Nightmare Before Christmas 2 disc 8/26

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Nightmare Before Christmas 2 disc 8/26

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-08, 06:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just watched the movie with the commentaries. Unfortunately it's edited together from 3 different ones. I might be mistaken, but it seemed to me that all Henry Sellick pieces were from the old commentary; I was too lazy to check. The most you hear from Elfman and he's very enthusiastic about it. Burton is in his usual style, but since they edited all the silence out I think it's the best Burton commentary to date of all I've listened to.
The new Frankenweenie introduction is basically Burton saying that there's going to be a full length feature animation based on his original designs for the project (If you're a Tim Burton fan you should already know this).
Old 08-26-08, 06:38 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
Originally Posted by kstublen
I admire you scott. I wanted to not get it because it was so expensive, but I couldn't control myself. My hat is off to you for having the willpower to take it back and return it.
thanks k.

it wasn't easy, believe me. i love these things usually and was gung-ho about getting it up until 11am today, but i don't really have any others, i don't have a true passion for the movie itself (though i do like it a lot), so i figured i would only be getting it for the rare, i'm the only kid on my block value...then i thought, nah.
Old 08-26-08, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have no clue how limited it is, but seeing as how this is Disney, I don't doubt it is strictly limited. They are numbered; mine is either 6,292 or 6,929 (can't remember which and don't feel like taking it back outta the box).

The greedy part of me debated buying two and putting it on Amazon or eBay, but it's just too damn big to have two of 'em sitting around.
Old 08-26-08, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought about getting two also, but I didn't want to be greedy. To be honest, if I can't sell it for a nice profit, I'll probably end up returning it. Kudos scott for showing us what willpower is all about
Old 08-26-08, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

for those who got the limited set...show us some pix please!
Old 08-26-08, 09:19 PM

Is this worth getting if I already own the Special Edition?

This is one of my favorite movies of all time. I don't own a blu-ray player and am just wondering if it's worth it for me to get this new edition.

Thanks!
Old 08-26-08, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by JonKramer991
Going for big bucks on Amazon and Ebay already, saw one on Amazon for $300 and another on Ebay for over $400!
Just because it's listed at those prices, doesn't mean they're selling for those prices. In fact, a $155 BIN is the highest it sold for.
Old 08-26-08, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I didn't see any sets at Best Buy today when I picked up the new Stooges set. They must have gotten a real small supply in.

I saw three people grab the new DVD though. Didn't know it had that big of a following. I saw it in theaters in '93 and haven't seen it since. Just doesn't appeal to me any more I suppose.
Old 08-26-08, 11:31 PM
TRC

Originally Posted by The No Man
Is this worth getting if I already own the Special Edition?

This is one of my favorite movies of all time. I don't own a blu-ray player and am just wondering if it's worth it for me to get this new edition.

Thanks!
I'd say it's worth getting just for the anamorphic transfer. The new extras are just the icing on the cake.

If you do plan on getting Blu-Ray in the near future however you might as well wait until then. That's what I'm doing.
Old 08-27-08, 01:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can anyone tell me how much space the digital copy takes up? I would like to know because I only have so much room on my ipod, and am just curious if I have enough space before going through the whole process.

Thanks!
Old 08-27-08, 09:15 AM
cms

Originally Posted by animatedude
for those who got the limited set...show us some pix please!
here's a couple... the rubberband around the base came there to hold the back drawer shut in box.

Old 08-27-08, 10:57 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I broke down and bought the same thing yesterday cms, the Best Buy near my job only had one in stock.
Old 08-27-08, 11:30 AM
cms

Originally Posted by Giles
I broke down and bought the same thing yesterday cms, the Best Buy near my job only had one in stock.
Same with mine, I'm sure. The lady who handled my instore pickup mentioned it was the only one they had. I did see one at target later, for the same price, but it was on one of their new release shelfs, half hanging off the ledge waiting for someone to bump into the thing and watch it fall.
Old 08-27-08, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by cms
Same with mine, I'm sure. The lady who handled my instore pickup mentioned it was the only one they had. I did see one at target later, for the same price, but it was on one of their new release shelfs, half hanging off the ledge waiting for someone to bump into the thing and watch it fall.
the lady at the best buy was struggling to put it on the display shelf, she gave up and had put back in storage - when I came back to the store in the afternoon, I enquired if the 'DVD head' was gone, the guy knew exactly what I was talking about, went in the room, and gave it to me to purchase... in a way, I was hoping it might have sold, then I wouldn't have spent over a hundred bucks but, hey... it's a collectable.
Old 08-27-08, 12:10 PM
cms

the lady at the best buy was struggling to put it on the display shelf, she gave up and had put back in storage - when I came back to the store in the afternoon, I enquired if the 'DVD head' was gone, the guy knew exactly what I was talking about, went in the room, and gave it to me to purchase... in a way, I was hoping it might have sold, then I wouldn't have spent over a hundred bucks but, hey... it's a collectable.
True, it's not for everyone. I can see why just a casual fan or someone who doesn't need a big bust would want it, but since my wife and myself have been collecting nightmare stuff for a long time, we we're sold when I first saw it. I just figure I'm paying 20 for the dvd and a 100 for the bust with sound motion, which for it's size isn't too unreasonable. The real question is where to put this thing.
Old 08-27-08, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by cms
True, it's not for everyone. I can see why just a casual fan or someone who doesn't need a big bust would want it, but since my wife and myself have been collecting nightmare stuff for a long time, we we're sold when I first saw it. I just figure I'm paying 20 for the dvd and a 100 for the bust with sound motion, which for it's size isn't too unreasonable. The real question is where to put this thing.

how very true.
Old 08-27-08, 12:31 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
Originally Posted by mrstaypuft
can anyone tell me how much space the digital copy takes up? I would like to know because i only have so much room on my ipod, and am just curious if i have enough space before going through the whole process.

Thanks!
898.2 mb
Old 08-27-08, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

thanks for the pix....man i'm so disappointed to see the ultimate set go OOP that fast..i don't remember any limited editions from BV went OOP that fast..
Old 08-27-08, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Amazon shipped my order via UPS yesterday. It's in my area now so hopefully, someone will be home to accept it! I saw it at Target last night and didn't realize how freakin' big it is! I really don't know where I'm sticking it.
Old 08-27-08, 01:09 PM

I should have done Amazon, but seeing how big and heavy it is, I'm a tad glad I went the Best Buy route and saw the condition it was, I'm not saying Disney would enclose it willy nilly, but when I took it out of it's box and really held it my hands it also seemed fragile. Whereas I would have gotten triple points from Amazon, I do also have a Best Buy rewards card
Old 08-27-08, 01:23 PM

Just got one from local BB, they only had 1 more left. My limited edition number: 14,223.
Old 08-27-08, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by dvd_freak
Just got one from local BB, they only had 1 more left. My limited edition number: 14,223.
I must admit, I haven't looked at my # (der!) but the Tenleytown location only got one to sell, how many of these were made/distributed?
Old 08-27-08, 04:39 PM

I must admit, I haven't looked at my # (der!) but the Tenleytown location only got one to sell, how many of these were made/distributed?
No idea. Apparently they are available on the Disney store online for $129 and $149 from the Disney DVD Club. No idea why club members are being charged $20 extra.
Old 08-27-08, 09:30 PM

I just came back from several stores and to my disappointment...EVERY store i went to was sold out of the bluray!!! I got a raincheck at Target so hopefully they get more in stock soon. I also saw a collector's one at Target and considered buying it but the packaging was damaged quite a bit and when i asked the employee he told me it was the only one they received so i decided against buying it. Anybody else having problems finding the bluray version?
Old 08-27-08, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by giles
i must admit, i haven't looked at my # (der!) but the tenleytown location only got one to sell, how many of these were made/distributed?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.