Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - VII

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - VII

Old 10-03-08, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pretty good set, i understand they didn't have much to go without putting same matches from other DVDs and with removing Benoit and such. I wish they actually included Benoit/Jericho from Backlash 2000 and Judgment Day 2000, both were excellent matches, which will likely never see the light of day unless they release Backlash and Judgment Day Anthologies.

Kind of surprised they included Warrior/Honky Tonk Man from Summerslam 88, it lasted about 10 seconds and Austin/Rock from DX IYH 97 was just Austin driving a truck to the ring and beating the whole NOD which lasted about 5 minutes.

Still looks pretty good.
Old 10-03-08, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the match list. Now I know I can skip that IC set. What a waste!
Old 10-03-08, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WHAT?! No footage of the Rio de Janeiro tournament!? NO SALE!
Old 10-03-08, 02:18 PM

like i said i dont mind them repeating matches on dvd if there really great matches and there not on many other, the hbk-razer ladder match was on michaels dvd like 5 years ago, many fans probably dont have that like myself so i like it, but if it was on his recent legacy i might have a problem with it, and dvds such as ladder match are so popular why put any of those matches on, and not everybody buys the anthology sets

with the exception of summerslam 91 and 92 matches being on another dvd the set looks awesome
Old 10-03-08, 04:37 PM
Banned

The set looks pretty good. Great balance between the old and the new. Too bad that the didn't include the Rio de Janeiro tourney in the set. Maybe it will be a Woolworth exclusive.
Old 10-03-08, 06:02 PM

I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this but shoptna has all of the hard to find ppvs back in stock.
Old 10-03-08, 09:07 PM

I still believe it's a must-buy due to some rare gems but some of them are already on a few DVD's.. I'll still get it anyway! (IC Title DVD)
Old 10-03-08, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Dave88
I still believe it's a must-buy due to some rare gems but some of them are already on a few DVD's.. I'll still get it anyway! (IC Title DVD)
There's enough there for me to want it, but it pisses me off that WWE insist on recycling the same footage over and over.
Old 10-04-08, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Leechboy
I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this but shoptna has all of the hard to find ppvs back in stock.
I don't think those ppvs were ever hard to find to begin with. TNA just likes to create the demand for apparent reason saying this DVD is hard to find and next thing you know they acquire 1000 more copies.

The original Best of Bloodiest Brawls come to mind, they kept saying "once its gone its gone, GET IT NOW" then all of a sudden few weeks later they have it on TNASHOP along with the original Best of X Division and Best of TNA Title matches all listed for $19.99.
Old 10-04-08, 03:11 PM

Well according to the match listing of the IC DVD it looks like Macho Man is not excluded this go around.

Good to see VINCE DOES NOT HOLD A GRUDGE.
Old 10-04-08, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 136 Likes on 105 Posts
Old 10-04-08, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Fanboy
WHAT?! No footage of the Rio de Janeiro tournament!? NO SALE!
Probably waiting for the Pat Patterson 3 DVD set to include that...
Old 10-04-08, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by juanmgonzalez
Probably waiting for the Pat Patterson 3 DVD set to include that...
That will be a hidden easter egg that you will never be able to find.
Old 10-04-08, 11:56 PM

I was wondering if the Hell in a Cell is coming out Tuesday or not? I've seen some sites say Tuesday and some say the 14th.
Old 10-05-08, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

according to WWEshop.com the Hell in a Cell DVD will be released on Oct. 14.

But it will be released in Canada on Oct. 7, according to Kochcan.com and checking out HMV's website, most stores have it in stock.
Old 10-05-08, 11:28 AM

im thinking of buying wrestlemania 17, seeing how it is one of the best of all time, but i already have austin-rock tlc taker-hhh on dvd already, so seeing how i have all 3 main events is it still worth it?, and what other ppvs would u recommend from 96-01 from wwe
Old 10-05-08, 11:37 AM

I am kind of shocked at the matches they put on the IC Title dvd. I have a huge collection of old WWF/E Coliseum videos and they had so many great IC Title matches on them.

Razor Ramon vs Shawn Michaels from Wrestlefest 94
Razor Ramon vs Shawn Michaels from Paul Bearer's Hits From The Crypt
Ricky Steamboat vs Randy Savage from Best of the WWF Vol. 9
Tito Santana vs Paul Orndorff from Best of the WWF Vol. 2

Or even The Mountie vs Bret Hart where The Mountie won the IC Title. Why not include that?!?!

Or those ladder matches with Jeff Jarrett vs Razor Ramon where they changed hands a few times. They may have just been on house shows though but if they were recorded, it would be sweet to finally see them.

Sometimes WWE dvds just piss me off, because it seems they aren't even trying anymore to bring us anything different. Just the same old junk that we see every wee now on WWE tv. It's just awful.
Old 10-05-08, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree some of those compilation Coliseum videos had great matches. I remember i had a tape called Smack Em Whack Em and it had the ultra rare Ric Flair vs. Bret Hart from Saskatoon where Hart won his first WWE title, AWESOME match, and was really surprised they didn't include it on the Bret Hart DVD or the History of the WWE title DVD.

On the same tape they had the first ladder match with Bret Hart and HBK and was glad they included it on the Ladder match DVD.

Originally Posted by jammer311
I am kind of shocked at the matches they put on the IC Title dvd. I have a huge collection of old WWF/E Coliseum videos and they had so many great IC Title matches on them.

Razor Ramon vs Shawn Michaels from Wrestlefest 94
Razor Ramon vs Shawn Michaels from Paul Bearer's Hits From The Crypt
Ricky Steamboat vs Randy Savage from Best of the WWF Vol. 9
Tito Santana vs Paul Orndorff from Best of the WWF Vol. 2

Or even The Mountie vs Bret Hart where The Mountie won the IC Title. Why not include that?!?!

Or those ladder matches with Jeff Jarrett vs Razor Ramon where they changed hands a few times. They may have just been on house shows though but if they were recorded, it would be sweet to finally see them.

Sometimes WWE dvds just piss me off, because it seems they aren't even trying anymore to bring us anything different. Just the same old junk that we see every wee now on WWE tv. It's just awful.
Old 10-05-08, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

does anybody have any recommendations on cheap places to purchase the tagged classics and other non R1 WWE DVDs?

so far i've been looking at amazon.uk and hmw, but was wondering if there is any cheaper place.
Old 10-05-08, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
im thinking of buying wrestlemania 17, seeing how it is one of the best of all time, but i already have austin-rock tlc taker-hhh on dvd already, so seeing how i have all 3 main events is it still worth it?, and what other ppvs would u recommend from 96-01 from wwe
My suggestion is you should get it. WMX7 was awesome...Vince vs Shane was great also Angle vs Benoit! i thought the gimmick battle royal was fun and nostalgic. The hardcore title match, test vs eddie... and jericho vs regal were good matches. i even love the intro video. i would get it if i were you.

there are tons of good ppvs from 96-01. WM, Summerslam and Rumble are great for each year.

my personal suggestions are Backlash 2000 and Fully Loaded 1999. I LOVE those ppvs and i guarantee you would enjoy them.
Old 10-05-08, 03:53 PM

Survivor Series 1995 & 1996 is also 2 amazing PPV's and are worth the money
Old 10-05-08, 07:15 PM

The IC title DVD set looks really good - I'm looking forward to seeing Savage-Santana, although I'm a little bummed at how much previous DVD overlap there is on the set, even for older stuff, as both Hennig-Hart and Smith-Hart have been on DVD numerous times, as has Savage-Steamboat from WM III (although at least these are all good enough to warrant owning multiple copies of).

These things rule -
Todd Grisham – The Inaugural Champion

Todd Grisham – The Ladies Man

Todd Grisham – The Greatest Ever
Old 10-05-08, 08:25 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by sg2386

But it will be released in Canada on Oct. 7, according to Kochcan.com and checking out HMV's website, most stores have it in stock.
I got my copy in the mail on friday.
Old 10-05-08, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sg2386

Fye.com has it scheduled for 10/14

Amazon has it for 10/7

I'll give FYE a call tomorrow to find out, since I have the gift set pre-ordered.
Old 10-05-08, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Probably going to be listing a ton of wrestling PPV DVDs in the Exchange Forum in a few days, FYI...going to sell the bulk of them off.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.