DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   The Dark Knight: 12-09-08 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/535255-dark-knight-12-09-08-a.html)

ceeece 11-25-08 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony (Post 9092364)
Screw features, FYE has it in a steelbook.

And on that basis alone, I'm content.

My thoughts exactly!

rmick 11-25-08 08:52 AM

On another note, where is everyone going to shelf this? Right next to Batman Begins, or with the letter "D" for those that organize alphabetically?

canaryfarmer 11-25-08 10:24 AM

Under "T", for "The". Nah, I'm just going to stick it after Begins.

Solid Snake 11-25-08 10:26 AM

Next to Batman Begins..

ReduxGuy 11-25-08 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by tanman (Post 9093142)
Yeah that's what I'm wondering. Why does everyone think Dark Knight will get a much better release down the road?

Because as of now, it looks to be the first movie to win the WB a Best Picture Oscar since... Million Dollar Baby?

NiCK Crush 11-25-08 11:45 AM

i hope my Best Buy has a midnight release.. i'll be all over it.

DiedLaughing 11-25-08 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by howwon (Post 9010328)
snausages from SteelBook Hunterz broke the news last night about the 6 exclusive SteelBooks at FYE.

Batman Cover
Joker Cover
Harvey Dent Cover

3 SteelBooks
3 Blu-ray SteelBooks

This is 100 % not true. FYE/TWEC Stores will only have 1 steelbook for the 2 disc DVD. Nothing More. The cover features Batman on the bike and has the Joker on the back. So don't bank getting anything more Steelbook wise as of right now. Also, if you don't pre-order this one you might just not get yer hands on it...

http://www.fye.com/The-Dark-Knight--...VVviewprod.htm

CombatCraig 11-25-08 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by DiedLaughing (Post 9093974)
This is 100 % not true. FYE/TWEC Stores will only have 1 steelbook for the 2 disc DVD. Nothing More. The cover features Batman on the bike and has the Joker on the back. If yer banking on getting these at FYE, you are are going to be let down come Dec. 9th.

Yeah I saw the picture somewhere else on the internets. That would make sense why the guy at my store kept saying they were only getting the Joker SB in.

Still looks like the coolest option for me "extras" wise (except for the no documentaries on the DVD :down:)

Poolqueen 11-25-08 01:21 PM

Dark knight is released!!!

Just to let everyone know, I just purchased "DARK KNIGHT" at Blockbuster today. The girl at the counter said that another store had released it early so they were allowed to as well!!

chris_sc77 11-25-08 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by ReduxGuy (Post 9093855)
Because as of now, it looks to be the first movie to win the WB a Best Picture Oscar since... Million Dollar Baby?

But that hasnt been re-released in a better DVD edition. Just the two-disk edition that had a couple of crappy featurettes on it. Just like Dark KNight.

Chaz05 11-25-08 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by rmick (Post 9093484)
On another note, where is everyone going to shelf this? Right next to Batman Begins, or with the letter "D" for those that organize alphabetically?

I organize alphabetically, but I have all of my batman movies/seasons lumped together under "B." So The Dark Knight will be behind Batman Begins.

Zodiac_Speaking 11-25-08 02:24 PM

I think I'll put in under "D" in my BD section.

BullGooseLoony 11-25-08 03:48 PM

I think I'll put it under "G" for "Greatest movie ever made."

Boba Fett 11-25-08 04:40 PM

I'll file it under M for Movies Where Morgan Freeman Wears a Bowtie

BrandonJF 11-25-08 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony (Post 9094401)
I think I'll put it under "G" for "Greatest movie ever made."

haha. Awesome.

Nick Martin 11-25-08 04:47 PM

Good idea. That's what I'll do!

:)

TheDuke 11-25-08 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Poolqueen (Post 9094065)
Just to let everyone know, I just purchased "DARK KNIGHT" at Blockbuster today. The girl at the counter said that another store had released it early so they were allowed to as well!!

As they say on the internet, "pics or it didn't happen". I'm not getting my hopes up though.

wm lopez 11-25-08 05:22 PM

But you must have paid full list price.

Kal Varnsen 11-25-08 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by DiedLaughing (Post 9093974)
This is 100 % not true. FYE/TWEC Stores will only have 1 steelbook for the 2 disc DVD. Nothing More. The cover features Batman on the bike and has the Joker on the back. So don't bank getting anything more Steelbook wise as of right now. Also, if you don't pre-order this one you might just not get yer hands on it...

http://www.fye.com/The-Dark-Knight--...VVviewprod.htm

Anyone see the blu ray steelbook on the website?

The Monkees 11-25-08 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by wm lopez (Post 9094578)
But you must have paid full list price.

That's odd, I work at Blockbuster haven't heard anything about this yet. Last year the same thing happened with Rush Hour 3 and one other movie Wal-Mart put them out early and we were allowed to as well, though I don't see this happening with this movie in ALL locations.

BrandonJF 11-25-08 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Kal Varnsen (Post 9094776)
Anyone see the blu ray steelbook on the website?

FYE isn't selling a Blu-Ray steelbook.

NiCK Crush 11-29-08 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by musick (Post 9101339)
Target case looks good (like IM)
Best Buy replica masks don't ... epecially for 10 bones more
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n46/Zip3kx07/07.jpg

MadonnasManOne 11-30-08 12:07 AM

Man, Best Buy really sucks, this go round! I was thinking they'd have a better offer than a free The Joker playing card with the purchase. Damn! I've already pre-ordered from there. I guess I'll just get the single disc at Best Buy, and go to Target to get the 2-Disc Deluxe Edition w/Batman Mask!

Also, as usual, Oklahoma is left out of the Midnight openings. I really hate that. I would think Tulsa, Oklahoma would have enough people to warrant a Midnight release!

BullGooseLoony 11-30-08 08:55 AM

Is there a pic of the Target Exclusive w/ the mask?

DeanoBKN 11-30-08 09:27 AM

I believe you. My local Blockbuster (which is a franchise) breaks street date every week like clockwork. By Friday, the next Tuesday's new releases are all available to rent or purchase. They never discount their new merchandise though, so at $39.99 or whatever it is, I can hold off a couple more days on the Blu-Ray Dark Knight.