Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

what's the one thing you always wanted to see on dvd?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

what's the one thing you always wanted to see on dvd?

Old 04-24-08, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
deleted ..

Last edited by visitor Q; 04-24-08 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-24-08, 05:20 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 142 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by visitor Q
Mind letting in on which country/release this is? Thanks!
This is a wish thread.
Old 04-24-08, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Giles
remastered color corrected Todd-AO version of 'Oklahoma!' - if you've seen the dvd travesty you know what I mean, someone at Fox should be shot in the groin for this.
From a 4K scan of each frame, and presented at the correct frame rate (which I believe is 30fps). In Hd that qould be spectacular. The current disc is included as an extra ala the non anamorphic original Star Wars. You aren't supposed to complain about it because it is merely an 'extra'- but they both share a Fox tag on the jacket and both are huge wastes of plastic.

I second the TV cut of Kong('76) and would add the TV cut of The Deep...along with the extra footage of Bisset from the opening dive that supposedly exists but hasn't been seen.
Old 04-24-08, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

See my signature. Rights are jumbled since Disney owns everything except for the cut the Weinsteins supervised for American release (through Miramax). The bootleg I have is widescreen and has the original voices, with deleted scenes intact. Even have about 5-6 DVDs with extras tracked down by collectors.

remastered color corrected Todd-AO version of 'Oklahoma!' - if you've seen the dvd travesty you know what I mean, someone at Fox should be shot in the groin for this.
With no doubt in my mind, it's the worst DVD transfer ever put out by a major studio. Whoever thought it would be passable for DVD release must have been stoned.
Old 04-24-08, 05:59 PM

32 years old with no region 1 release....

Rich Man, Poor Man A superb 12-hour adaptation of Irwin Shaw's novel, chronicling the widely divergent values and paths of two brothers over 20 years. The compelling story of familial jealousy and heartbreak was an extraordinarily successful miniseries, garnering a record 23 Emmy nominations (it won four), and helped launch the career of Nick Nolte, who plays the free-spirited and unruly Tom Jordache.
Old 04-24-08, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Sometimes a Great Notion
Old 04-24-08, 06:06 PM

Received 195 Likes on 120 Posts
The Wonder Years.
Old 04-24-08, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is corny, but The Incredible Shrinking Woman.

I know it probably won't hold up to well, but it's been forever since I've seen it and it holds nostalgia. It's been rumored for quite some time now, and I wanted to have it on DVD since my earliest years of collecting.
Old 04-24-08, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Batman (the 1966-68 TV series)
Old 04-24-08, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Within The Woods
Old 04-24-08, 11:39 PM

No Time For Sergeants
Old 04-24-08, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As a Civil War geek, I'd like the extended version of Gettysburg, and the rumored 6 hour version of Gods & Generals.

As an anime fan, how about R1 subtitled and remastered sets of Space Cruiser Yamato and the original Captain Harlock.

And for my SF fan side, R1 Blakes 7 season boxes that I don't have to martgage the house to own!

Last edited by Panda Phil; 04-25-08 at 07:08 AM.
Old 04-24-08, 11:57 PM

The Remainder of "Everwood"
Old 04-25-08, 03:27 AM

Centennial mini series
Old 04-25-08, 06:01 AM

While more and more TV DVD's come out each year for newer programs, I'd like to see some older B&W stuff -- the complete run of the Ernie Kovacs show (love that Kinescope). Also, best of collections of To Tell the Truth, What's My Line?, Beat the Clock (complete with originial cigarette ads I think). I'd also like to see complete seasons of American Idol.
Old 04-25-08, 10:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Panda Phil
As a Civil War geek, I'd like the extended version of Gettysburg, and the rumored 6 hour version of Gods & Generals.

As an anime fan, how about R1 subtitled and remastered sets of Space Cruiser Yamato and the original Captain Harlock.

And for my SF fan side, R1 Blakes 7 season boxes that I don't have to martgage the house to own!

I second the longer version of 'Gods & Generals'
Old 04-25-08, 10:37 AM

I second the longer version of 'Gods & Generals'
Wow, I always assumed the long version came out when it was released on DVD. *shrugs* That's a shame; they do need to release that.
Old 04-25-08, 10:50 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by DiscGuy
32 years old with no region 1 release....

Rich Man, Poor Man A superb 12-hour adaptation of Irwin Shaw's novel, chronicling the widely divergent values and paths of two brothers over 20 years. The compelling story of familial jealousy and heartbreak was an extraordinarily successful miniseries, garnering a record 23 Emmy nominations (it won four), and helped launch the career of Nick Nolte, who plays the free-spirited and unruly Tom Jordache.
Susan Blakely was hot!
Old 04-25-08, 11:52 AM

Battle Beneath the Earth (Kerwin Matthews) and Crack in the World (Dana Andrews)
Old 04-25-08, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by JasonF
Batman (the 1966-68 TV series)
ill second this.

ill go with the obvious: The African Queen Region 1 (i own the R2 and dont have a player for it, haha)

i think im about to shatter the "ridiculocity level" of this thread, but i would actually like to see an extended version of Dude Wheres My Car in which they actually allude more to the whole drug use thing, which they completely edited out of the original. It's not going to make it a good movie, but it cant hurt.

Also, I'd like to see some sort of "The Best Of Groucho Marx TV Apperances"... especially if its not grainy... i picked up a $1 walmart dvd of some of the episodes of "you bet your life" he hosted and i guess it was one of many various television things he did back then.

I'd also like to see the professional sports leagues make more games available... especially the pre-DVD era stuff... no one besides the MLB seems to get that theres a market for this (The NBA just started with the 86 celtics set, and i guess the NFL releases Super Bowl dvds, but thats about it)... more musicians should make more shows available too... some bands let you buy every show they do (The Who, i think, does this, which is nice if you want to see a show you were at and not some random one)...
Old 04-25-08, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Private Parts SE
Old 04-25-08, 06:48 PM

Just about everything posted has sounded cool.
Originally Posted by paintcan
Also, best of collections of To Tell the Truth, What's My Line?, Beat the Clock (complete with originial cigarette ads I think).
I'd love to see a best of commercials release, b&w and color. I have an old LD of just toy commercials that is awesome. I go to a local film festival that shows a world's best commercial screening that is always entertaining.
Old 04-25-08, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by paintcan
While more and more TV DVD's come out each year for newer programs, I'd like to see some older B&W stuff -- the complete run of the Ernie Kovacs show (love that Kinescope). Also, best of collections of To Tell the Truth, What's My Line?, Beat the Clock (complete with originial cigarette ads I think). I'd also like to see complete seasons of American Idol.
Ohhh...that reminds me....for old shows, I am wondering who's leg we have to hump to get the Patty Duke Show out on DVD!
Old 04-26-08, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How about these for a starter:
The Man from Atlantis I never got to see this back in the 70's.
The best dam Tv Show not on DvD in the USA:The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman Series (I love Max:The Bionic Dog).
And the rest of The Big Valley.
Old 04-26-08, 08:54 AM

Tex Avery's MGM cartoons
Wes Craven's Nightmare Cafe

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.