DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   The Dark Knight: 12-09-08 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/535255-dark-knight-12-09-08-a.html)

TRC 12-07-08 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush (Post 9116147)
oversized, to fit the journal.

Yes I understand that, but I'm asking if it has both. The Spider-Man 3 exclusive has the standard slipover inside the oversized one. Here's a pic for an example.

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/695...2228kq5.th.jpg

BullGooseLoony 12-07-08 12:51 AM

That's what I thought it was. As I said, that'll go wonderfully with Batman Begins.

Solid Snake 12-07-08 01:15 AM

oh..wow. From what Amazon is telling me...I'm getting TDK Monday. Fuckin' A, sirs.

OldBoy 12-07-08 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by RagingJake21 (Post 9116483)
I don't think I'm "dupeing" the store when all I want is a simple slipcover that cost like twenty cents to make its not I'm keeping the journal or anything just the slipcover. The only reason I'm not keeping the dvd is because I got a good deal at CH which I'm pretty sure will come with a slipcover of its own which I would gladly replace with the CC exclusive but can't because they might think its not there's when I go to return it. There are people on here doing far more worse things to get there hands on just the exclusive from a store and returning the dvd then me who just wants a slipcover. But I'm not going to make a post and be a dick and call them out on because its not my right to each its own. Also you said why don't I use a bag to protect my steelbook its because the bag doesn’t protect the steelbook from getting dents its only good for scratches and since I'm always taking movies to whatch at a friends house a bag just won't cut it. Its amazing to me how you are always the first person to call someone out like your some authority figure I hate when someone does that by trying make someone feel bad and make themselves seem some kind of a saint :rolleyes:

you could justify it all you want and make up whatever story you want to feel better, but when it comes down to it, no matter what you are bilking them it is not justified. of course if CC was somehow related to the death of your grandma ma by perhaps having the volume set to high on a speaker and your grandma ma walked by it rupturing her ear drum and while in surgery to repair the anesthetic used accidentally stopped her heart and thus could not be revived then... i would say go for it, but maybe leave a nice note explaining it, but not leaving your name.

chrisbluedevil 12-07-08 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by scott1598 (Post 9116310)
that is just wrong on 2 levels, 1 is the obvious dupe to the store and the 2nd is why on earth would you want to cover up a SteelBook™ case with a slipcover and if it is for protection, buy a bag! :hscratch:

i don't mind duping the store either. . .i think that the majority of people do not care about the slipcovers or the exclusives. those of us on this board and others like dvdtalk are a rare bunch, imo. as long as you don't open the disc, the store can sell it for the regular price, which is still quite a bit of money in their pockets. i don't think that bestbuy and circuit city will ever go out of business due to 20 cent slipcovers and 1 dollar exclusives. . .

Torchur317 12-07-08 10:19 AM

I agree with scott1598,I also think it's wrong to do that....

Torchur317 12-07-08 10:20 AM

In this Sunday's ad for Walgreens,there is a $3 off coupon for The Dark Knight & Horton Hears a Who!
Not sure if anyone else will price match these but just giving a heads up on it....

chrisbluedevil 12-07-08 10:33 AM

i can't really make an argument that says it is not wrong or sinful. . .i just have a difficult time feeling sorry for stores when i do take items back. i obviously see where people can feel that is is a wrong thing to do but i just don't have the money to buy all of the dvd's and as a collector with OCD, that is the only way i can cope, haha! to each their own. . .

ds6161 12-07-08 11:49 AM

On DVD, is the single disk exactly the same as the movie disc of the 2 disc Spec edt.??

Also Pappa Johns pizza is suppost to have a $3 off DK coupon. The flyer I got shows 2 lg pizza's for $10 each. Does anyone know if the coupon comes with "any" order??

JeremyM 12-07-08 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by yourlocalcinema (Post 9116504)
I read over on slashfilm that some Best Buy and Circuit City stores are doing a midnight launch. Anyone know if there's a list anywhere of which specific locations will be participating?

EDIT - to answer my own question, here is a list of the Best Buy stores. Anyone know of a CC list anywhere?

Thanks for that, I just went to Best Buy's suggested site from the ad and they don't even have a list. I only want to go to pick up the exclusive Batman figure for a cheap but cool gift for a friend of mine who loves Batman figures, but isn't a big enough DVD geek to know about that particular figure. The website only has the Joker figure available.

Does anyone know if Target's DVD set has exclusive content, or just the packaging? Iron Man didn't have extra content while Hulk did- their ads are really bad about distinguishing whether or not they have extra content.

OldBoy 12-07-08 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by chrisbluedevil (Post 9117184)
i don't mind duping the store either. . .i think that the majority of people do not care about the slipcovers or the exclusives. those of us on this board and others like dvdtalk are a rare bunch, imo. as long as you don't open the disc, the store can sell it for the regular price, which is still quite a bit of money in their pockets. i don't think that bestbuy and circuit city will ever go out of business due to 20 cent slipcovers and 1 dollar exclusives. . .

it's not my point that the stores will be out even .01. i guess if you don't get it you will never get it.

chrisbluedevil 12-07-08 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598 (Post 9117394)
it's not my point that the stores will be out even .01. i guess if you don't get it you will never get it.

fair enough. . .agree to disagree. take care. . .

MadonnasManOne 12-07-08 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by ds6161 (Post 9117364)
On DVD, is the single disk exactly the same as the movie disc of the 2 disc Spec edt.??

Also Pappa Johns pizza is suppost to have a $3 off DK coupon. The flyer I got shows 2 lg pizza's for $10 each. Does anyone know if the coupon comes with "any" order??

I can't answer your first question. I don't see why they would be any different, but, I can't be sure.

As for the Papa John's coupon, it comes with any pizza order. I recently ordered a Large BBQ Chicken and Bacon Pizza, and got a free Medium Cheese Pizza (using the Facebook code that Papa John's offered for those who became a "fan" of Papa John's through Facebook). The order came to $16.50 with tax, and both boxes the Pizza came in had the coupon! I was happy, since I'm actually buying more than one copy of The Dark Knight!

PrometheusUFO 12-07-08 02:30 PM

According to the DVDTalk review, the Blu-ray has three discs. So does that mean it will be in a thicker case than usual (like the PS3 game case, only blue)? I bought my first Blu-ray just last week (Narnia Prince Caspian 3-disc) and really liked the thicker case it came in better than the basic case with that annoying snap tab on it. :(

gryffinmaster 12-07-08 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by PrometheusUFO (Post 9117641)
According to the DVDTalk review, the Blu-ray has three discs. So does that mean it will be in a thicker case than usual (like the PS3 game case, only blue)? I bought my first Blu-ray just last week (Narnia Prince Caspian 3-disc) and really liked the thicker case it came in better than the basic case with that annoying snap tab on it. :(

I wouldn't bring this up around anyone who purchased Speed Racer. They'll tell you what they really think -- and rightfully so, from what I understand of the frail packaging.

Willh51 12-07-08 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by PrometheusUFO (Post 9117641)

Granted I haven't seen TDK yet, but NO I don't think it will be like Narnia or Wall*E 3-disc Blu-rays. It will be like Get Smart and Speed Racer which are the normal size and thickness, still have an inner tray and are prone to breaking.

Nick Martin 12-07-08 03:06 PM

The FIREFLY Blu-ray set is 3 discs in a standard-sized BD case with the inner tray.

Hasn't broken or anything, but I'm being careful with it anyway.

xage 12-07-08 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Torchur317 (Post 9117237)
I agree with scott1598,I also think it's wrong to do that....

Dont be a hypocrite, from your post below you are also suggesting to dupe CC or Bestbuy's "pricematch policy" by presenting a Walgreens Internal $3 off coupon.

Originally Posted by Torchur317 (Post 9117239)
In this Sunday's ad for Walgreens,there is a $3 off coupon for The Dark Knight & Horton Hears a Who!
Not sure if anyone else will price match these but just giving a heads up on it....

CertifiedTHX 12-07-08 03:27 PM

So what's the deal with the Circuit City journal? It has the Batman logo on it, but is there anything of importance inside? Or is it an empty book?

--THX

xage 12-07-08 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by CertifiedTHX (Post 9117727)
So what's the deal with the Circuit City journal? It has the Batman logo on it, but is there anything of importance inside? Or is it an empty book?

--THX

No One has it, No One has ever bought it... to answer the importance of that journal.

Will you be buying it come Tuesday?

Torchur317 12-07-08 03:43 PM

Fuck you fanboy,Go brag about wasting more $ on multiple additions somewhere else....

Originally Posted by xage (Post 9117721)
Dont be a hypocrite, from your post below you are also suggesting to dupe CC or Bestbuy's "pricematch policy" by presenting a Walgreens Internal $3 off coupon.

How so? That dude is "stealing" the slipcover & returning it without the exclusive thing.... That's wrong,There's no way at all to defend that.... I'm not even using the Walgreens coupon I suggested.... I was just putting it out there for people who couldn't get the Papa John's one which I already have.... It's up to the place where you try to use that Walgreens coupon so how is that the same thing? You make no sense at all.... No one is being a hypocrite,You are a moron for even suggesting it....

Xbox69 12-07-08 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 9116946)
oh..wow. From what Amazon is telling me...I'm getting TDK Monday. Fuckin' A, sirs.

Depending on what time your mail carrier delivers that could be some 12+ hours before (midnight) release!!! Hey, I'd be excited too. ;)

OldBoy 12-07-08 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Torchur317 (Post 9117757)
Fuck you fanboy,Go brag about wasting more $ on multiple additions somewhere else....

How so? That dude is "stealing" the slipcover & returning it without the exclusive thing.... That's wrong,There's no way at all to defend that.... I'm not even using the Walgreens coupon I suggested.... I was just putting it out there for people who couldn't get the Papa John's one which I already have.... It's up to the place where you try to use that Walgreens coupon so how is that the same thing? You make no sense at all.... No one is being a hypocrite,You are a moron for even suggesting it....

whoa! take it easy now chief or your post count has just hit its limit.

The Cow 12-07-08 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by xage (Post 9117734)
No One has it, No One has ever bought it... to answer the importance of that journal.

In other words, you don't know.

CertifiedTHX 12-07-08 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by xage (Post 9117734)

I won't; the Joker card at Best Buy is more appealing. I was just wondering if anyone had insider knowledge of the journal prior to release.

--THX