Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - VII

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - VII

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-08, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think The Monday Night Wars was released before 2005. 2 other options are Triple H: That Damn Good & The Rock: Just Bring It (2-Disc Edition)
Old 08-22-08, 11:58 AM

Summerslam cover out!
Old 08-22-08, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
but i mean dvd sets, not actual wwe ppv dvd, but dvds like hbk from the vault and stuff like that, anybody have a list of the dvds wwe released in the early days, like before 2005
Check this.

The SummerSlam 2008 cover looks sweet.
Old 08-22-08, 03:04 PM

After a 15% off coupon I received at the Counting Crows concert last night as well as my $5 reward zone certificate, I hope to hop over to Best Buy tonight when the wife gets off work and pick up Lockdown 08 as a birthday present to myself tonight. Can't beat the TNA sale.
Old 08-22-08, 03:09 PM

I dont believe anyone has mentioned this dvd yet, so here goes....I picked up "Omega: Uncommon Passion - From Dream To Reality" today from BestBuy (was released earlier this month)...Its pretty good, a decent supplement to the "Twist of Fate" and "Leap of Faith" dvds. It's a 2disc set, but I have only had a chance to watch the documentary disc so far...Sorry for the flash reflection in the pic.

Old 08-22-08, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I bought the OMEGA set a while back before it was available at retail. Good stuff. The documentary is solid.
Old 08-22-08, 05:30 PM

ya i never got from the vault hbk 2 disk, but i already most of those matches already so i dont think im getting it, plus i got the heartbreak and triumph 3 disk dvd with the documentry and forgotton classics

also anybody have the match listing for the upcoming eddie 3 disk, or atleast a rumoured one
Old 08-23-08, 06:06 PM

Just picked up the GAB 2007/2008 2-pack at K-Mart. I hope they continue this 2-pack promotion past Summerslam (they've only done this with RR 2007/2008, the aforementioned GAB 2007/2008 and the upcoming Summerslam 2007/2008, right?)

Last edited by DerangedHermit; 08-23-08 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-23-08, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by BrIaNMeRcY
Just wanted to give everybody a heads up that Best Buy has selected TNA DVD's for ten bucks. Took advantage a purchased my first TNA DVD which is Global iMPACT!.
Hadn't check this thread in a while and was coming to post this too. I ordered this during the DeepDiscount 20% off sale and they e-mailed me a few days ago saying they weren't getting anymore in and my order was cancelled. Was pleased to see it on sale today.
Old 08-23-08, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by CaseyB
Hadn't check this thread in a while and was coming to post this too. I ordered this during the DeepDiscount 20% off sale and they e-mailed me a few days ago saying they weren't getting anymore in and my order was cancelled. Was pleased to see it on sale today.
Bestbuys near you got a lot.. the most overstocked one is the Global TNA impact.
Old 08-23-08, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by xage
Bestbuys near you got a lot.. the most overstocked one is the Global TNA impact.
They have 2 more Global Impacts left. Did you pick up any, xage?
Old 08-23-08, 09:20 PM

Went to my local Best Buy and picked up Christian Cage: Instant Classic and The History of TNA: Year 1 for 21 bucks. After watching little bit of both, they are worth picking up. In addition, my local Best Buy had two Global Ipmact: Japan DVDs.
Old 08-23-08, 10:04 PM

I was at best buy picking up blank dvds and mine had about 6 copies of global impact and had at least two or three of everything that was 9.99. wish i had more money but the sale is good till the 30th so maybe. i will be able to get a few before then its a great deal.
Old 08-24-08, 02:09 AM
Suspended

no notable good exclusive releases this week except for the TNA bestbuy dvd sale but passed on that one instead picking up these Lucha Stuff:

WWO

Wrestlemaniac R1 w/ slipcase & Bootleg Blu-ray Version
Old 08-24-08, 02:26 PM

looks like there not doing the starcade dvd at all, i heard its been cut out completly

seems like vince is still bitter about wcw beating him in ratings for almost 2 years, on the monday night wars it was almost one sided all the way and the invasion storyline was run by all mcmahons, and any sort of wcw footage on dvd only seems to be when its showcasing vince's superstars, especially from 96-98

all i know is better keep your old wcw tapes cause i doubt we will get any real wcw dvd sets anytime soon, its a shame vince has that whole library of great stuff, for ecw he did a few great dvds and wwe gets there's, but that whole wcw library gets nothing

even the nwo dvd was 50% of wwe's version of nwo, which was stupid, the real nwo was 96-97

i just wish after 10 years vince would get over it and give wcw some worthy dvds, even a best of wcw, or best of wcw nitro, anything, then if it sells great like the rise and fall of ecw do some more just like ecw

anways now that its cancelled what dvds are set to be released after the new eddie 3 disk ,i heard there doing a intercontinal dvd set, i thought they already did that already?
Old 08-24-08, 05:52 PM

i heard there doing a intercontinal dvd set, i thought they already did that already?
The IC title DVD that came out was just a budget-priced re-release of an old VHS tape - it wasn't a definitive DVD by any means, nor was it meant to be one.

The Summerslam cover is...fine. Nothing special about it at all, but I'm looking forward to buying that event on DVD. I'm happy to learn about the $10 TNA DVDs at Best Buy - the next time I'm there, I'll definitely snag some. Here's a more complete listing of the $10 DVDs -
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....s&nrp=15&iht=n

Also, for anyone looking for the Rey Mysterio: Before They Were Stars or Vive Guerrero! DVDs that Big Vision put out - check your local Wal-Mart Latin bargain area, as I found them there (along with a Mistico and Rey Jr. DVD) for $5 apiece.

Vive Guerrero!'s main card is...fairly bad, but does have some gems, like the original La Parka dancing, Super Porky posing and being wacky, and best of HAKU AND SUPER PORKY IN A SUMO BATTEL!~ at the end of a battle royal.

Bad match card, but for $5, I got to see all of that greatness, plus Haku chopping the daylights out of people in the battle royal, and the bonus matches include Crazy vs. Eddie from ROH's debut show and Rey vs. Juvi from early in their careers, so there is some good stuff on the DVD.

However, the production values on the main card might just be the worst I've ever seen - it's usually too dark to see much of anything, as there appears to be just one light over the actual ring, making it completely impossible to see the crowd.

Last edited by JPeeples; 08-24-08 at 09:42 PM.
Old 08-24-08, 06:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JPeeples
The IC title DVD that came out was just a budget-priced re-release of an old VHS tape - it wasn't a definitive DVD by any means, nor was it meant to be one. The Summerslam cover is...fine. Nothing special about it at all, but I'm looking forward to buying that event on DVD. I'm happy to learn about the $10 TNA DVDs at Best Buy - the next time I'm there, I'll definitely snag some. Here's a full listing of the $10 DVDs -
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....s&nrp=15&iht=n
You are getting a little ahead. The IC Title DVD that has been mentioned on this thread is the one coming on Novemeber.
http://www.amazon.com/History-Interc...9619819&sr=1-2

The one that you mention came years ago and yes, it is a reharsh of the old VHS.
Old 08-24-08, 07:51 PM

It upsets me that Global Impact, the tna.com "exclusive," is now at best buy for $10. Thanks a lot TNA, I will never buy from your site again.
Old 08-24-08, 08:26 PM

TNA's always done that since they got their national DVD deal - Navarre limits them greatly with the amount of TNA DVDs they'll put out, so TNA supplements things by putting out some stuff that would normally only be sold on their site (greatly reducing the potential for those releases to make money) as exclusives to certain national chains (enabling the releases to get some kind of national release without using up a Navarre release slot).

They've done it with AAO '06 for Best Buy, and I recall FYE getting some exclusives as well. I'm glad TNA does this, as I have zero desire to A. pay full price or B. pay shipping on top of that to deal with ordering from their site, and being able to get Global Impact for $15 a few months ago at Best Buy was awesome, even if the show having the MAIN EVENT in clipped form exactly as it was shown on the TV special, bugged me.

Also, gerweck.net's stating that ALL TNA DVDs except for the Slammiversary 2008 one are $10 - however, Best Buy's site tells a different story, as only about a page or so of DVDs are $10.

Last edited by JPeeples; 08-26-08 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-24-08, 09:13 PM

Got Backlash 2001 for $12 and Judgment Day 2002 for $11 off of eBay
Old 08-24-08, 09:35 PM

Not bad deals Derranged. I got 'em both myself quite cheap back in the day..
Old 08-25-08, 12:12 AM

For those going to Best Buy for the TNA dvds...look for the August Best Buy Insider. There's a coupon inside for 10% off any single dvd purchase.

Also, you guys might want to check the dvd bargain section and check the Blockbuster.com $10 off any $10 order online. They have tons of wrestling dvds that work out to a nice deal. I picked up the WWE World Class Championship Wrestling dvd for $15.XX.
Old 08-25-08, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by CaseyB
For those going to Best Buy for the TNA dvds...look for the August Best Buy Insider. There's a coupon inside for 10% off any single dvd purchase.

Also, you guys might want to check the dvd bargain section and check the Blockbuster.com $10 off any $10 order online. They have tons of wrestling dvds that work out to a nice deal. I picked up the WWE World Class Championship Wrestling dvd for $15.XX.

Is there a way I can search at blockbuster.com for WWE in used dvds? I've tried with no success.
Old 08-25-08, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by KurtK26
Is there a way I can search at blockbuster.com for WWE in used dvds? I've tried with no success.
Not from what I've seen. Their website doesn't seem very user friendly. You have to click on every title to see if they have used and/or new titles for sale.
Old 08-25-08, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by KurtK26
They only had a few used WWE DVDs early (I bought Armageddon 2006 when I heard of the deal and No Way Out 2007 and ONS 2007 were once available used)... but they're all gone now.

If you like UFC, they have some used DVDs still.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.