Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Dark Knight: 12-09-08

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Dark Knight: 12-09-08

Old 12-07-08, 04:30 PM
  #326  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Torchur317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Shelbyville, Indiana
Posts: 3,385
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scott1598 View Post
whoa! take it easy now chief or your post count has just hit its limit.
It's not my fault that Xage is very rude & he thinks he knows everything....
I've seen him attack a few others around here for no reason also....
I'm not gonna let it happen to me....
I don't deserve to be banned or suspended because he's a prick....
Torchur317 is offline  
Old 12-07-08, 04:33 PM
  #327  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
gryffinmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ancient City
Posts: 6,546
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Has anyone had problems using the other Papa John's coupons on Blu-rays at Best Buy?
gryffinmaster is offline  
Old 12-07-08, 04:35 PM
  #328  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 774
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow. Getting kinda heated here. Let's get back on topic guys

Originally Posted by CertifiedTHX View Post
So what's the deal with the Circuit City journal? It has the Batman logo on it, but is there anything of importance inside? Or is it an empty book?

--THX
I called a couple of Blockbusters here in Canada which is getting the journal exclusive. A few didn't know what I was talking about. One I called got a copy and told me it was a basically a leather type bound blank notebook. If that happens to be true, that'll knock down my interest in a few notches..
Later
johnsun is offline  
Old 12-07-08, 05:04 PM
  #329  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,232
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by johnsun View Post
I called a couple of Blockbusters here in Canada which is getting the journal exclusive. A few didn't know what I was talking about. One I called got a copy and told me it was a basically a leather type bound blank notebook. If that happens to be true, that'll knock down my interest in a few notches..
Agreed. Best Buy for me, no question. Thank you.

--THX
CertifiedTHX is offline  
Old 12-07-08, 05:15 PM
  #330  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 738
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by johnsun View Post
Wow. Getting kinda heated here. Let's get back on topic guys



I called a couple of Blockbusters here in Canada which is getting the journal exclusive. A few didn't know what I was talking about. One I called got a copy and told me it was a basically a leather type bound blank notebook. If that happens to be true, that'll knock down my interest in a few notches..
Later
Damn. I was assuming it was an actual production journal or something.

So much for that.
Labor is offline  
Old 12-07-08, 05:20 PM
  #331  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,594
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a blank journal?

No thanks.
NiCK Crush is offline  
Old 12-07-08, 05:38 PM
  #332  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 44,408
Received 336 Likes on 297 Posts
Originally Posted by Torchur317 View Post
It's not my fault that Xage is very rude & he thinks he knows everything....
I've seen him attack a few others around here for no reason also....
I'm not gonna let it happen to me....
I don't deserve to be banned or suspended because he's a prick....
maybe so, but calling it out in a forum the way you have is asking for trouble since it is against forum policy. be big, report it, and move on.

Last edited by OldBoy; 12-07-08 at 05:40 PM.
OldBoy is offline  
Old 12-07-08, 06:04 PM
  #333  
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 59
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scott1598 View Post
you could justify it all you want and make up whatever story you want to feel better, but when it comes down to it, no matter what you are bilking them it is not justified. of course if CC was somehow related to the death of your grandma ma by perhaps having the volume set to high on a speaker and your grandma ma walked by it rupturing her ear drum and while in surgery to repair the anesthetic used accidentally stopped her heart and thus could not be revived then... i would say go for it, but maybe leave a nice note explaining it, but not leaving your name.
All right point not taken. I don't need to make up any kind of story or try to justify my doing because I know I'm not doing anything wrong and there are some that would agree and some that won't. I know if your grandmother was buying something at CC and that item rang up more than what its supposes to be and she didn't catch it I know the cashier is not going to tell her your paying more than your supposes to and I'm pretty sure people get screwed like this on a reg and you can't blame the people for being stupid for not knowing either.

P.S. Also if CC ever had any part in killing my grandmother I would burn that place down that you can bank on.
RagingJake21 is offline  
Old 12-07-08, 06:24 PM
  #334  
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 59
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Torchur317 View Post
How so? That dude is "stealing" the slipcover & returning it without the exclusive thing.... That's wrong,There's no way at all to defend that.... I'm not even using the Walgreens coupon I suggested.... I was just putting it out there for people who couldn't get the Papa John's one which I already have.... It's up to the place where you try to use that Walgreens coupon so how is that the same thing? You make no sense at all.... No one is being a hypocrite,You are a moron for even suggesting it....
I'm not "stealing" the slipcover you dick. If you would of read my pervious post I said I would gladly replace the slipcover with the one I got from CH. If I could buy the slipcover I would I have no problem paying a couple of dollars for it. I'm not "stealing" the slipcover more like replacing it and if you think that is wrong go right ahead but saying that I'm stealing it thatís BS.
RagingJake21 is offline  
Old 12-07-08, 06:38 PM
  #335  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,737
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I guess since there's nothing on the journal, I guess it's gonna be Best Buy...

...though I heard that Target might have the documentaries from the Blu-Ray on the standard discs?
ReduxGuy is offline  
Old 12-07-08, 06:39 PM
  #336  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Torchur317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Shelbyville, Indiana
Posts: 3,385
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RagingJake21 View Post
I'm not "stealing" the slipcover you dick. If you would of read my pervious post I said I would gladly replace the slipcover with the one I got from CH. If I could buy the slipcover I would I have no problem paying a couple of dollars for it. I'm not "stealing" the slipcover more like replacing it and if you think that is wrong go right ahead but saying that I'm stealing it that’s BS.
Actually you are stealing the slipcover from CC, Also there is no reason to call me a dick. I was just pointing out the facts, The "Why so serious?" Joker slipcover is the reason most people would buy it from there. Along with Blockbuster Canada with the journal it's their selling point to bring buyers in. You can replace their exclusive slipcover with the standard one but at the end of the day it's still theft. If you wanted that "Why so serious?" Joker slipcover so bad you should have bought it from there. I hope someone catches on to your cheap scam & refuses to take back the copy you basically borrowed to get their exclusive material. Also it screws possible future buyers who came there to get that slipcover/journal combo because that was what got them to
buy the DVD at CC in the first place but guess what? That one copy is gone and replaced with that standard generic slipcover that you can get from anywhere because someone was greedy. That's wrong IMO....
Torchur317 is offline  
Old 12-07-08, 06:42 PM
  #337  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Torchur317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Shelbyville, Indiana
Posts: 3,385
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's a shame that the journal is blank & nothing special....
That makes me not want to get my copy at CC....
I love the "Why so serious?" Joker slipcover but it's not worth it really....
I'll get the Target version if it has exclusive bonus materials on it like Hulk....
If not,I'll get the FYE Steelbook with the rebate even tho I don't like the cover....
Torchur317 is offline  
Old 12-07-08, 06:47 PM
  #338  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mondo Kane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 11,414
Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
The way WB is these days, I'll wait for the eventual Limited Collector's Edition.
Mondo Kane is offline  
Old 12-07-08, 06:48 PM
  #339  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 774
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just courious, was it confirmed it was going to be a slipcover with a hole cut out where the UPC code was? I was expecting it to be some type of slide in from the side box where the UPC would be printed on the box, so it can't be really switched until someone wanted to mangle the box..

I hope to drop by the Blockbuster I called as the guy was describing it like he was examing it in his hands.. He did mention he and a cowork already got at their copy of this exclusive.. I would expect it would be the same sans a sticker since the Hancock pop-up cover and lithograph Blockbuster Canada got was exactly the same as the Target one.. Well, it also had an extra slip of paper attached to the back..
Later
johnsun is offline  
Old 12-07-08, 06:53 PM
  #340  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
JeremyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,413
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by ReduxGuy View Post
Well, I guess since there's nothing on the journal, I guess it's gonna be Best Buy...

...though I heard that Target might have the documentaries from the Blu-Ray on the standard discs?
I hope this is the case, I won't be upgrading to Blu-Ray anytime soon so that would be nice. Guess we'll find out on Tuesday.
JeremyM is offline  
Old 12-07-08, 07:08 PM
  #341  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 42,513
Received 214 Likes on 150 Posts
Originally Posted by Mondo Kane View Post
The way WB is these days, I'll wait for the eventual Limited Collector's Edition.
Well, if the Batman Begins limited collectors edition is anything to go by, don't expect any new material, if and when it comes. Not to mention, it probably won't even come out until the next Batman movie.
slop101 is offline  
Old 12-07-08, 09:02 PM
  #342  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 851
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RagingJake21 View Post
I'm not "stealing" the slipcover you dick. If you would of read my pervious post I said I would gladly replace the slipcover with the one I got from CH. If I could buy the slipcover I would I have no problem paying a couple of dollars for it. I'm not "stealing" the slipcover more like replacing it and if you think that is wrong go right ahead but saying that I'm stealing it that’s BS.
lol. The slipcover won't fit without that journal, but I guess you'll replace that, too. Not only are you flat-out stupid in your argument, your stealing, it's theft. You're wrong. He's right, "you dick."
StephenX is offline  
Old 12-07-08, 09:04 PM
  #343  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,594
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is there any word on what Best Buy will be giving away at the midnight releases?
NiCK Crush is offline  
Old 12-07-08, 09:20 PM
  #344  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: knoxville, tn
Posts: 1,600
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if the journal has anything to do with Bruce's "Black Casebook" journal that's been highlighted prominently in recent issues of Grant Morrison's Batman comic run. Are there any pictures of it anywhere online yet?
canaryfarmer is offline  
Old 12-07-08, 09:47 PM
  #345  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 3,109
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
is there any word on what Best Buy will be giving away at the midnight releases?
Limited supply of Dark Knight Tshirt (looks like similar texture and quality from Iron Man Tshirt Giveaway last Sept.)
xage is offline  
Old 12-07-08, 10:09 PM
  #346  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,594
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xage View Post
Limited supply of Dark Knight Tshirt (looks like similar texture and quality from Iron Man Tshirt Giveaway last Sept.)
interesting, thanks xage
NiCK Crush is offline  
Old 12-07-08, 11:36 PM
  #347  
Moderator
 
nemein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: 1bit away from total disaster
Posts: 34,196
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I know I haven't been around much this weekend, but give me a break... I thought I'd quickly check and make sure everything is ok before calling it a night and imagine my surprise when I find a dozen or so RTPs based on one thread. To be honest I don't have time/willingness to sort through all this now so I'm locking the thread for the moment (w/ apologies to those who attempted to keep the thread on track). Hopefully sometime tomorrow I'll get a chance to sort through it and we'll take it from there.


Last edited by nemein; 12-07-08 at 11:40 PM.
nemein is offline  
Old 12-08-08, 02:44 AM
  #348  
Mod Emeritus
 
benedict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Outside of the U.S.A.
Posts: 10,674
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Torchur317 View Post
It's not my fault that Xage is very rude & he thinks he knows everything....
I've seen him attack a few others around here for no reason also....
I'm not gonna let it happen to me....
I don't deserve to be banned or suspended because he's a prick....
Thankfully, you don't make the decisions with regard to personal attacks. See you in the New Year.
Originally Posted by StephenX View Post
lol. The slipcover won't fit without that journal, but I guess you'll replace that, too. Not only are you flat-out stupid in your argument, your stealing, it's theft. You're wrong. He's right, "you dick."
Sorry but you should know better than this. The more that unhelpful name-calling slips through without administrative action, the more that newer members think that "anything" goes and the less pleasant a place this becomes for calmer folk to chat.
Originally Posted by RagingJake21 View Post
I'm not "stealing" the slipcover you dick. If you would of read my pervious post I said I would gladly replace the slipcover with the one I got from CH. If I could buy the slipcover I would I have no problem paying a couple of dollars for it. I'm not "stealing" the slipcover more like replacing it and if you think that is wrong go right ahead but saying that I'm stealing it thatís BS.
I hope it is clear that we're now going to lose several DVDtalkers for the holiday period with the reason being personal attacks and general intemperate posting that is as odds with what is allowed around here.

I do not propose to become embroiled in correspondence with aggrieved parties but am instead asking for all those involved to take a few deep breaths and come back in January with a resolution to contribute more productively.

For the information of all, anyone who attempts to subvert a suspension by signing up again earns a permanent BAN, no questions asked or answered.

I think this was closed while the unpleasantness was being reviewed. If someone wishes to start a "Part Two", please go ahead.
benedict is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.