Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - V5

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-08, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think WWE is pretty good with rights nowadays, since the DVDs of NWO '08 and Royal Rumble '08 actually utilize the theme songs, but on the DVD for Survivor Series '03, they replaced the awesome theme with generic wwe music.
Old 04-21-08, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I picked up another TNA Best of Raven at an FYE, thinking it was the alternate version that I didn't have. It ended up being the same cover, but this was a 2 disc set instead of the 1 disk that I already had. Everything is 100% identical with the cover arts. I have the same situation with the reissued version of Best of the X-Division Volume 1. I have a 1 disk and 2 disk with the exact same covers. And no, I'm not talking about the ShopTNA exclusives. Does anyone have any info on why there are single disk and 2 disk version of these, and if any more titles have this?
Old 04-21-08, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I bought Raven & Best of X1 at FYE used and they were both 2 disc and are the navarre discs
Old 04-21-08, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by xNightfallx
I picked up another TNA Best of Raven at an FYE, thinking it was the alternate version that I didn't have. It ended up being the same cover, but this was a 2 disc set instead of the 1 disk that I already had. Everything is 100% identical with the cover arts. I have the same situation with the reissued version of Best of the X-Division Volume 1. I have a 1 disk and 2 disk with the exact same covers. And no, I'm not talking about the ShopTNA exclusives. Does anyone have any info on why there are single disk and 2 disk version of these, and if any more titles have this?
I guess trying to cut costs.

I remember in 2005 all the TNA DVDs (ppvs and best of) were single disc starting with Hard Justice 2005.

I hated how they put the countdown show with the show itself instead of putting it as an extra in certain ppv, since the quality were terrible and very pixelated. I am glad they stopped doing that.
Old 04-21-08, 10:25 PM

The latest additions to my wrestling collection:

Old 04-22-08, 12:10 AM
Cool New Member

^Nice. I hope that Global iMPACT! DVD somehow makes its way to retail racks.

I was sick most of this weekend, but on Saturday morning I finally found the HOF 2004 DVD used at FYE. Not bad for $12. Heenan's rant on the other WWF was amazing, lol. I've been waiting to watch the Patterson/Slaughter street fight for sometime now, too.

On my way out, I saw some DVD boxes advertising the Hardyz DVD and the WM24. Apparently, the FYE exclusive for WM24 is that it comes with a signature moves book of some kind, but it seems like there's no bonus at FYE for the Hardyz's DVD.

Any news on the other retailers' exclusives for 'Mania? I know Walmart has the McMahon 2-disc set packaged in a 2-pack, but what about Circuit City or Best Buy? (Sames goes for the Hardyz'...)

Last edited by Wildcard; 04-22-08 at 12:17 AM.
Old 04-22-08, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Wildcard
On my way out, I saw some DVD boxes advertising the Hardyz DVD and the WM24. Apparently, the FYE exclusive for WM24 is that it comes with a signature moves book of some kind, but it seems like there's no bonus at FYE for the Hardyz's DVD.
The signature moves book at FYE has been cancelled. Don't count on getting it come WM24 release date!
Old 04-22-08, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Isn't someplace going to have WM 24 in a tin, like last year?
Old 04-22-08, 10:35 AM
Cool New Member

as for the FYe Exclusives in tinbox:
Summerslam 2007
Survivor Series 2007
Royal Rumble 2008

Is the RR2008 already out as I not find it on there page?
Also are there other WWe Exclusives at FYE?
Old 04-22-08, 03:00 PM

I stopped at the local used DVD store in town here just to browse around, and couldn't believe it. I was right near the end of the DVDs and I saw that they had No Way Out 2007, and I pulled it out, and it was the Blockbuster exclusive version! So I can finally add it to my collection at the amazing price of $6.97!
Old 04-23-08, 03:06 PM

Went to a best buy about 20 minutes away from me and picked up some sweet stuff Against all odds 2008, TNA Best of 2007 both 14.99 the cheapest around.

Survivor Series 2007 Best buy exlusive with trading cards.
(not going to post a pic of this because it is already on the forum.

Old 04-23-08, 06:06 PM

Stopped by the used place next to my work today and found some nice pickups. Plus if you buy 4 at this place you get the 5th item free so it ran about 7 bucks an item for all this

Old 04-23-08, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by hitman tommy
Stopped by the used place next to my work today and found some nice pickups. Plus if you buy 4 at this place you get the 5th item free so it ran about 7 bucks an item for all this

Jeez, where you do live? Someone's selling off their collection if your hauls are representative.
Old 04-23-08, 07:28 PM

I live in Manitoba, Canada. There must be a few people selling their collections cause I've been finding most my stuff in two places lately the place next to my work which has rarely had anything wrestling until the last couple weeks. And then there's another place all the way across town which has had lots of stuff for the past few months.

In other news more of my ebay pickups arrived today they were Summerslam 05, Survivor Series 06 and Armageddon 06. So now all I need to complete my ppv's from 2002-Current are:

Royal Rumble 2002
King Of The Ring 2002
Old 04-23-08, 07:28 PM

Yet another amazing find today. On my way home from a job interview, I stopped at the another used DVD store, and came across Hard Justice 2006...for $7.99!!!
Old 04-23-08, 07:54 PM
Cool New Member

Heads up guys...Shopzone just put up the 2007 DVD Package, 15 events including the 3-disc Mania set, for a total of.............................$123.85.
Old 04-23-08, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've never really gotten lucky at any of these used movie places until tonight. I'll take a picture in the morning just to ward off anybody that doubts what I got, but at Moviestop earlier I picked up used copies of The Best of America's Most Wanted, The Ultimate X Collection, and the first version of the Best of NWA-TNA Title Matches.

They were each $3.99 and Moviestop was having a Buy 3 get one free sale on used DVDs, so my wife actually picked up another DVD with these (I believe XMas with the Cranks or something) and paid about $12 and change.

I have no idea if these are really worth anything, I couldn't find any auctions on EBay, but I know I've never seen them before. I didn't even know that an Ultimate X Collection existed, so I'm pretty stoked to watch that one.
Old 04-23-08, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by BravesMG
I've never really gotten lucky at any of these used movie places until tonight. I'll take a picture in the morning just to ward off anybody that doubts what I got, but at Moviestop earlier I picked up used copies of The Best of America's Most Wanted, The Ultimate X Collection, and the first version of the Best of NWA-TNA Title Matches.

What Moviestop location was this?

I live in Florida and there are a few MovieStops and every time I stop in or call they say they DON'T carry wrestling DVDs.
Old 04-23-08, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
What Moviestop location was this?

I live in Florida and there are a few MovieStops and every time I stop in or call they say they DON'T carry wrestling DVDs.
Brandon, FL. It's near the mall in the same complex as the Costco.
Old 04-23-08, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does anyone know if there are two versions of Instant Classic: Best of Christian Cage DVD?

I read a review online and the guy listed the Cage/Rhino/Angle match from iMPACT in Sept/2007 that went 45 minutes included in the DVD. But my copy doesn't have that, is it an easter egg or mistake or possibly TNA silently releasing another version? not sure what the deal is.

I was hoping they include that match on the Best of 2007 DVD but they didn't.
Old 04-24-08, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Nice exposure Throwback ... got to busy with Cloverfield and Steelbook.. missed this post..

Anyways.. was that a customized case with your Wrestlemania Anthology boxes?

Originally Posted by throwback
Last 03/31/2008 JackTV Philippines #1 cable channel and WWE’s top program affiliate here in the philippines, Invited me (via VIP) to showcase my WWE Collection on the said Wrestlemania 24 PPV VIP Screening event in Glorietta 4 Cinema 6 here in Manila. (yes WWE PPV's are shown here live in cinemas w/c is pretty weird IMO, the philippines version of close circuit tv).

The Big Event was totally jampacked w/ Wrestling fans, Giant Wrestlemania banners,WWE Superstars life-size standees & tons of free giveaways from various sponsors for the 4 hour PPV Wrestlemania 24 Cinema screening the event was featured on JackTV’s lifetyle program the Peep Show.

Exhibit pics:

Gold standee VIP Wrestlemania 24 Tickets

More pics and interview screencaps: click here
Old 04-24-08, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by BravesMG

They were each $3.99 and Moviestop was having a Buy 3 get one free sale on used DVDs, so my wife actually picked up another DVD with these (I believe XMas with the Cranks or something) and paid about $12 and change.

I have no idea if these are really worth anything, I couldn't find any auctions on EBay, but I know I've never seen them before. I didn't even know that an Ultimate X Collection existed, so I'm pretty stoked to watch that one.
The Best of AMW is a pretty rare dvd. If you ever want to get rid of it, let me know. It's one of the only things that are rare that I'm still missing.
Old 04-24-08, 05:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by sg2386
Does anyone know if there are two versions of Instant Classic: Best of Christian Cage DVD?

I read a review online and the guy listed the Cage/Rhino/Angle match from iMPACT in Sept/2007 that went 45 minutes included in the DVD. But my copy doesn't have that, is it an easter egg or mistake or possibly TNA silently releasing another version? not sure what the deal is.

I was hoping they include that match on the Best of 2007 DVD but they didn't.

They very well may have snuck out another release. The back of my dvd says that it contains 7 matches and that match isn't listed. At TNA's website, the listing says 8 matches and it is included. Not sure what to make of this...
http://store.nexternal.com/shared/St...t=products.asp
Old 04-24-08, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's possible that the Christian Cage DVD contains "footage" of the three-way match from iMPACT!, as in..."highlights." Originally, the Best of 2007 DVD was going to be 2 discs and have that match, but the final release still has some pretty good stuff.
Old 04-24-08, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
They very well may have snuck out another release. The back of my dvd says that it contains 7 matches and that match isn't listed. At TNA's website, the listing says 8 matches and it is included. Not sure what to make of this...
http://store.nexternal.com/shared/St...t=products.asp
Damn! maybe thats why its been out of stock for so long.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.