Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music – Ultimate Collectors Edition ---> 7/28/2009

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music – Ultimate Collectors Edition ---> 7/28/2009

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-09, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music – Ultimate Collectors Edition ---> 7/28/2009

Originally Posted by jjcool
Not really sure what you are looking for. Are you saying you want a 1 disc version of the blue ray release for $20? Is there even a 1 disc version of this release on dvd?
I would like to buy the blu-ray discs without leather fringe, souvenir booklets, paperweights, rolling papers etc. Maybe it would be more than $20 but less than the $40+ I'm seeing.
Old 06-12-09, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Re: Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music – Ultimate Collectors Edition ---> 7/28/2009

Originally Posted by Astrofan
I would like to buy the blu-ray discs without leather fringe, souvenir booklets, paperweights, rolling papers etc. Maybe it would be more than $20 but less than the $40+ I'm seeing.
Yeah, even without all that "extra" stuff, a multi disc blue ray set is gonna cost more than $20.
Old 06-12-09, 06:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jjcool
Yeah, even without all that "extra" stuff, a multi disc blue ray set is gonna cost more than $20.
If you have a multi-region BD player here ya go (about $20 from the UK):

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=4754

Old 06-12-09, 06:42 PM

Despite asking about it earlier, I picked up the Target set. Wow... it is pretty damn big! The only thing it is missing is the fringe slipcover. Apparently the Target set doesn't have it, but it does have everything else and a bonus disc.

The back of the 4th disc lists the following:

WOODSTOCK: UNTOLD STORIES
Includes Performances As Never Before Seen

Canned Heat: Woodstock Boogie
The Who: Sparks
Jimi Hendrix: Spanish Castle MAgic

WOODSTOCK: FROM FESTIVAL TO FEATURE
4 Featurettes Exclusive To This Disc:

Reflections of an Era - Director Michael Wadleigh on 2 signature 1969 events: Woodstock and the Moon Landing

A Farm In Bethel - Reflections on Landholder Max Yasgur's Legacy

Cinematic Revolution - The Origins of the Film's 3-Panel Look

Woodstock Generation - Sons and Daughters of the 1960s Share Their Memories
Old 06-12-09, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by ZT_Styles
Thanks. I wanted to know what the extra performances on that disc were. Never knew that Sha-Na-Na was one of the closing acts, btw.
Old 06-13-09, 03:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Anybody have a review of the Target or Amazon exclusive footage / featurettes?
Old 06-13-09, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by too much
Anybody have a review of the Target or Amazon exclusive footage / featurettes?
id like to know what is on the amazon exclusive as well. the product pages are pretty damn ambiguous.
Old 06-13-09, 09:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hindolio
id like to know what is on the amazon exclusive as well. the product pages are pretty damn ambiguous.
Amazon Exclusive Details
Old 06-14-09, 07:34 AM

Despite asking about it earlier, I picked up the Target set. Wow... it is pretty damn big! The only thing it is missing is the fringe slipcover. Apparently the Target set doesn't have it, but it does have everything else and a bonus disc.

The Target drum-tambourine is seriously cool looking. The Target circular ad didn't do it justice. As soon as I saw it in person, it was mine. It's sure to be the most collectible as well as it is limited to only 25,000 units and has its own exclusive bonus disc.
Old 06-14-09, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by cracksky
If you have a multi-region BD player here ya go (about $20 from the UK):

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=4754

Good eye, but its showing up at 13.98 pounds, which, i think is about $27 last I checked, maybe more. Plus shipping of course.
Old 06-14-09, 03:12 PM
Banned

The latest reviewer at Amazon UK for that R2 BD disc shows that it has the same 4 exclusive featurettes as well as the three extra tracks from the Target edition.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001V7P2MM
Old 06-14-09, 07:48 PM

With the release of the "Woodstock 40th Anniversary Edition" which has the better exclusive? Target or Amazon? After scouring many Target stores I was finally able to get their exclusive but just wondered which one I should have gotten. SD not BD.
Old 06-14-09, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by man*machine
The Target drum-tambourine is seriously cool looking. The Target circular ad didn't do it justice. As soon as I saw it in person, it was mine. It's sure to be the most collectible as well as it is limited to only 25,000 units and has its own exclusive bonus disc.
times two. hundred. thousand.

Originally Posted by cracksky
tytytttyytyytytyttttyyyyyyyyyyytty very much cracksky
Old 06-15-09, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Gerry P.
I've heard there was no footage of this performance. Is one of the discs audio only?
Maybe a bit "buzzed on bourbon" at the moment(and posting prematurely until I've seen the third song), but watching the bonus disc in the Blu-ray set bought at Target at the moment, those first two songs are there, footage and all!
Old 06-16-09, 10:13 PM

Amazon Exclusive Disc:

INCLUDES PERFORMANCES NEVER BEFORE SEEN IN THEIR ENTIRETY.

Grateful Dead: Mama Tried

Jefferson Airplane: Volunteers

Country Joe & the Fish: Not So Sweet Martha Lorraine

3 FEATURETTES EXCLUSIVE TO THIS DISC:

TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES - The Obstacles to a Smoothly Run Festival Posed by Nature and Technology

WOODSTOCK: A TURNING POINT - When Organizers Realized a Concert Became a Statement About Peace

FOOD, LODGING & FIRST AID - Making Adequate Provisions for a Musical Multitude
Old 06-17-09, 06:33 AM

The back of the 4th disc lists the following:

Includes Performances As Never Before Seen

4 Featurettes Exclusive To This Disc:

Reflections of an Era - Director Michael Wadleigh on 2 signature 1969 events: Woodstock and the Moon Landing

A Farm In Bethel - Reflections on Landholder Max Yasgur's Legacy

Cinematic Revolution - The Origins of the Film's 3-Panel Look

Woodstock Generation - Sons and Daughters of the 1960s Share Their Memories
Amazon Exclusive Disc:

INCLUDES PERFORMANCES NEVER BEFORE SEEN IN THEIR ENTIRETY.

Grateful Dead: Mama Tried

Jefferson Airplane: Volunteers

Country Joe & the Fish: Not So Sweet Martha Lorraine

3 FEATURETTES EXCLUSIVE TO THIS DISC:

TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES - The Obstacles to a Smoothly Run Festival Posed by Nature and Technology

WOODSTOCK: A TURNING POINT - When Organizers Realized a Concert Became a Statement About Peace

FOOD, LODGING & FIRST AID - Making Adequate Provisions for a Musical Multitude
Thank you ZT_Styles and erlong, I've been looking for a comparison of the exclusive features. I am assuming that the blu-ray features are the same, can anyone confirm this?

Does anyone know if the Target version is available outside of the fancy box set (and preferably in Blu) ? I haven't watched my Amazon version yet, but I would like to see all of the featurettes, even if that means buying two copies
Old 06-17-09, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by neilo13
Thank you ZT_Styles and erlong, I've been looking for a comparison of the exclusive features. I am assuming that the blu-ray features are the same, can anyone confirm this?

Does anyone know if the Target version is available outside of the fancy box set (and preferably in Blu) ? I haven't watched my Amazon version yet, but I would like to see all of the featurettes, even if that means buying two copies
As cracksky mentioned above, the UK BD appears to have the Target exclusives and sells without the fancy box. If it is region free, I'll likely buy it someday.
Old 06-17-09, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Subgeniusguy
As cracksky mentioned above, the UK BD appears to have the Target exclusives and sells without the fancy box. If it is region free, I'll likely buy it someday.
Sorry, i somehow missed that post. It is certainly worth considering, but is is region locked according to that link
Old 06-18-09, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The US BD is region free. Anybody know about the UK?
Old 06-18-09, 08:03 PM
Banned

I mentioned this in the HD forum but someone suggested that I mention it here. Yesterday I saw at Wal-Mart the BD release and it had a sticker saying that it was a limited edition BD with exclusive content only available at this store. Anyone know if this releases WM is carrying is any different from the Target and Amazon one?
Old 06-19-09, 04:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The UK BD is identical to the US version, with the same subtitles and specs. Same discs.
Old 06-20-09, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Isn't the main Walmart exclusive the fact that they are selling the BD separate from the big box set? It's $29.99 and doesn't come with all the leather jacket and toys and shit.
Old 07-26-09, 05:18 AM

I have a question for anyone who ordered the Amazon Exclusive 4-disc DVD. Does the packaging reflect the Amazon Exclusive 4th disc, or does it just have the normal packaging? I ask because I finally broke down and ordered what is supposed to be the Amazon Exclusive 4-disc version, but when I received it, the packaging doesn't mention the 4th disc at all. It just lists it as a 3-disc set. I just want to know whether I need to go ahead and contact Amazon CS about receiving the wrong version or if I might be safe to go ahead and open it to see if it is the 4-disc version.
Old 07-26-09, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Nope, packaging doesn't say anything, so just have to open it and look inside. I don't remember it having any plastic wrap around it, why not open it?
Old 07-26-09, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by manicsounds
Nope, packaging doesn't say anything, so just have to open it and look inside. I don't remember it having any plastic wrap around it, why not open it?
It had one of those clear circular stickers holding it shut, and I didn't want to break that seal if I new it was the wrong version. I opened it up today, and it was the correct 4-disc version. Thanks for the response.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.