DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - VII

Old 10-06-08, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shacmasta View Post
Fye.com has it scheduled for 10/14

Amazon has it for 10/7

I'll give FYE a call tomorrow to find out, since I have the gift set pre-ordered.
Wierd thing is that Amazon.ca has 2 versions of the Hell in a Cell DVD to order; one is an import and the other is KOCH, the import one is cheaper and has a release date of October 14 whereas the KOCH version has a release of Oct. 7 and about $6-7 more. Not sure whats going on, but i think for sure Canada gets a release of the 7th.
Old 10-06-08, 09:21 AM
Banned

No Survivor Series Anthology yet? I wonder if it'll happen. I always liked those.

I'm always wondering if we'll ever see Hogan vs Boss Man in the cage on DVD. It was on a VHS Hulkamania release I have and I'd like to find all the content from the tape on DVD at some point.
Old 10-06-08, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Amazon shipped my HITC DVD, fyi.
Old 10-06-08, 12:03 PM

Actually that's a good point about that Hulkamania 4 release. Why doesn't the WWE and Vince McMahon just release the old WWE Coliseum videos on dvd now??

I know they did with Andre The Giant, the IC Title dvd and the History of WM 1-9 but I can bet that the Roddy Piper, British Bulldogs, Hart Foundation and Hogan dvds would be a big hit. I was gonna add in Savage's but we all know we'll never see a Randy Savage dvd of any kind thanks to him taking Stephanie's virginity back in the day hahaha
Old 10-06-08, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by abrg923 View Post
Amazon shipped my HITC DVD, fyi.
I guess some places are selling it the 7th and others on the 14th.
Old 10-06-08, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I would love to see a lot of the older Coliseum Video releases come to DVD.....hello!!!! This Tuesday In Texas? Wrestlefests? Battle of the Superstars?
Old 10-06-08, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hope someone can clarify this, i was looking at the actual pic of the HIAC DVD on ebay and it looks like the package is a regular DVD case and not a digipack (AKA: Tombstone: Undertaker style package with 3 discs stacked in a regular case).

I hope WWE didn't cheap out again on the packaging of another big release.
Old 10-06-08, 02:23 PM

I just remembered something and I am curious to if anyone on here did this. About a few months ago, WWE.com had a link on their site about voting for what matches we'd like to see on the IC 3 disc dvd set. I remember I voted for a Steamboat vs Savage match from the Boston Garden instead of the WM 3 one, just cause I knew that was seen by so many ppl before.

Did anyone else on here vote for what matches they'd like to see on the dvd?? And who here thinks it didn't matter who we voted for, that the WWE already knew what matches they'd be putting on anyhow.

Cause Rocky vs Austin from IYH DX ppv was a shitty match. Same with Jeff Hardy vs Umaga from GAB 07, I just watched that recently and it wasn't anything special at all.
Old 10-06-08, 03:05 PM

The IYH match between Rock/Austin wasnt good but I enjoyed the Jeff/Umaga from GAB 07. They should have included Diesel winning the IC Title on Superstars and Razor winning back the IC Title at SummerSlam 1994
Old 10-06-08, 03:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jammer311 View Post
Actually that's a good point about that Hulkamania 4 release. Why doesn't the WWE and Vince McMahon just release the old WWE Coliseum videos on dvd now??

I know they did with Andre The Giant, the IC Title dvd and the History of WM 1-9 but I can bet that the Roddy Piper, British Bulldogs, Hart Foundation and Hogan dvds would be a big hit. I was gonna add in Savage's but we all know we'll never see a Randy Savage dvd of any kind thanks to him taking Stephanie's virginity back in the day hahaha
Wait, this "History of Wrestlemania 1-9" is the same as an old Colliseum video? Was it aired on PPV as "Wrestlemania's History and Heroes" ? I still have a VHS recording of that. I'm looking around, but so far I don't see any sites with the exact contents of the DVD listed.

Last edited by Viper187; 10-06-08 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-06-08, 03:44 PM

I'm wondering if anyone has this in their collection:

Old 10-06-08, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by sg2386 View Post
I hope someone can clarify this, i was looking at the actual pic of the HIAC DVD on ebay and it looks like the package is a regular DVD case and not a digipack (AKA: Tombstone: Undertaker style package with 3 discs stacked in a regular case).

I hope WWE didn't cheap out again on the packaging of another big release.
The HIAC set is similar to the McMahon set with a slipcover (that has slightly raised lettering and "cell").
Old 10-06-08, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post

I have it! #1870
Old 10-06-08, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Viper187 View Post
Wait, this "History of Wrestlemania 1-9" is the same as an old Colliseum video? Was it aired on PPV as "Wrestlemania's History and Heroes" ? I still have a VHS recording of that. I'm looking around, but so far I don't see any sites with the exact contents of the DVD listed.

It's the same as a Coliseum Video from about 1993. Wrestlemania's History and Heroes was from 1991, and was hosted by Gene Okerlund, Bobby Heanan, the Bushwhackers, the Bolsheviks, Greg Valentine and others. I still have that one on tape from the ppv.
Old 10-06-08, 08:19 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
Originally Posted by throwback
My Wrestlemania XX Collection w/ Guerrero & Benoit

- Wrestlemania XX LE (signed by Batista & Foley)
- Wrestlemania XX (slimline w/ Raw Homecoming)
- Wrestlemania XX #'d Limited Edition Boxset/Giftset
- Signed Eddie Guerrero 8x10 w/ H.O.F. Coin & DVD
- Signed Chris Benoit 8x10
- 2 Chris Benoit: Hard Knocks DVD (Signed & Bnew)
My Wrestlemania XX #'d Limited Edition Boxset/Giftset is number #0027
Old 10-06-08, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the commercial for the HIAC DVD aired on RAW and says it will be available next week.
Old 10-07-08, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by throwback View Post
My Wrestlemania XX #'d Limited Edition Boxset/Giftset is number #0027
Kickass. Do you own one that you've opened?
Old 10-07-08, 06:53 PM

I was just thinking that why isnt the Marty Jannetty v Shawn Michaels from RAW in 1993 not on the IC Title DVD? It was 93's MOTY?
Old 10-08-08, 12:47 PM

matches i would like to see on the edge dvd

-wrestlemania 2000 ladder match they already put all the tlc matches on the ladder match but they didnt include this one
-vs foley at wrestlemania, this match was great and has to be on the dvd
-vs angle hair vs hair
-any if not all of the 3 classics he has had with taker this year, wrestlemania 24, tlc match and hell in a cell
sucks there will be no benoit but still could be a great match listing if done right

p.s.how the heck will they do a kane 3 disc dvd, i love kane but hes not that great of a wrestler, and most of his matches with taker have already been released
Old 10-08-08, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by chuckliddell View Post
p.s.how the heck will they do a kane 3 disc dvd, i love kane but hes not that great of a wrestler, and most of his matches with taker have already been released
I agree.

I think they will have a in-character documentary on disc 1 with likely segments with Undertaker in late-97-early 98 and likely have interviews with Paul Bearer. The 2nd and 3rd discs will be matches, i think only about dozen matches will be included.
Old 10-08-08, 07:48 PM

I have never seen Orton vs. Edge on RAW.............(I believe it was the week after HBK vs. Cena from the UK). I heard it was a great match.

I HOPE IT IS INCLUDED ON THE EDGE DVD SET.
Old 10-08-08, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chuckliddell View Post
matches i would like to see on the edge dvd
I'd like to see the Smackdown match w/ Eddie Guerrero that was in San Diego. One of the best matches I've seen live.
Old 10-08-08, 08:09 PM

anyone else think that they should start releasing wcw ppv stuff, even if vince doesnt want to release any nitro stuff and hes still holds a grudge about the ratings war they can still release great stuff
-best of wargames, every wargame match
-best of halloween havoc
stuff like that, or a best of wcw strictly ppv or something

i have old wcw vhs tapes i taped from tv back in the wcw days, but some of them have bad tracking and would like to upgrade to nice dvd, especially stuff like the wargames and such

hopefully the starcade dvd sells great then maybe they will do the same thing that they did to ecw when they released rise and fall and do a few "best of" dvds for wcw

all that library of stuff, why not use it instead of 2 or 3 wwe dvd every month
Old 10-08-08, 08:11 PM

also look at whats happened with wwe dvds, there releasing so much wwe stuff there putting the same match on 3 or 4 dvds and will probably get worse, i know there wwe first, but why not release a few best of wcw dvds and use that deep library
Old 10-08-08, 08:56 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think any wrestling fan would love to see WCW stuff on DVD but the bottom line is that Vince definitely hates WCW and all it stand for. Aside of putting WCW matches on certain DVDs, Vince has been stalling all the plans for WCW-centric releases. Add to this the fact that their home video release division is really understaffed and since the WCW and ECW purchased, they have been really slow in organizing their film library.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.