Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

Old 11-14-12, 02:52 PM
  #351  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mister Peepers
Posts: 7,882
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

Going blu didn't take as long as I'd thought. I have Nail Gun Massacre on DVD already and I'm fine with that unless it's somehow a lot better.
Old 11-20-12, 01:57 PM
  #352  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mister Peepers
Posts: 7,882
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

I just started watching my first Maria's B Movie Mayhem. Her hosting is some of the absolute dumbest shit I've seen in some time. Her music video was equally awful but I wasn't expecting anything other than that.
Old 12-05-12, 01:19 AM
  #353  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,299
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers View Post
I just started watching my first Maria's B Movie Mayhem. Her hosting is some of the absolute dumbest shit I've seen in some time. Her music video was equally awful but I wasn't expecting anything other than that.
Which Maria film?

Maria makes Scorpion's Katarina seem like a Criterion scholar by comparison.
Old 12-05-12, 01:03 PM
  #354  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mister Peepers
Posts: 7,882
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

Riot on 42nd St. / Bad Girls Dormitory

I have a few Katarina ones but haven't seen any yet. I'm really curious to see how worse they are.
Old 12-05-12, 04:30 PM
  #355  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,299
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers View Post
Riot on 42nd St. / Bad Girls Dormitory

I have a few Katarina ones but haven't seen any yet. I'm really curious to see how worse they are.
I guess my hyperbolic analogy backfired. What I meant to say is that I prefer Katarina, she's not as much of a ditz as Maria (thus seeming like a "Criterion scholar" by comparison). Plus I like Katarina's European-ness.
Old 12-05-12, 07:30 PM
  #356  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mister Peepers
Posts: 7,882
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

Rereading it, I see what you said. It's been a loooong day.
Old 12-08-12, 08:56 PM
  #357  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Briarwood Sanatarium
Posts: 4,293
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

Hopefully someone can help me out here, I need scans of the covers for Hot Moves and Alice In Wonderland, I have tried everywhere and can't find these at all.


Also does anyone have a complete list of titles released by code red and the Spine Number that goes with it
Old 12-08-12, 11:55 PM
  #358  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,299
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

Originally Posted by JJE-187 View Post
Also does anyone have a complete list of titles released by code red and the Spine Number that goes with it
This site might help you out: http://criterion.mono.net/18589/Code%20Red
Old 12-09-12, 08:32 PM
  #359  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Briarwood Sanatarium
Posts: 4,293
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

Originally Posted by Living Deadpan View Post
This site might help you out: http://criterion.mono.net/18589/Code%20Red
Thanks, too bad they haven't updated in a while :-( The last release they have listed is Stanley
Old 08-23-14, 12:12 PM
  #360  
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Snow, Maine
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

Most Code Red Titles "One Per Customer".I think it means that you're only allowed to
buy one title for yourself. I guess this is supposed to help from buying
a bunch, then price gouging unsuspecting buyers on other sites. (This
is happening on e-bay & amazon.com right now.)



Yes, and Bill does this himself under 'anonymous' accounts such as
"the exterminator' (didn't they both happen to close up shop online
roughly around same time this Summer?) ... trust me, that account IS/WAS
him ... he may have others as well ... he manufactures scarcity by
pulling his stock very shortly after making it available and claiming
'sold out' then he makes more money per piece by selling at
collectible/OOP prices through these accounts ... it's a very old and
typical capitalist business practice ... we are ALL victims of this with
most everything we buy here ... Any denials or defense statements on
Bill's part should be taken with a grain of salt regarding any of this
... he also only does this with certain titles wherein he feels it more
lucrative to do so (i.e., engineered scarcity) ... also, it would look
suspect if he did it with his 'entire' catalog or the bulk thereof ...
Old 08-24-14, 02:10 AM
  #361  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
SterlingBen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,566
Received 207 Likes on 136 Posts
Re: Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

Bill ignores my e-mails now. I guess he saw some of my reviews these past few challenges

Anyone bought off the Big Cartel site? Does he really limit to just one?
Old 08-24-14, 09:43 AM
  #362  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,828
Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

Originally Posted by SterlingBen View Post
...Anyone bought off the Big Cartel site? Does he really limit to just one?
I don't think Bill actually limits orders to one per title even if the description does indicate a limit. He recently commented/joked about holding orders of Nightmare that were of a large quantity to delay scalpers.
Old 08-24-14, 04:17 PM
  #363  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,299
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

Just FYI, Hamiltonbook.com added the following Code Red DVDs to their catalog a few months ago.
Originally Posted by GoldenWheels View Post
Being/Copkillers
Day at the Beach
Unknown Comedy Special/Art of Nude Bowling
Challenge the Dragon/The Needle Avenger
Cheering Section/King Frat
Secrets of Sweet Sixteen/Looking Good
How to Score with Girls/White Rat
Supervan/Jail Bait Babysitter
Velvet Trap/Hot Nights on Campus
Deliver us from Evil/The Fox Affair
Teenage Graffiti/Teenage Mother
Running Hot
Voodoo Dolls/Madonna
Wacky Taxi/Superargo
Wild Malibu Weekend
Virginity
Most of 'em are $8 I believe. Much cheaper than "The Exterminator" sells them.
Old 08-24-14, 08:09 PM
  #364  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mister Peepers
Posts: 7,882
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

Originally Posted by bipbop13 View Post
Yes, and Bill does this himself under 'anonymous' accounts such as
"the exterminator' (didn't they both happen to close up shop online
roughly around same time this Summer?) ... trust me, that account IS/WAS
him
I'd be surprised if the exterminator was really him. I think it's managed by someone close to him but can't be Bill. Bill would be one of the guys that flips out on the marketplace forums the second he got bad feedback. That seller has gone on too long without self-imploding to be Bill.
Old 08-28-14, 10:47 PM
  #365  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: next to a schizo!
Posts: 1,774
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

Originally Posted by bipbop13 View Post
Most Code Red Titles "One Per Customer".I think it means that you're only allowed to
buy one title for yourself. I guess this is supposed to help from buying
a bunch, then price gouging unsuspecting buyers on other sites. (This
is happening on e-bay & amazon.com right now.)



Yes, and Bill does this himself under 'anonymous' accounts such as
"the exterminator' (didn't they both happen to close up shop online
roughly around same time this Summer?) ... trust me, that account IS/WAS
him ... he may have others as well ... he manufactures scarcity by
pulling his stock very shortly after making it available and claiming
'sold out' then he makes more money per piece by selling at
collectible/OOP prices through these accounts ... it's a very old and
typical capitalist business practice ... we are ALL victims of this with
most everything we buy here ... Any denials or defense statements on
Bill's part should be taken with a grain of salt regarding any of this
... he also only does this with certain titles wherein he feels it more
lucrative to do so (i.e., engineered scarcity) ... also, it would look
suspect if he did it with his 'entire' catalog or the bulk thereof ...
A newbie posting this out of nowhere? Sounds like a fellow with an axe to grind? If he is trying to sell his titles at a higher market rate, then why would he allow a venue like Hamilton Books to sell them at $8 bucks a pop? If he truly is controlling his prices, how did all those titles wound up in Hamilton books?
Old 08-29-14, 06:17 PM
  #366  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
SterlingBen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,566
Received 207 Likes on 136 Posts
Re: Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

Originally Posted by Living Deadpan View Post
Just FYI, Hamiltonbook.com added the following Code Red DVDs to their catalog a few months ago.


Most of 'em are $8 I believe. Much cheaper than "The Exterminator" sells them.
He was selling these titles for $4-$5 a piece direct in 2012 if you paypal'd him the money.
Originally Posted by The Man with the Golden Doujinshi View Post
I'd be surprised if the exterminator was really him. I think it's managed by someone close to him but can't be Bill. Bill would be one of the guys that flips out on the marketplace forums the second he got bad feedback. That seller has gone on too long without self-imploding to be Bill.
Ha!
Old 08-29-14, 09:15 PM
  #367  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,299
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

Originally Posted by salamander2 View Post
Originally Posted by bipbop13 View Post
Most Code Red Titles "One Per Customer".I think it means that you're only allowed to
buy one title for yourself. I guess this is supposed to help from buying
a bunch, then price gouging unsuspecting buyers on other sites. (This
is happening on e-bay & amazon.com right now.)



Yes, and Bill does this himself under 'anonymous' accounts such as
"the exterminator' (didn't they both happen to close up shop online
roughly around same time this Summer?) ... trust me, that account IS/WAS
him ... he may have others as well ... he manufactures scarcity by
pulling his stock very shortly after making it available and claiming
'sold out' then he makes more money per piece by selling at
collectible/OOP prices through these accounts ... it's a very old and
typical capitalist business practice ... we are ALL victims of this with
most everything we buy here ... Any denials or defense statements on
Bill's part should be taken with a grain of salt regarding any of this
... he also only does this with certain titles wherein he feels it more
lucrative to do so (i.e., engineered scarcity) ... also, it would look
suspect if he did it with his 'entire' catalog or the bulk thereof ...
A newbie posting this out of nowhere?
It appears to be copy/pasted from AV Maniacs' Code Red thread.

Originally Posted by SterlingBen View Post
He was selling these titles for $4-$5 a piece direct in 2012 if you paypal'd him the money.
They're less likely to arrive as floaters from HB, they package better.
Old 10-26-14, 02:26 AM
  #368  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
SterlingBen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,566
Received 207 Likes on 136 Posts
Re: Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

This is item description on one of their blu-rays
Mr. Hxxx pointed out after the code red Blu-ray disc is release that a dutch vhs has some small scene that is NOT on any version that is out there. so this release is BOTCHED. NO REFUND. AS IS WHEN BUYING. CODE RED FUCKED UP AS USUAL. OH WELL.

I also being called a "TOOL" for this botched release.

can't find some outtakes some overseas used. miracles can't happen. especially to a title that never sold much on vhs

DUE TO HIGH VOLUME OF HORDERS THAT IS SELLING THIS IS FLEA-BAY. ONE PER CUSTOMERS!
http://codereddvd.bigcartel.com/prod...imited-edition
Old 10-26-14, 10:54 AM
  #369  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mister Peepers
Posts: 7,882
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

This is a perfect example of why it's impossible Bill is running the exterminator account at Amazon. Someone shows a scene that isn't in the release. He calls it a fake. Then continues the temper tantrum by making the release OOP and then must have rushed over to edit the description on that page.

http://horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showp...postcount=4148

I was also reading the facebook just now and he doesn't seem to get that even though he can't distribute something overseas, doesn't mean he can't ship there from the US. If that were the case, amazon uk/us couldn't ship to each other's countries. The story behind that is he has some 4 pack of blu-rays he had up for pre-order. Then some people from "overseas", including Canada, ordered it. Since he can't/won't ship overseas, he cancelled every pre-order. This was all of them, including those from the US.
Old 10-26-14, 03:27 PM
  #370  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Norm de Plume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Toronto
Posts: 19,801
Received 807 Likes on 567 Posts
Re: Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

Code Red seems like a sheer amateur operation. No sign of The Farmer, which was slated for release many years ago, and it's not available to be seen any other way I know of.
Old 10-26-14, 03:51 PM
  #371  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,828
Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

Originally Posted by The Man with the Golden Doujinshi View Post
T
The story behind that is he has some 4 pack of blu-rays he had up for pre-order... Since he can't/won't ship overseas, he cancelled every pre-order. This was all of them, including those from the US.
Is this related to the Messiah of Evik etc bundles? If so can you post a link? I'd been curious about the status of my pre-order, which had indicated being available around Oct 25. Bummer.
Old 10-26-14, 05:49 PM
  #372  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mister Peepers
Posts: 7,882
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
Is this related to the Messiah of Evik etc bundles? If so can you post a link? I'd been curious about the status of my pre-order, which had indicated being available around Oct 25. Bummer.
I'm rereading it now but it might just be that he cancelled all future preorders, or pre-books as he calls it. The dude writes like he's had major brain damage from a stroke, or as someone else mentioned in a post, he's the real life version of Jimmy Wichard from King of the Hill .

https://www.facebook.com/CodeRedDvd/...56754571050388

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.