Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - VI

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-08, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Music
You didn't like the already existing and running sequel thread here?: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=535700

No I did not. LOL. I didn't notice it. My bad.
Old 07-20-08, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sweet deal. I also did the same but instead the total came to be about 131 bucks. I used the two day shipping method.
Same Here. I hope they pack it well, that's my only worry but getting a set for only 131 bucks shipped is beyond great. If it comes bent & dented, I'll handle it accordingly. Thanks for the coupon.
Old 07-20-08, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was at Best Buy today picking up a DVD player and i went to Wrestling section and shockingly i saw 1 Summerslam Anthology sets on the bottom shelf. It was $199.99 Canadian but i thought what the hell!, it would be cool having it couple of weeks early so i take it to cashier and he was trying to ring it through but couldn't because it had a street date lock and not to sell before August 5, the manager was near there as well and he said "we apologize for that, but we can't sell that, it was put out by mistake, and if the distributer found out they could give out a big fine", so he take that 1 set with him to the back. Now i can't wait til Aug. 5 knowing that some stores have it in stock.

I gotta say the set looked awesome in person, the "cooler type" packaging was pretty awesome looking and will look great on the shelf. it was a little wider than the Wrestlemania and Royal Rumble Antholgy sets.
Old 07-20-08, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sg2386
I was at Best Buy today picking up a DVD player and i went to Wrestling section and shockingly i saw 1 Summerslam Anthology sets on the bottom shelf. It was $199.99 Canadian but i thought what the hell!, it would be cool having it couple of weeks early so i take it to cashier and he was trying to ring it through but couldn't because it had a street date lock and not to sell before August 5, the manager was near there as well and he said "we apologize for that, but we can't sell that, it was put out by mistake, and if the distributer found out they could give out a big fine", so he take that 1 set with him to the back. Now i can't wait til Aug. 5 knowing that some stores have it in stock.

I gotta say the set looked awesome in person, the "cooler type" packaging was pretty awesome looking and will look great on the shelf. it was a little wider than the Wrestlemania and Royal Rumble Antholgy sets.
How did it feel, Material wise? Was the cooler made out of styrofoam or just cardboard?
Old 07-20-08, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by shacmasta
How did it feel, Material wise? Was the cooler made out of styrofoam or just cardboard?
It was the same material used for the Wrestlemania and Royal Rumble box; a hard cardboard.

There was a lid on top and it looked like the 4 volumes inside were put horizontally instead of vertical (thats my guess).

Last edited by sg2386; 07-20-08 at 02:56 PM.
Old 07-20-08, 06:26 PM

Not to be a jerk or anything...but what the hell kind of wrestling fan are you anyway? You should have kicked the damn manager in the stomach, given him a stunner and taken the set!
Old 07-20-08, 07:46 PM

I saw it here at my local store (In Europe) Region 1 for £150, I would have bought it but I only need the last Volume so what's the point?
Old 07-20-08, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

looks like ROHwrestling has the new TNA Bloodiest Brawls: Scars and Stitches in stock. Heres the match listing for it:

TNA Wrestling Home Video presents "The Best Of The Bloodiest Brawls: Scars and Stitches" featuring the most out-of-control barbaric and brutal matches in Total Nonstop Action. The DVD features bouts such as the Six Sides Of Steel, The Doomsday Chamber Of Blood, and the hellish Barbed Wire Massacre. TNA Superstars featured on this DVD include Samoa Joe Kurt Angle Sting Abyss Christian Cage AJ Styles Jeff Jarrett Rhino The Latin American Xchange and more!

1. World Title Match: Jeff Jarrett vs. Rhino (Turning Point 2005)
2. Lethal Lockdown: Sting, AJ Styles, Ron Killings, & Rhino vs. Jeff Jarrett, Scott Steiner, and America's Most Wanted (lockdown 2005)
3. Six Sides of Steel: AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels vs. LAX (Bound For Glory 2006)
4. Barbed Wire Cage Match: Rhino vs. Christian Cage (Impact, November 2006)
5. Match of the Decade: Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe (Genesis 2006)
6. Last Rites Match: Sting vs. Abyss (Destination X 2007)
7. Texas Death Match: James Storm vs. Chris Harris (Sacrifice 2007)
8. No DQ: Abyss vs. Tomko (Slammiversary 2007)
9. Barbed Wire Massacre Match: Anyss vs. Judas Mesias (Against All Odds 2008)

i will probably get it since its not suppose to be released in stores til August 5.

But i don't get why Joe/Angle from Genesis 06 is included, it wasn't really a brawl and there was blood but hardly any.

Last edited by sg2386; 07-20-08 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-20-08, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
ROH generally has TNA discs available a couple of weeks before they retail. I happened to get lucky and ordered it on the last day of the 30% off sale.
Old 07-21-08, 12:42 AM

Wow, my FYE should be in huge trouble then because they have been breaking date for over 2 years now.
Old 07-21-08, 01:03 AM

Does anybody have Undertaker: The Phenom for sale/for trade? The one I "bought" for $25 from Amazon last month turned out to be a fraud (the guy didn't send or have it at all and was just forced to refund my $$$)

Originally Posted by drew4824
Wow, my FYE should be in huge trouble then because they have been breaking date for over 2 years now.
I've never had a local store with the marbles to release early
Old 07-21-08, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DerangedHermit
Does anybody have Undertaker: The Phenom for sale/for trade? The one I "bought" for $25 from Amazon last month turned out to be a fraud (the guy didn't send or have it at all and was just forced to refund my $$$)

I've never had a local store with the marbles to release early
I used get most of the ppvs and most superstar releases few weeks early in 2003-2005, but since then most stores near me don't put them out early.

I remember i got Hard Knocks Chris Benoit Story about a month before it was released in US and Canada (both had the same release date).

The last one i saw on the shelf early was the Wrestlemania Anthology, but it was on the shelf 2 days before street date but didn't bother since it was $269.99 Canadian and another store had it $199.99 on release. But since most retails have the street date lock on their computer which forbids them to ring the sale before release date.

I think few people here will be able to acquire the Summerslam Anthology early (i say by late next week). Last year couple of people here got the Rumble anthology couple of weeks before and posted pics so i could see the same thing again happening.

Last edited by sg2386; 07-21-08 at 01:17 AM.
Old 07-21-08, 07:41 AM

The Summerslam Anthology is released in the UK on Wednesday 30th July at a retail price of £129.99 which is US $258.50. You can also buy all the separate volumes for £34.99 which is US $69.58. I'm not sure whether you can buy the separate volumes in the US as of yet?. Yet again though the US get the best price as you can order it from amazon.com for US $189.99 which equates to £95.54.

So it seems as though the UK are getting the Summerslam Anthology 6 days before its US release. I have it pre ordered and I will get some detailed pictures posted on the release date.
Old 07-21-08, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The individual volumes will most likely won't be released in the US and Canada yet. I say sometime early next year when they discontinue the boxset.

Thats usually what they do.
Old 07-21-08, 11:00 AM

Weird... Canadian Best Buys (and Future Shops,) must use a different POS system? I work at a Best Buy here in the US and there are no "Street date locks." POS does not check/verify street dates, and in the past when stuff has accidentally been put out early, it rings out just fine.

I have been checking in our inventory program daily, and although all of the stores have 2-6 on order, nobody will get their shipment to probably the beginning of August.
Old 07-21-08, 11:49 AM

I know the K-Mart near me has a street date lock. Late last year when the World Class dvd came out, they had it out on the shelf the week before it's street date. I took it up to buy it, and they wouldn't let me buy it. I was disappointed, but then they have to obey he rules.
Old 07-22-08, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just picked up the PWG DVD...great stuff. Really crappy packaging though.

Also, horrible camera work when the fight goes outside during the Adam Pearce/Kazarian match up.

So far so good though. I'm through the first disc.

= J
Old 07-22-08, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

for people who don't know WWE.com has a voting for their favourite Starrcade matches, its for WWE 24/7, but it could also be for the DVD thats coming out in November.

Last edited by sg2386; 07-22-08 at 11:00 AM.
Old 07-23-08, 09:24 AM

I don't think the DVD will be happening now. It'll just be a WWE 24/7 thing.

Anyway, please vote for Flair-Luger from '88. I need a good copy of that match from
the PPV master! Also, vote for the Starrcade '89 matches. I haven't seen that one in
a long time. I don't think the PPV was very good, but that's the one major Sting-Flair
match I don't have.

http://survey.wwe.com/starrcade/
Old 07-23-08, 11:46 AM

Cover Art for this years Great American Bash:

Old 07-23-08, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

pretty cool cover.

I am guessing one of the extras will be Edge/Vickie reception where HHH comes out and an interview, likely with Jericho or CM Punk.

Thats seems to be the format for their ppv extras, 1 segment or highlight and a post-show interview.
Old 07-23-08, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What's the best price on the Summerslam Anthology right now? Best I've been able to find is $144.13 from Family Video...anything better?
Old 07-23-08, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by abrg923
What's the best price on the Summerslam Anthology right now? Best I've been able to find is $144.13 from Family Video...anything better?
Borders has a 40% off coupon right now that knocks it down to $118. With shipping and tax, my order came to $130. Go back about 30 posts or so to get the promo code.
Old 07-24-08, 11:59 AM
Ram
Banned

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
Borders has a 40% off coupon right now that knocks it down to $118. With shipping and tax, my order came to $130. Go back about 30 posts or so to get the promo code.
It's $124.77 US shipped to Canada. Awesome.
Old 07-25-08, 03:02 PM

Next Tagged Classics:

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.