Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

south park previous seasons, any chance for uncensored audio too?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

south park previous seasons, any chance for uncensored audio too?

Old 08-09-08, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cheato
I haven't lived in the US for a few years, but I thought the FCC could only regulate "decency" on the public airwaves (AM/FM/VHF/UHF ranges, not cable, not satellite). Comedy Central doesn't use public airwaves, does it?
Ah, you've caught me in your little web of truth. I submit defeat. I was just thinking back to a station I worked at that used public airwaves.

I bet that's how they can regulate some stations that don't use public airwaves for video/audio. Some of the lower numbered, maybe some, all, or none now, stations get broadcasted over FM, albeit very faintly. I used to be able to listen to MTV over the radio if I had the antenna setup just right so it was close to a cable outlet.
Old 08-09-08, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wish they would model their DVDs after the Family Guy DVDs. Give the viewers a choice. More extras. More commentaries.
Old 08-10-08, 05:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
I was reading the review on here for the 11th season, and noticed that on that particular season, they don't bleep the bad words. i'd be willing to re buy the early seasons, if they didnt' have bleeps (the club houses episode is especially bad).

would anyone else here be interested in these?
Yeah that would be sweet.
Old 08-11-08, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I always assumed that every time some dialog was bleeped, the unspeakable obscenity being uttered was 'Barbra Streisand."

If they ever issue uncensored editions of the earlier episodes, and I find out that they used something less offensive, I'm going to be bitterly disappointed.
Old 08-11-08, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wergo
I always assumed that every time some dialog was bleeped, the unspeakable obscenity being uttered was 'Barbra Streisand."

If they ever issue uncensored editions of the earlier episodes, and I find out that they used something less offensive, I'm going to be bitterly disappointed.

That's exactly why it's too late to start releasing them uncensored now. Letting your imagination supply the words is half the fun of this show.
Old 10-11-08, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

so, i noticed in the review for the new Cult of Cartman compilation, that all of the episodes are now uncensored. Which makes me wonder, did Matt and Trey change their way, or is this comedy central trying to milk people to buy the shows again.