Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles DVD Coming

Due in August. Not confirmed though.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Ter...s-Planned/9485

Great Stuff.

James
Old 04-28-08, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is this a series that is up for renewal?
Old 04-28-08, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FOX has confirmed it will return for at least 13 episodes next season.

I'll probably pick up the set. It's not a bad show. It has potential to be really great and so far it's just a fun action series.
Old 04-28-08, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mayorofsmpleton
With FOX involved, don't count on ANYTHING until it airs.....

Anyone else remember when they "renewed" Tru Calling for a second season with a 13 episode order...then cut it to 6 later on....then they cancelled it before the second season even aired...then when they finally did decide to show the second season, they didn't even broadcast the sixth and final episode!
Old 04-28-08, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Was hoping for/expecting this news for a while, and was very happy to finally see it this morning at TVShowsOnDVD. Will definitely pick up a copy, and looking quite forward to the next season.

--THX
Old 04-28-08, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mayorofsmpleton

I'll probably pick up the set. It's not a bad show. It has potential to be really great and so far it's just a fun action series.
Thanks
Old 04-28-08, 02:58 PM

Available for pre-order at Amazon.co.uk, out on July 28

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Terminator-C...9412667&sr=1-1
Old 04-28-08, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts
Warning! Link NSFW, shows Cameron's endoskeleton.
Old 04-28-08, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm Down with this show... I'd like to see the original pilot included as a extra.
Old 04-28-08, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by TylerDurden_73
I'm Down with this show... I'd like to see the original pilot included as a extra.
You mean this is being treated by Fox like the first season of Twin Peaks (the Artisan release) with no pilot included in the set?

TLK

Old 04-28-08, 09:26 PM

You mean this is being treated by Fox like the first season of Twin Peaks (the Artisan release) with no pilot included in the set?
I think he's referencing the original pilot presented to FOX, which included some different scenes and actors.
Old 04-28-08, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't like the series. It did not fit well in line with the movies. Basically, you have to pretend that T3 never happened.
Old 04-28-08, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I'll probably give this a rent at least.
Old 04-29-08, 03:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jeffbase34
I didn't like the series. It did not fit well in line with the movies. Basically, you have to pretend that T3 never happened.

That's OK since T3 pretty much pretended that the "original ending" of T2 never happened.....without James Cameron involved nothing is 'canon' IMHO.
Old 04-29-08, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally Posted by dablueguy
That's OK since T3 pretty much pretended that the "original ending" of T2 never happened.....
Only if by "original ending" you mean the silly flash-forward happy ending that James Cameron had the good sense to remove from both the theatrical cut and the Special Edition cut.

I don't think the sequel should be forced to follow the continuity of deleted scenes that didn't make the final cut.

Last edited by Josh Z; 04-29-08 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-29-08, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
There were some very minor changes from the original pilot to the one that aired on FOX. I actually thought the revised version was slightly better. Dean Winters was definitely an improvement as Sarah's boyfriend/fiancee.

Overall I thought it was a solid 1st season.
Old 04-30-08, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Josh Z
I don't think the sequel should be forced to follow the continuity of deleted scenes that didn't make the final cut.

The only reason he cut that out was so the studios could make more sequels (which he knew he wouldn't be involved in except for getting paid). It seems obvious to me that his intention (as the creator of the series) was that they had prevented SkyNet from evolving. Regardless, as far as I'm concerned since Cameron wasn't involved in T3 or this series, anything goes...
Old 04-30-08, 03:17 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

hopefully this show picks up more in s2, it does have potential but it just not quite there
Old 04-30-08, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by jeffbase34
I thought the TV series takes place before T3. Haven't seen it, so I could be wrong.
Old 04-30-08, 08:43 AM

Spoiler:
Since the series takes the leads into 2007 via time-travel technically it doesn't ruin T3. Say the show lasted 4-5 years then ended with them traveling back to 1999... that would still allow the events of T3 to unfold as they did. Assuming you take the stance of separate time lines, etc...
T3 ruined continuity by making John a 13 year old in the events of T2... personally, it's a fun mindless action show at this point. Certainly not anywhere near the original two films, but as far as action television goes you could find a lot worse ways to spend an hour...
Old 04-30-08, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The only reason he cut that out was so the studios could make more sequels (which he knew he wouldn't be involved in except for getting paid).
No, he cut it because it was an intensely cheesy scene and completely sucked. Sometimes directors have ideas that they think will work, until they get them on film and take a good hard look at what they've shot. Hence the reason we have deleted scenes at all, and not every scrap of shot footage makes it into a movie.
Old 04-30-08, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by indy81
I thought the TV series takes place before T3. Haven't seen it, so I could be wrong.
The series starts before the events of T3, but then the characters time travel to the present day. Which effectively unwrites T3 from ever happening.

Unless you consider that the Terminatrix from T3 would still have appeared as scheduled and basically gone unchecked with no one to stop her, which would mean that there would be no "present day" for the characters in the show to skip to.

The show has a lot of continuity issues with the movie series. It's best to think of it as taking place in an alternate timeline.
Old 05-01-08, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Josh Z
No, he cut it because it was an intensely cheesy scene and completely sucked. Sometimes directors have ideas that they think will work, until they get them on film and take a good hard look at what they've shot. Hence the reason we have deleted scenes at all, and not every scrap of shot footage makes it into a movie.

Must have missed where Cameron said "man, this is cheesy but I'll make sure it's included on the SE Laserdisc so everyone can laugh at it....."

I mean, if he was concerned about the "cheese factor" he would never have made Titanic.

Considering the fact that he did it cut made it much more plausible to make a sequel AND a TV series (that he is getting paid for), my explanation seems more realistic. I could be wrong though so if you could point me to where he did explain his reasoning I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by dablueguy; 05-01-08 at 03:12 AM.
Old 05-01-08, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Must have missed where Cameron said "man, this is cheesy but I'll make sure it's included on the SE Laserdisc so everyone can laugh at it....."
He included it on the SE laserdisc as a deleted scene.

Considering the fact that he did it cut made it much more plausible to make a sequel AND a TV series (that he is getting paid for), my explanation seems more realistic.
Have you not watched the scene for yourself to see how obviously awful it is?

If Cameron had wanted the cheesy flash forward in the movie, he had opportunity to add it to the Special Edition version. He had final cut on both versions of the movie. No one was forcing him to leave the story open for another sequel.

In fact, the way T2 ends in both the theatrical and Special Edition cuts is pretty finite. It doesn't really lend itself to another sequel, and the producers of T3 had to write in some elaborate justifications to make it work.

In any case, regardless of the reasons, the scene got cut. Your insistence that the sequel must follow the continuity of a deleted scene is kind of ridiculous.
Old 05-01-08, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
See now that sucks. I missed a few episodes on HD so I figured I get this on HDM. What up, FOX?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.