Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - VI

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-08, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are there any reviews out there of the WM24 Blu-ray?
Old 05-31-08, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey

anyone have any sort of info on the best of starcade thats going to come out the same day flair's 3 disk does, im afraid it might get cancelled since there is not even a rumoured match listing out there yet

p.s.i psyched about the rock's 3 disk set, i think its better than the recently stone cold or hhh dvds, the rocks seem to cover his entire career without missing any years and full of matches from ppv, raw, and smackdown
sure there are matches missing but you cant have a 10 disk set, i wouldnt have time lol, but for a 3 disk its almost perfect, next to the ladder match it could tie the tombstone dvd for my favorite
Old 05-31-08, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
anyone have any sort of info on the best of starcade thats going to come out the same day flair's 3 disk does, im afraid it might get cancelled since there is not even a rumoured match listing out there yet

p.s.i psyched about the rock's 3 disk set, i think its better than the recently stone cold or hhh dvds, the rocks seem to cover his entire career without missing any years and full of matches from ppv, raw, and smackdown
sure there are matches missing but you cant have a 10 disk set, i wouldnt have time lol, but for a 3 disk its almost perfect, next to the ladder match it could tie the tombstone dvd for my favorite
All we know about the Starrcade set its a 3 disc. I think it will be delayed, but not cancelled. Its June and still no match listing or information, so it probably means it won't be out in July. I am guessing November/December of this year since thats when the ppv usually takes place.

Same situation was with the Austin DVD, it was suppose to be out last August and about a month before there was no info and they just delayed it til February of this year.

Usually we know whats on the set few months before release.
Old 05-31-08, 03:38 PM

00:31:10:05 RAW - MARCH 31
2008 (DVD EXTRA - RIC FLAIR'S FAREWELL ADDRESS)

clocking in at 31 minutes when the segment on TV was closer to 20 minutes would lead one to believe that the McMahon & Undertaker appearances that were not seen on the broadcast may be included here... which I know a lot of us were hoping for.
Old 06-01-08, 10:32 AM

What DVD is that from the Flair Farewell Address?
Old 06-01-08, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
I think the Ric Flair DVD that's coming out next month.
Old 06-01-08, 02:07 PM

upcoming Ric Flair DVD
Old 06-01-08, 02:08 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.............I will be buying that 1 the 1st day of release.
Old 06-01-08, 06:52 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.............I will be buying that 1 the 1st day of release.
I wish it had the talking case like the Dusty DVD had.
Old 06-01-08, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Regarding the Starrcade set, it's not even listed on the WWE Shop schedule of DVD releases, so I'd say we're definitely not going to see it anytime soon.
Old 06-01-08, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by sg2386
All we know about the Starrcade set its a 3 disc. I think it will be delayed, but not cancelled. Its June and still no match listing or information, so it probably means it won't be out in July. I am guessing November/December of this year since thats when the ppv usually takes place.

Same situation was with the Austin DVD, it was suppose to be out last August and about a month before there was no info and they just delayed it til February of this year.

Usually we know whats on the set few months before release.
I could be wrong but I think the Starrcade set was listed as a two disc set.

For what it's worth, I recall reading that the Austin set was delayed because they had to edit out Benoit's interviews/matches.
Old 06-02-08, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dubya
I could be wrong but I think the Starrcade set was listed as a two disc set.

For what it's worth, I recall reading that the Austin set was delayed because they had to edit out Benoit's interviews/matches.
Amazon has it listed as 3 disc.
Old 06-02-08, 09:24 AM
Cool New Member

smh they should be releasing a Starrcade Anthology Set.........its a shame with all the Great WCW footage that so far pretty much we are getting a 3 disc Best Of
Old 06-02-08, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by bmp5524
smh they should be releasing a Starrcade Anthology Set.........its a shame with all the Great WCW footage that so far pretty much we are getting a 3 disc Best Of
Maybe if this 3 disc set does well enough we'll see an Anthology set sometime down the road.
Old 06-02-08, 12:46 PM

Been on hiatus recently, quick question:

I seem to recall discussion in the forums here that WWF Best of Raw Vol. 1 & 2 DVD set is considered "rare" and sells for a nice buck. Any selling/buying info would be excellent.
Old 06-02-08, 02:28 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Does anybody know if the Summerslam Anthology Box Set will be available in stores? If so what stores?
Old 06-02-08, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Aces_High
Been on hiatus recently, quick question:

I seem to recall discussion in the forums here that WWF Best of Raw Vol. 1 & 2 DVD set is considered "rare" and sells for a nice buck. Any selling/buying info would be excellent.
Pretty much anything from that era with un-blurred WWF "Attitude" logos is rare, and well worth it IMO. Personally I refuse to pay for blurs.
Old 06-02-08, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by BobSchlapowitz
Pretty much anything from that era with un-blurred WWF "Attitude" logos is rare, and well worth it IMO. Personally I refuse to pay for blurs.
Damn straight -- although a few Attitude era DVDs are very common (Mick Foley's Hard Knocks and Cheap Pops for one).

I've been trying to find all the non-PPV DVDs from that era for cheap and I've mostly gotten quite lucky as I've paid less than $20 each for everything.

Out of the WWF DVDs, I still need: Hell Yeah, Hardcore, Attitude Collection: Unforgiven 1998, Attitude Collection: Undertaker - The Phenom, Attitude Collection: Austin vs. McMahon, Attitude Collection: Three Faces of Foley, Best of 2001 Viewer's Choice and Stone Cold Steve Austin - What?
Old 06-02-08, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DerangedHermit
Damn straight -- although a few Attitude era DVDs are very common (Mick Foley's Hard Knocks and Cheap Pops for one).

I've been trying to find all the non-PPV DVDs from that era for cheap and I've mostly gotten quite lucky as I've paid less than $20 each for everything.

Out of the WWF DVDs, I still need: Hell Yeah, Hardcore, Attitude Collection: Unforgiven 1998, Attitude Collection: Undertaker - The Phenom, Attitude Collection: Austin vs. McMahon, Attitude Collection: Three Faces of Foley, Best of 2001 Viewer's Choice and Stone Cold Steve Austin - What?
You can get a resealed Attitude Collection Unforgiven 1998 at Highspots.com for $22. All they did was take the insert out and repackaged it. You can also get Hell Yeah and Hardcore.

The hardest one to find is Undertaker: The Phenom, i am trying to find it as well for a reasonable price but they go for too much.
Old 06-02-08, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by DerangedHermit

Just in case you're interested, I got a friend who's got both Unforgiven 1998, Best of 2001 & Hell Yeah. Message me if you're interested
Old 06-02-08, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by sg2386
You can get a resealed Attitude Collection Unforgiven 1998 at Highspots.com for $22. All they did was take the insert out and repackaged it. You can also get Hell Yeah and Hardcore.

The hardest one to find is Undertaker: The Phenom, i am trying to find it as well for a reasonable price but they go for too much.
I know that. I wish it was cheaper but hey. (I also bought the Just Bring It double disk there) And Hell Yeah and Hardcore are relatively common so I'd rather wait on them as they'd be less likely to disappear. My main focus is on 2001 Viewer's Choice, Austin vs. McMahon (probably buy from Amazon when I get a $20 GC for a survey) and Undertaker: The Phenom.

I have a backordered item order on Gamestop.com for Undertaker: The Phenom for $9.99 if they ever call in used copies from their stores or fulfill the orders. I'm not holding my breath especially with all the stores getting rid of DVDs.
Old 06-02-08, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For people interested ROHwrestling.com has Lockdown 2008 in stock and ready to ship. Its not scheduled to be released in stores until June 17.
Old 06-02-08, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want to get Lockdown 2008...but I also don't. It was really only good for two matches, but they were GREAT matches. The debate continues...
Old 06-02-08, 10:58 PM

My local FYE has a used copy of WrestleMania X7 for $39.99. My favorite WM, and it's an unedited first pressing (No blurs!). But that seems a little steep!
Old 06-02-08, 11:02 PM

X7 for $39 used? Wow. Mind you that's not one that I've come across more than once. Has anyone been looking for any ppv's from 2002? I've been to about 6 or 7 blockbusters in my city and each one has had at least one or two shows from 2002 or 2003. I haven't needed any of them as I'm complete from the beginning of 2002-current but if anyone is looking for a particular one just shoot me a pm and I'll keep a look out.(Keep in mind that they will be Koch versions)

Last edited by hitman tommy; 06-03-08 at 07:47 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.