Old 07-27-08, 07:26 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Futurama: "Bender's Game" ---->11/4/08

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/07/26/...-release-date/

DVD & Blu-ray this time around.
Old 07-27-08, 07:38 PM

I can't wait. I've enjoyed the hell out of the first two and am looking forward to this one as well.
Old 07-27-08, 07:53 PM

Benders Big Score was awesome, it may not have been really funny, but the storyline was awesome as I like time travel flicks

I thought Beasts was medicore.

I hope Benders Game is better than Beasts, the preview for it looked pretty good
Old 07-27-08, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
I really didn't like Bender's Big Score that much. It was way too difficult to keep track of the story, couldn't stand the song this time around, and the jokes felt off. On the other hand, I thought Beast With a Billion Backs was a huge step up - the first half had some really funny jokes but it did start to lose steam after the hour mark.

I think that Futurama is having problems figuring out how to balance a 90 minute feature which was a similar problem to The Simpsons feature. Personally, I would probably be happier if they had just brought the show back to DVD as individual half hour or 45 minute segments and put three of them on a disc. I'm just hoping that they figure out how to make this new format work better. And I do hope their sales are good enough to continue after they release the fourth promised DVD.

That being said, after viewing the second feature, I'm in for the third as well. There was enough promise in the second one to warrant it.

This is one of my favorite shows and I do want it to continue to bring the funny.

Michael
Old 07-28-08, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
I liked both of the previous ones. But although these are fun, bring back the series!
Old 07-28-08, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
I thought Bender's Big Score was pretty good and Beasts was even better. Looking forward to the next one!
Old 07-28-08, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
The trailer for this on the Billion Backs dvd makes it look like a real departure for the show - maybe too big a departure...
Old 07-28-08, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
The trailer for this on the Billion Backs dvd makes it look like a real departure for the show - maybe too big a departure...
Considering how mediocre the two films have been, perhaps a massive departure is what the show needs.
Old 07-29-08, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by acdcrocks1980
Benders Big Score was awesome, it may not have been really funny, but the storyline was awesome as I like time travel flicks

I thought Beasts was medicore.

I hope Benders Game is better than Beasts, the preview for it looked pretty good
I didn't care for Benders Big Score when i first got it, but it was on Comedy Central the other night and i watched one part of it and then got tired of the commercials so i threw on the dvd and enjoy it a lot more now. I don't know if Beasts was just that bad that BBS seems that good or what. Beasts could have been the dumbest movie ever and i'd still go to the store first thing on 11/4 to pick up Benders Game. I'm looking forward to it but i am hoping it is a lot better than Beasts.

Originally Posted by macnorton
I liked both of the previous ones. But although these are fun, bring back the series!
As much as i like 88 minutes of Futurama I'd rather have four 22 minute episodes than one long feature length episode. I think the reviewer on this site said something similar for Bender's Big Score.
Old 07-29-08, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I really really enjoyed "Bender's Big Score"... it was an amazing return of a series that I genuinely missed. Not to mention the whole segment about them being being canceled and then brought back was hilarious.

"Billion Backs" on the other hand had some good character moments but the plot was downright horrible.

This title looks like a lot of fun. I think the series could use a departure from their typical story-lines for a movie or so, plus brining them into the fantasy realm could be pure genius. I'll be looking into the blu-ray.
Old 07-29-08, 01:27 PM

Liked the first, loved the second...hopefully the upward trend continues.
Old 08-07-08, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...ders-game.html

Next one is Futurama: In the Wild Green Yonder
Old 08-07-08, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hmm. Any chance they will release all three on one Blu-ray?
Old 08-07-08, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Bender's Game looks like an awesome D&D Adventure!
Old 08-07-08, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Very happy to see this coming on Blu-Ray.

I am a huge Futurama fan and have been watching since day one on Fox (on the days they didn't fuck it over), and I will say this:

Beast With A Billion Backs was absolute shit.

Bender's Big Score was decent but still not as good as anything in the series' run. I didn't think it would get worse though. This new one will hopefully rebound or I will have to assume the Futurama writers are now in the same funk the Simpsons writers have been in for the last 5-6 years.
Old 10-13-08, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Review up at DVDTalk;

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/35041...-benders-game/
Old 11-07-08, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Pretty good. The last act was great!

Also nice to see Daniel Johnston get a little part of a song in a Matt Groening production!