-Truth

- Honky Tonk Man, Roddy Piper and Goldust argue over who was the greatest Intercontinental Champion
Old 10-29-08, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm definitely picking up No Mercy and Cyber Sunday. I think WWE went into overtime to make up for the lack of Cena-ness.

Anybody going to get the "TNA Cross the Line 3-pack?" It's Victory Road, Hard Justice, and No Surrender for about $22.99. I'm kinda conflicted. I really enjoyed Hard Justice, and would love to get it, Victory Road was pretty weak, and No Surrender was somewhere in the middle. But it would all make a nice addition to Bound for Glory.
Old 10-29-08, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
I'm definitely picking up No Mercy and Cyber Sunday. I think WWE went into overtime to make up for the lack of Cena-ness.

Anybody going to get the "TNA Cross the Line 3-pack?" It's Victory Road, Hard Justice, and No Surrender for about $22.99. I'm kinda conflicted. I really enjoyed Hard Justice, and would love to get it, Victory Road was pretty weak, and No Surrender was somewhere in the middle. But it would all make a nice addition to Bound for Glory.
I'm going to buy the Cross the Line 3-pack.

ROHWrestling.com seem to actually have it instock and ready to ship since it doesn't say preorder after the title.
Old 10-29-08, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Has anyone seen a match listing for the upcoming Kurt Angle release?
Old 10-30-08, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

heres the cover for Bound for Glory

pretty cool cover, too bad the ppv wasn't that great.
Old 10-30-08, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, agreed. It looks like a movie poster. I'll get it for Monster's Ball, Jarrett/Angle, and Joe/Sting.
Old 10-30-08, 11:02 AM

looks Like "Bound For Glory IV:Sting Takes Chicago"
Old 10-30-08, 03:12 PM

That cover reminds me of:

And I am still wondering why this atrocious piece of cinema has never been released on DVD...
Old 10-30-08, 05:19 PM

lol, maybe they dont want to waste money bringing it on dvd
Old 10-30-08, 05:23 PM

I'd probably get it! I've never seen the movie lol
Old 10-30-08, 05:31 PM
Cool New Member

I've recently come upon the Wrestlemania Anthology set signed by Vince #0003 of 1000 (not the one that's on eBay right now)
This will be by far the Holy Grail of my collection and the centerpiece. I was wondering if anyone made a hard protective plastic case that the set can be stored in?
Old 10-30-08, 06:17 PM

I had 2 good scores on eBay recently. Just got the Best of AMW and Ultimate X collection for $20 shipped, and the Kane HIAC set for around $65.
Old 10-30-08, 08:50 PM

I love the BFG cover - it was a fine show, but I think I'd rather get the Cross the Line pack since it's got some decent stuff on it, and it's pretty good deal to get 3 PPVs for $20-ish bucks, although I don't think it'll be as good a deal as the first TNA 3-pack with Lockdown '05, Turning Point '04, and Victory Road '04 included.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.