Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - VII

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - VII

Old 10-21-08, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I might buy that Kane set if I see it on eBay for a buck or two, which it definitely will be in a few months.
Old 10-21-08, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chuckliddell
for the 2 people who said it looks good and they will buy the kane dvd, this proves my point that some fans will buy ANYTHING that wwe puts out, why not release a macho man set that the kane one?????i dont care what grudge vince has against him and releasing a kane set before macho man is just plain wrong, even a dvd just one macho mans promos and matches would be great

MESSAGE TO VINCE-WE WANT A MACHO MAN DVD, CAN SOMEBODY CREATE A SITE OR COMPLAIN TO WWE ABOUT THIS, IS THERE A EMAIL YOU CAN MAKE SUGGESTIONS, IF SO EVERYBODY COMPLAIN THAT WE WANT MACHO MAN
What is your fascination with Macho Man? Look, some people like Kane so they're going to buy a Kane DVD, that's it. There's no big conspiracy. They don't care if the matches suck or not. Just don't buy the damn thing.

Personally, I'm still pissed that the WWE haven't released a 4-disc set of Gangrel's greatest ring entrances. I'll survive. You will too.
Old 10-21-08, 07:29 PM

I don't buy "Everything" WWE releases but I do buy 90% of the "Best Of...." releases, I don't own any PPV's except the original ECW:ONS and I have it bundled with The Rise & Fall of ECW, I prefer the 3-Disc collections over PPV because usually PPVs only have 1 or 2 good matches and the other releases have the best matches from PPVs. If the matches aren't all that who cares there are still the little stories that go befor every match that are interesting.
Old 10-21-08, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by LickTheABCs
What is your fascination with Macho Man? Look, some people like Kane so they're going to buy a Kane DVD, that's it. There's no big conspiracy. They don't care if the matches suck or not. Just don't buy the damn thing.

Personally, I'm still pissed that the WWE haven't released a 4-disc set of Gangrel's greatest ring entrances. I'll survive. You will too.

A better question is "how could you not be fascinated with Macho Man!?!?" He is arguably the most well-rounded talent that the business has ever seen. An innovator who earned international celebrity and acclaim as a 6-time World Heavyweight Champion whose unmistakable voice, unmatched intensity, engaging personality, and unique fashions served to solidify him as one of the most recognizable names in the history of professional wrestling as well as a bona fide pop culture icon. He is the very epitome of the term 'sports-entertainment'. He had the look, the character, the athleticism, the girl. I dare say he one of the greatest entertainers not just in professional wrestling history, but in the history of live audience theatrics and television.

"Dig it!?!?!"

Last edited by fyebonusdisc; 10-21-08 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-21-08, 07:35 PM

I'm still holding out hope for a Tito Santana dvd. You might laugh, but he was amongst the best workers the WWF had in the 80's. I think an hour long documentary and 5 hours of matches as extras spread across two discs would be proper for it too. I'd easily buy a 3 disc set of his stuff, but I'd imagine I'm in the minority on that one.

Last edited by lastofthewild1s; 10-21-08 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-21-08, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by fyebonusdisc
A better question is "how could you not be fascinated with Macho Man!?!?" He is arguably the most well-rounded talent that the business has ever seen. An innovator who earned international celebrity and acclaim as a 6-time World Heavyweight Champion whose unmistakable voice, unmatched intensity, engaging personality, and unique fashions served to solidify him as one of the most recognizable names in the history of professional wrestling as well as a bona fide pop culture icon. He is the very epitome of the term 'sports-entertainment'. He had the look, the character, the athleticism, the girl. I dare say he one of the greatest entertainers not just in professional wrestling history, but in the history of live audience theatrics and television.

"Dig it!?!?!"
I can't argue with you there. I have WWE 24/7 and they air old episodes of the TNT Show. Savage was easily one of the most entertaining interviews on that show. He and Heenan were the best.
Old 10-21-08, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by lastofthewild1s
a Tito Santana dvd
That will never happen....
Old 10-21-08, 09:58 PM

i have nothing against kane, all im saying is most if not all old time fans who watched macho back in the day would agree that not only should he have his own dvd but that he deserves one more than kane, or cena or batista or whoever

problem with vince is that he deep down knows it, its common sense, but his past grudges robs the fans what they want, if they released a best of macho man dvd it would sell huge, thats a fact

same thing goes for wcw, that whole library and barely uses it unless its focusing on one of his own superstars such as rey,eddie,etc, how the heck do you release a cena/batista/kane dvd and not even a best of wcw one

heck if vince and bret hart can make a dvd together im sure anything is possible, maybe if he made that phone call to bret a few years earlier we would of gotten that dvd alot sooner as we as fans should of

all im saying is i wish wwe would start putting out the best of the crop first before the kane dvd, but i do give them credit there are lots of great wwe releases coming up and lots out there, just pains me to see kane get a 3 disc treatment and still no macho man, even a bret hart 2 would of been better, and what about jericho???
Old 10-21-08, 10:06 PM

another thing with macho is that not much has been released on previous dvds, just the steamboat match and a couple others, they could make a 3 disc set with all new stuff not released yet, judging by some of the recent stuff that would be a plus
Old 10-22-08, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Internet has taken this rumor to an entire new level. I really do think it's as simple as Savage probably not wanting to sign a wwe legends contract. He hasn't even signed a Jakks figure license, and their have been times in the past where certain wrestlers have outright refused the WWE's Legends contract and turn around and sign a figure license. Savage has done neither and hasn't even spoken about it.

You would think if Savage felt he was getting the shit end and his legacy denied, he would have spoken up by now. One would think? I mean, Vince can't stop him if he wanted to share a few thoughts on the internet or something like that.

It's possible the guy just wants nothing to do with the business right now.
Old 10-22-08, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by shacmasta
The Internet has taken this rumor to an entire new level. I really do think it's as simple as Savage probably not wanting to sign a wwe legends contract. He hasn't even signed a Jakks figure license, and their have been times in the past where certain wrestlers have outright refused the WWE's Legends contract and turn around and sign a figure license. Savage has done neither and hasn't even spoken about it.

You would think if Savage felt he was getting the shit end and his legacy denied, he would have spoken up by now. One would think? I mean, Vince can't stop him if he wanted to share a few thoughts on the internet or something like that.

The rumor going around is that Vince forbade Jakks from allowing Macho Man to sign a figure deal, told THQ not to include Macho Man as a legend in the SVR games (or the upcoming "Legends" game), and not even offering a WWE legends contract to the Macho Madness.
Old 10-22-08, 09:05 AM

About the new edge dvd

Fans may love to hate Edge, but they'll love this impressive collection of matches where Edge has won the WWE Championship (2 times), World Heavyweight Championship (2 times), Intercontinental Championship (5 times), U.S. Championship, WWE Tag Team Championship, and World Tag Team Championship (11 times!). To date, the "Rated R Superstar" has never had a DVD collection highlighting his amazing career, but Edge--A Decade of Decadence changes that. This 3-DVD set will feature dozens of the greatest matches and moments from Edge's career. Available 2009.

Im new here... so it my of already been posted
Old 10-22-08, 10:27 AM

I agree that internet fans have run with the Savage/Stephanie thing. I don't know whether it's true or not, but neither does any other internet fan. I cringe every time I read a post where someone is stating that scenario as though it's fact. Whether it is or not, we'll likely never hear about it nor should we. It really isn't any of our business.
Old 10-22-08, 11:40 AM

Content for the new Edge DVD courtesy of Silver Vision:
Disc 1

A Boy and his Dream

Breakdown September 27, 1998
Edge vs. Owen Hart

Terri Invitational Tournament- Ladder Match
New Brood vs. Edge & Christian
No Mercy October 17, 1999

8 Pounds of Gold

Triangle Ladder Match for the World Tag Team Championship
Dudley Boyz vs. Hardy Boyz vs. Edge & Christian
WrestleMania April 2, 2000

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
Lance Storm vs. Edge
SummerSlam August 19, 2001

Championship Unification Match
Edge vs. Test
Survivor Series November 18, 2001

Singles Superstar

Edge vs. Mr. Perfect
Sunday Night Heat March 3, 2002

Hair vs. Hair Match
Kurt Angle vs. Edge
Judgment Day May 19, 2002

Steel Cage Match
Kurt Angle vs. Edge
SmackDown! May 30, 2002

World Tag Team Championship Match
Billy & Chuck vs. Edge & Hollywood Hulk Hogan
SmackDown! July 4, 2002

Edge vs. Eddie Guerrero
Unforgiven September 22, 2002

Extra

• The Totally Awesome Best of Edge & Christian
Disc 2

Injury – Return!

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
Randy Orton vs. Edge
Vengeance July 11, 2004

Street Fight
Shawn Michaels vs. Edge
RAW February 28, 2005

Gold Rush Tournament Final
Kane vs. Edge
RAW May 16, 2005

Love Triangle

Street Fight
Matt Hardy vs. Edge
RAW August 29, 2005

WWE Championship Match
John Cena vs. Edge
New Year’s Revolution January 8, 2006

Overrated

Hardcore Match
Mick Foley vs. Edge
WrestleMania 22 April 2, 2006

6- Person Tag Team Match
Terry Funk, Tommy Dreamer & Beulah vs. Mick Foley, Edge & Lita
ECW: One Night Stand June 11, 2006

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship
Rob Van Dam vs. John Cena vs. Edge
RAW July 3, 2006

Extras

• Adam Copeland vs. Christian
Cornwall, ON November 10, 1997
Commentary By: Matt Striker & Edge

• Intercontinental Championship Match
Jeff Jarrett vs. Edge
Toronto, ON July 24, 1999
Commentary By: Matt Striker & Edge
Disc 3

“I Equal Ratings!”

WWE Championship Match
Edge vs. John Cena
SummerSlam August 20, 2006

I Persevered

Money in the Bank Qualifying Match
Rob Van Dam vs. Edge
RAW February 19, 2007

Randy Orton vs. Edge
RAW April 30, 2007

Money in the Bank – Again!

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Undertaker vs. Edge
SmackDown! May 11, 2007

Last Chance World Heavyweight Championship Match
Edge vs. Batista
Vengeance June 24, 2007

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Edge vs. Rey Mysterio
Royal Rumble January 27, 2008

My Speciality

Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match For the Vacant World Heavyweight Championship
Undertaker vs. Edge
One Night Stand June 1, 2008

Hell in a Cell Match
Undertaker vs. Edge
SummerSlam August 17, 2008

What’s Next – Sequel?
Old 10-22-08, 11:43 AM

I'm enjoying the Edge disc, but seriously, there is way too much rereleased matches on this set.

But in all reality, his Breakdown match with Owen Hart, First IC win against Jarrett, and Heat match against Mr. Perfect = Instant Win.
Old 10-22-08, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
can't wait for the Edge DVD
Old 10-22-08, 11:45 AM

fact is vince owns all of macho's wrestling career, all the matches and promos from wwe and wcw are his, they could release a 3 disc set with no story and just his best stuff just like what they did with the rocks dvd
Old 10-22-08, 11:48 AM

I can't find that listing on SilverVision's site anywhere.
Old 10-22-08, 11:56 AM

edge dvd looks great but
no mercy ladder match-already on ladder match dvd
6 man ons match-already on best of ecw dvd(forget which one)
street fight with shawn-already on raw 15th anniversary

get rid of those and maybe put a few missing matches on there like with taker at mania 24 then all 3 taker matches would be on there

wrestlemania 2000, hair vs hair, foley match at mania, tlc and hell in a cell vs taker=gold
Old 10-22-08, 11:58 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shacmasta

The thing is that WWE could release a Self Destruction of Macho Man without Randy savage consent. Something really bad happened between Vince and Macho. Maybe it has to do with Steph, maybe it doesn't, but the fact is that Vince is the one that has put on hold everything related to Macho Man. I've heard for reliable sources that Vince is the one that nixed the DVD, the one that told Jakks to not contact Savage and has been the one to stop idea everytime Randy's name comes up for an angle, HOF induction or any cameo appereance. What could've happened? Only vince and Savage know for sure.
Old 10-22-08, 11:59 AM

There’s no link to it yet for the Edge dvd. Change the last part of another DVDs url to : Edge-A-Decade-of-Decadence-DVD-3-Discs.html

(can't post the full url until i've got 15 posts)
Old 10-22-08, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Crap, I was really hoping for a bio story of Edge. Aside from a few Raw/Smackdown matches there is way too much stuff on there that's been released already. I had even pre-ordered this set, but I might cancel it now.
Old 10-22-08, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by md2810
There’s no link to it yet for the Edge dvd. Change the last part of another DVDs url to : Edge-A-Decade-of-Decadence-DVD-3-Discs.html

(can't post the full url until i've got 15 posts)
Wow, how do you guys find this stuff?
Old 10-22-08, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought the Edge DVD came out on 11/4?
Old 10-22-08, 01:35 PM

Silvervision is a UK/Europe WWE DVD site

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.