Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - VI

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-08, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did anyone preorder the Flair DVD w/ t-shirt from WWE.COM? Did you get yours yet?

This is unbelievable... still don't have mine!!!
Old 07-11-08, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I picked up Flair tonight at Future Shop for 22.99 and also grabbed the WM24 tin from Best Buy for 26.99. Both good prices.

I really enjoyed the Flair documentary. While I agree that some WCW parts were rushed over, I'm glad that it did not dwell too much on the negative. Ric Flair's recent retirement should be celebrated and enjoyed, so it's pretty much 2 feel good hours and a great sendoff. Flair's career can be better documented through a long and detailed book. I have not read Flair's book yet, but it's had mixed reviews.

I'm satisfied with the DVD for sure and will probably re-watch it more than other DVDs for the pure pleasure of just celebrating the man and what he means to our favorite sport. Until a 6 disc Flair box set comes out...lol, this is just fine by me. Highly Recommended!
Old 07-12-08, 12:35 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by espin
I picked up Flair tonight at Future Shop for 22.99 and also grabbed the WM24 tin from Best Buy for 26.99. Both good prices.

I really enjoyed the Flair documentary. While I agree that some WCW parts were rushed over, I'm glad that it did not dwell too much on the negative. Ric Flair's recent retirement should be celebrated and enjoyed, so it's pretty much 2 feel good hours and a great sendoff. Flair's career can be better documented through a long and detailed book. I have not read Flair's book yet, but it's had mixed reviews.

I'm satisfied with the DVD for sure and will probably re-watch it more than other DVDs for the pure pleasure of just celebrating the man and what he means to our favorite sport. Until a 6 disc Flair box set comes out...lol, this is just fine by me. Highly Recommended!
Well, technically we do have a 6-disc Flair set if you count this one and the first one
Old 07-12-08, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by CSUMB84
Well, technically we do have a 6-disc Flair set if you count this one and the first one
Or an 8-disk set if you count this one, the first one, and the Four Horsemen one!
Old 07-12-08, 01:58 AM

I bought the Flair set and PWG Sells Out today - I've completely finished disc 1 and loved it, and enjoyed what I've seen of Sells Out, although I'm not a fan of how they packaged it - with each disc stacked right on top of each other - fortunately, I have some DVD separators from some DVD-R packs, so this isn't a huge issue for me, but it's something they should address in the next release. There also aren't any match listings inside the packaging (or on it), which requires me to print out my own, just like the five-disc Wrestling Gold set.

Last edited by JPeeples; 07-12-08 at 03:07 AM.
Old 07-12-08, 04:26 AM

For anyone who might be interested, I was reading on a website that the next Tagged Classics to come out on dvd is going to be...

Bad Blood 2003 / Vengeance 2003
SummerSlam 2003 / Unforgiven 2003

Both of these have a release date for Sept. 02, 2008
Old 07-12-08, 04:50 AM

I'm happy about the Vengeance/Bad Blood set, as I don't have either event, and Vengeance has fantastic reviews, while Bad Blood has a couple of matches on it I'd like to see.
Old 07-12-08, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Did anyone preorder the Flair DVD w/ t-shirt from WWE.COM? Did you get yours yet?

This is unbelievable... still don't have mine!!!

i just got the ric dvd and book package (was only 20 bux for both)

so you should get your soon

i also ordered the bret hart dvd with wings tshirt ($16 for both!)

+ they got codes for 10% off or free SH after $60

not bad really
Old 07-12-08, 10:00 AM

anyone know if the summerslam anthology will come in volumes? i already own '98-present ('98 on vhs and 99-present on dvd) so i really only need 1st 10
Old 07-12-08, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Scarface83
anyone know if the summerslam anthology will come in volumes? i already own '98-present ('98 on vhs and 99-present on dvd) so i really only need 1st 10
The individual volumes probably won't be sold til likely next year. I am pretty sure for like the first few months they will sell the boxset then once it goes OOP they will release the volumes. They did this for the Royal Rumble Anthology which i think they started selling individually around Nov/Dec. of last year and they set was released March.
Old 07-12-08, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Scarface83
i just got the ric dvd and book package (was only 20 bux for both)

so you should get your soon
Hopefully... in case it never comes, I brokedown and bought it at Best Buy last night before the $19.99 sale ran out. I'll give the other copy to my brother as a Christmas present. (That Sting/Flair match was the one that made him a wrestling fan).

Last edited by nodeerforamonth; 07-12-08 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-12-08, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by sg2386
The individual volumes probably won't be sold til likely next year. I am pretty sure for like the first few months they will sell the boxset then once it goes OOP they will release the volumes. They did this for the Royal Rumble Anthology which i think they started selling individually around Nov/Dec. of last year and they set was released March.
Here in Europe we will have the individual boxsets in August ONLY at Silvervision.co.uk I'll only be getting the last volume
Old 07-12-08, 05:50 PM
Cool New Member

I was in a used DVD store and I saw the McMahon DVD and it was in cardboard case just wondering if this the US version? The version I have is Koch in the normal DVD case.
Old 07-12-08, 08:11 PM
Suspended

[QUOTE=The KliniK]Has anyone joined the Funk U DVD Club? Have they sent out any DVDs yet besides the five free ones?[/QUOTE
I too am curious to know about this.I am thinking of joining but would like to know if they are trustworty,before I hand over my credit card info.
Old 07-12-08, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Beater70
I was in a used DVD store and I saw the McMahon DVD and it was in cardboard case just wondering if this the US version? The version I have is Koch in the normal DVD case.
thats the US version.
Old 07-13-08, 12:58 AM

Besides the Hardys DVD does any other WWE DVD have a slip cover? Thanks.

Also any word on what the next Blu-Ray WWE release will be?

P.S. I put up some RARE DVDs on the Wrestling Buy/Sell/Trade area

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....2&page=3&pp=25

Last edited by doctaheath78; 07-13-08 at 01:15 AM.
Old 07-13-08, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
Besides the Hardys DVD does any other WWE DVD have a slip cover? Thanks.

Also any word on what the next Blu-Ray WWE release will be?

P.S. I put up some RARE DVDs on the Wrestling Buy/Sell/Trade area

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....2&page=3&pp=25
The HHH dvd does
Old 07-13-08, 03:59 PM

hey

so if the "complete hell" dvd is 3 disc, and seeing how there has only been around 15 hell in a cell matches, couldnt they include all of the matches plus a 1 hour documentry

say if each match runs total of 30 min, thats about 6 matches per disk, 6 times 3 is 18, so even if they include all 15 that still leaves atleast 1 hour for the documentry, hopefully wwe doesnt screw this up, i dont see how they can

also if they really need room and have to get rid of 1 or 2 i hope they get rid of mankind-taker or hbk-taker seeing how those are already one dvd releases, especially releases that almost everybody has already
Old 07-13-08, 04:58 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

what are they gonna do for the Armaggedon 2003 pay per view? seeing that they are gonna do Bad Blood/Vengeance; Summerslam/Unforgiven then they are proboly gonna do No Mercy/Survivor Series meaning Armageddon would be all alone
Old 07-13-08, 07:17 PM

Release it with No Way Out 2004?
Old 07-13-08, 07:26 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
so if the "complete hell" dvd is 3 disc, and seeing how there has only been around 15 hell in a cell matches, couldnt they include all of the matches plus a 1 hour documentry

say if each match runs total of 30 min, thats about 6 matches per disk, 6 times 3 is 18, so even if they include all 15 that still leaves atleast 1 hour for the documentry, hopefully wwe doesnt screw this up, i dont see how they can

also if they really need room and have to get rid of 1 or 2 i hope they get rid of mankind-taker or hbk-taker seeing how those are already one dvd releases, especially releases that almost everybody has already
They could also do away with the HBK/HHH Cell from Bad Blood 2004, which would be around 45-50 minutes if you include intros and stuff because the match was 42 minutes. That is one of the most boring and drawn-out cell matches of the bunch in my opinion.
Old 07-13-08, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by CSUMB84
They could also do away with the HBK/HHH Cell from Bad Blood 2004, which would be around 45-50 minutes if you include intros and stuff because the match was 42 minutes. That is one of the most boring and drawn-out cell matches of the bunch in my opinion.
actually the match itself excluding intros was 47 minutes, so with intros its about an hour.

The match was actually pretty good but i think it should have ended at about 30 minutes. The last 15 minutes was basically them hitting each other with moves and falling back down again, laying there with lots of dead space. Other than that it was a great brawl.

The HIAC dvd will look pretty good, the only matches i need are the Armageddon 6 man from 2000 and the rare Mankind/Kane from RAW 1998 (if you can call that a HIAC match, it was only about 7-10 minutes). Other than that i pretty much have all the matches on other dvds but i will still buy it since all of them will be on one set rather than me going through my other dvds to watch one match.
Old 07-14-08, 08:44 AM

I really hope the HIAC set has every match on it, as I don't collect a whole lot of wrestling dvds. I know alot of you on here are bugged when matches are duplicated on sets, which is understandable, but people like me who don't buy a ton of releases a set are hoping for a set with all HIAC matches.

I've been thinking about picking up the history of the WWF/E heavyweight title set. Is this a good release, entertainment wise? It looks interesting, I'd just like to know if there are any really good complete matches on it, or if it is mostly highlights.
Old 07-14-08, 10:07 AM
Cool New Member

i went to FYE on Sat at Great Lakes Crossing (about 2hrs away - wish there was a FYE near but o well).............found some pretty good deals with a Great Steal

ROH - Greatest Rivalries and Best In The World - $7.99
found Sacrifice 2008 and PWG Sells Out for - $14.99

and in the back of all the movies i found The Best of the Dudley Boyz for a whopping $4.99
Old 07-14-08, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by neilo13
I really hope the HIAC set has every match on it, as I don't collect a whole lot of wrestling dvds. I know alot of you on here are bugged when matches are duplicated on sets, which is understandable, but people like me who don't buy a ton of releases a set are hoping for a set with all HIAC matches.

I've been thinking about picking up the history of the WWF/E heavyweight title set. Is this a good release, entertainment wise? It looks interesting, I'd just like to know if there are any really good complete matches on it, or if it is mostly highlights.
All matches are complete and almost all have intros included as well. Its a excellent dvd and well worth the purchase.

WWWF Championship Match
Ivan Koloff vs. Pedro Morales
Madison Square Garden - 08/02/71

WWWF Championship Match
Bruno Sammartino vs. Killer Kowalski
Madison Square Garden - 29/04/74

WWWF Championship Match
Bruno Sammartino vs. "Superstar" Billy Graham
Baltimore, Md — 30/04/77

WWWF Championship Match
"Superstar" Billy Graham vs. Bob Backlund
Madison Square Garden - 20/02/78

WWE Championship Match
Bob Backlund vs. Greg Valentine
Philadelphia, PA - 16/01/82

WWE Championship Match
Bob Backlund vs. Sgt. Slaughter
Madison Square Garden - 23/05/83

WWE Championship Match
Iron Sheik vs. Hulk Hogan
Madison Square Garden -23/01/84

Steel Cage Match For The WWE Championship
Hulk Hogan vs. King Kong Bundy
Wrestlemania II - 05/04/86

Hulk Hogan vs. "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff
Saturday Night's Main Event - 03/01/87

WWE Championship Match
Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant
Wrestlemania III - 29/03/87

WWE Championship Match
Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant
The Main Event - 05/02/88

WWE Championship Match
Randy "Macho Man" Savage vs. Hulk Hogan
Wrestlemania V - 02/04/89

Disc Two

WWE Championship Match
Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior
Wrestlemania VI - 01/04/90

Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart
Summerslam - 29/08/94

Iron Man Match For The WWE Championship
Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels
Wrestlemania XII - 31/03/98

WWE Championship Match
Shawn Michaels vs. Mankind
In Your House: Mind Games - 22/09/96

WWE Championship Match
Shawn Michaels vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Wrestlemania XIV - 29/03/98

Disc Three

Street Fight For The WWE Championship
Triple H vs. Cactus Jack
Royal Rumble - 23/01/00

Triple Threat Match For The WWE Championship
The Rock vs. Triple H vs. Kurt Angle
Summerslam - 27/08/00

WWE Championship Match
The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Wrestlemania X-7 - 01/04/01

Undisputed WWE Championship Match
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Chris Jericho
Vengeance- 09/12/01

Triple Threat Match For The Undisputed WWE Championship
The Rock vs. Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle
Vengeance - 21/07/02

Undisputed WWE Championship Match
The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar
Summerslam - 25/08/02

WWE Championship Match
Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit
Royal Rumble - 19/01/03

Triple Threat Match For The WWE Championship
John Cena vs. Chris Jericho vs. Christian
Vengeance - 26/06/05

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.