Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - V5

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - V5

Old 03-14-08, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If anybodys interested "Big Vision Entertainemnt" is having a 50% off sale on their top 10 selling wrestling dvds of 2007.

http://www.bigvisionentertainment.co...wrestling.html
FIRST EVER BIG VISION SUPER SALE! DID YOU MISS ANY OF THE TOP 10 WRESTLING
DVDS OF 2007? GET THEM ALL NOW, 50% OFF!

www.BigVisionEntertainment.com is having it's first ever super sale! All of the Top 10 wrestling releases of 2007 are on sale at 50% off for one week only.

That means you can get Heroes of World Class, the amazing documentary on the Von Erichs and WCCW that fans and critics are raving is far superior to the WWE's version of the story, for only $9.99!

That means you can get The Best of Chikara, an absolute "Must See!" for only $4.99!

That means you can get Wrestling Society X - The Complete First (And Last) Season - the killer 4 disc set that includes the unaired season finale - for only $12.99!

All this and much more at www.BigVisionEntertainment.com!

Last edited by edman180; 03-14-08 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-14-08, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Pretty good deal,

Was thinking of picking up Heros of World Class, for anyone that have the DVD, how is it compared to the WWE version??

I already have the others, was hoping the XPW Complete 2nd Season on sale.

Originally Posted by edman180
If anybodys interested "Big Vision Entertainemnt" is having a 50% off sale on their top 10 selling wrestling dvds of 2007.

http://www.bigvisionentertainment.co...wrestling.html
Old 03-14-08, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by sg2386
Pretty good deal,

Was thinking of picking up Heros of World Class, for anyone that have the DVD, how is it compared to the WWE version??

I already have the others, was hoping the XPW Complete 2nd Season on sale.
Heroes Of World Class is excellent. I like it better than WWE's dvd. The only way this one would have been any better is if they had input from people like Michael Hayes who of course works for WWE, so that wasn't an option. They had a lot of great interviews with Bill Mercer, Gary Hart and Skandar Akbar, and many others. If you were ever a World Class fan back in the day, then this dvd will take you back in time and you'll remember how great WCCW was.
Old 03-14-08, 09:51 PM

According to cduniverse.com, they have these wwe tagged classics dvd coming on may 20, 2008. I'm not sure if these are going to be boxed like how k-mart did the unforgiven and no mercy tagged classics or like how silvervision does their tagged classics? I would like to see them release the "In Your House" tagged classics here in the states. Anyone know if they have any plans for that?

WWE-Tagged Classics 2003-Backlash/Judgment Day DVD
Regular Price: $13.69
Sale Price: $13.44

Scheduled to release Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Place your order today and be one of the first to receive this product when it arrives.
Format:

WWE-Tagged Classics 2003-Royal Rumble/No Way Out DVD
Regular Price: $13.69
Sale Price: $13.44

Scheduled to release Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Place your order today and be one of the first to receive this product when it arrives.
Format:
Old 03-15-08, 12:33 AM

I have a question for all of you collectors in the US or Canada. I have bought 3 dvd players in the past 3 years for the sole reason that they were able to play PAL format dvd's when the proper hack code was applied. They have been low end dvd players that usually cost anywhere from 30-50 bucks. However, I'm sick to death of having to buy a new one once a year. Does anyone here have any suggestions of a good dvd player I can use for multi regions that won't need replacing within the next year? I'm fine with paying more and just need to know where I can find a good one.
Old 03-15-08, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
http://www.hkflix.com/hardware/xq/as...qx/details.htm
If your willing to pay 168 for a player. I have an oppo and they are 100% worth every penny. Can play any region, and plays pal flawlessly. Hell sometimes, i honesltly can't tell the 4% pal speedup most times
Old 03-15-08, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by sg2386
Pretty good deal,

Heroes of World Class is a great documentary. This also feature Kevin Von Erich going in the Sportatorium right before it was torn down...amazing footage.
Old 03-15-08, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by jg352599
anyone know what silivervision is going to do after the ppvs are done? meaning after the tagged classics.
I was in talks with someone over there a few months ago, and asked the same question. He said their main goal is to release all the WWF PPV's. I also asked if they are considering releasing any WCW/ECW PPV's, and they said it's something they're definately thinking about.
Old 03-15-08, 04:13 PM

Those who buy from Silver Vision in the UK might find this interesting. A few excerpts from emails I sent to Silver Vision and the replies I got:

Me: Do you have any plans in the future to release WWF/E RAW/Smackdown season sets?

Silver Vision: We donít have any plans at current to release WWE TV programming as a regular series.

Me: With your WWE Tagged Classics DVD sets, what year specifically will you be releasing events? Just the WWF years?

Silver Vision: We donít yet have a plan of when the Tagged Classics will end, although completing the PPV releases on DVD is our ultimate goal.

Me: With your WWE Tagged Classics DVD sets, are these events taken from a VHS and then converted to DVD? The quality on some of the events isnít up to standard DVD quality and throughout several events there are common VHS errors such as minor tracking lines.

Silver Vision: We always take the footage from our original WWF masters. However some masters are in poor condition and we use copies of the original footage from our archive. As the source of the footage is not a master the footage quality is not as sharp as we are used to and thus explains slight imperfections within the programme. In essence the analogue VHS version being updated to a digital form. We always include disclaimers in these titles to warn our viewers of the issues at hand, although we release the best quality title we can without having to increase the price. We are very interested in what our customers views are as we try and maintain our high standards in quality, so please let us know if you have any further comments.

Me: Do you follow any specific time frame for your Tagged Classics releases?

Silver Vision: As a set of releases the Tagged Classics apart from the odd anomaly two consecutive PPVs of the same type are released together. We donít anticipate breaking this pattern with any forthcoming releases.

Me: Do you own the rights to any WCW/ECW events, which may see a exclusive release from Silvervision in the near future?

Silver Vision: Just to be clear: we distribute the material that WWE have the rights to throughout UK and Europe. And yes, that includes the WCW and ECW video libraries. It is certainly in consideration to release old non-WWE material. As above, the mailing list and website are the best places to check when info becomes available.

Me: Does Silver Vision's archive of wrestling just consist of previous VHS releases?

Silver Vision: The issue of footage ownership is a bit more complex than that Ė WWE own all WWF/WWE/WCW/ECW footage (and more besides) whether TV, PPV or otherwise, and Silver Vision is the official UK/Europe licensee of this material. Over the years we have accumulated material from prior releases, which is what allows us to release our Tagged Classics. We only hold archives of previously released titles.
Old 03-15-08, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Interesting, once Silvervision releases all WWE PPVs and starts with ECW and WCW i might have to import those, since i don't think WWE will ever release WCW or ECW ppvs in North America anytime soon.

Originally Posted by Yyrkoon
Those who buy from Silver Vision in the UK might find this interesting. A few excerpts from emails I sent to Silver Vision and the replies I got:

Me: Do you have any plans in the future to release WWF/E RAW/Smackdown season sets?

Silver Vision: We donít have any plans at current to release WWE TV programming as a regular series.

Me: With your WWE Tagged Classics DVD sets, what year specifically will you be releasing events? Just the WWF years?

Silver Vision: We donít yet have a plan of when the Tagged Classics will end, although completing the PPV releases on DVD is our ultimate goal.

Me: With your WWE Tagged Classics DVD sets, are these events taken from a VHS and then converted to DVD? The quality on some of the events isnít up to standard DVD quality and throughout several events there are common VHS errors such as minor tracking lines.

Silver Vision: We always take the footage from our original WWF masters. However some masters are in poor condition and we use copies of the original footage from our archive. As the source of the footage is not a master the footage quality is not as sharp as we are used to and thus explains slight imperfections within the programme. In essence the analogue VHS version being updated to a digital form. We always include disclaimers in these titles to warn our viewers of the issues at hand, although we release the best quality title we can without having to increase the price. We are very interested in what our customers views are as we try and maintain our high standards in quality, so please let us know if you have any further comments.

Me: Do you follow any specific time frame for your Tagged Classics releases?

Silver Vision: As a set of releases the Tagged Classics apart from the odd anomaly two consecutive PPVs of the same type are released together. We donít anticipate breaking this pattern with any forthcoming releases.

Me: Do you own the rights to any WCW/ECW events, which may see a exclusive release from Silvervision in the near future?

Silver Vision: Just to be clear: we distribute the material that WWE have the rights to throughout UK and Europe. And yes, that includes the WCW and ECW video libraries. It is certainly in consideration to release old non-WWE material. As above, the mailing list and website are the best places to check when info becomes available.

Me: Does Silver Vision's archive of wrestling just consist of previous VHS releases?

Silver Vision: The issue of footage ownership is a bit more complex than that Ė WWE own all WWF/WWE/WCW/ECW footage (and more besides) whether TV, PPV or otherwise, and Silver Vision is the official UK/Europe licensee of this material. Over the years we have accumulated material from prior releases, which is what allows us to release our Tagged Classics. We only hold archives of previously released titles.
Old 03-15-08, 05:08 PM

I hate to be the bearer of bad newS to my fellow members of the board from the USA but:

- Several Wal-Mart stores in Canada are selling discounted WWE DVDs. This is in an effort to get rid of the overstock merchandise from Koch Entertainment, the company that distributes WWE titles in Canada.

Credit: Pwinsider.com

Guess this means its more of a Koch Entertainment thing more than a WWE thing.

Last edited by doctaheath78; 03-16-08 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-15-08, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This is an old - ongoing discussion back in Page 3 of this thread.. please see post#54

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....0&page=3&pp=25

Im happy our Canadian neighbors were able to avail of this SALE which we experienced back in January 2007

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
I hate to be the bearer of bad new to my fellow members of the board from the USA but:

- Several Wal-Mart stores in Canada are selling discounted WWE DVDs. This is in an effort to get rid of the overstock merchandise from Koch Entertainment, the company that distributes WWE titles in Canada.

Credit: Pwinsider.com

Guess this means its more of a Koch Entertainment thing more than a WWE thing.

Last edited by xage; 03-15-08 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-15-08, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by xage
This is an old - ongoing discussion back in Page 3 of this thread.. please see post#54

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....0&page=3&pp=25

Im happy our Canadian negihbors were able to avail of this SALE which we experienced back in January 2007
SEE POST #56, 57 and 59 to name a few.............PEOPLE were hoping that it might come to the US. I was just posting something I saw. No need to be a smart A$$ and put please see post #54 in bold. I understand it was posted for Canada Wal-Marts but people were speculating (including myself) that we hoped it might come to the US, but if it is a KOCH Entertainment deal to dump their DVDs then obviously it is not coming to the US.
Old 03-15-08, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts
Well said doc.
Old 03-15-08, 06:51 PM

I have just placed a rather expensive order for the Japanese Exclusive WWE DVD releases including the Live in Japan 2 disc set. I am also bracing myself for a pretty hefty customs charge. I will get some pictures up in the coming weeks when I receive them, which hopefully won't be too long as all the DVDs were in stock when I ordered.

They better be worth it for my collection though
Old 03-15-08, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
SEE POST #56, 57 and 59 to name a few.............PEOPLE were hoping that it might come to the US. I was just posting something I saw. No need to be a smart A$$ and put please see post #54 in bold. I understand it was posted for Canada Wal-Marts but people were speculating (including myself) that we hoped it might come to the US, but if it is a KOCH Entertainment deal to dump their DVDs then obviously it is not coming to the US.
My response is basically giving the "credit due" to the fellow DVDtalk member who posted the information 1st hand (post #54) and not the credit you are referring to (which is pwinsider)

And if I were a smart _ _ _ I should have posted it in this manner:

doctaheath78, before referring or giving credit to outside sources and bringing "bad new" (its NEW, right?), it was already "good old" info shared by our fellow DVDtalk members (refer to post #54 of this thread at page 3)

And Im pretty sure you missed out this sale that is why you are that eager and mercifully hoping for Walmart to bring it here in US..

Oh, I remember - For your info, Walmart US had it on sale last January 2007,

here is the thread link for your reference:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=688

And here is the photoshot I made last year

Walmart January 2007 Sale

Originally Posted by Mr. Music
Well said doc.

Oh Mr. Music? are you referring to this "well said statement" of doc? have you also missed the walmart sale last year?

=========================================================

Canada may have its share of WWE DVD sale at present, but why not we settle for now with this (The Bestbuy Sale of WWE Exclusive Boxsets) and patiently wait for our turn: (and Yes, I also saw the sharing of discovery of these sets in the 1st page of this thread)

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....02#post8547102

Originally Posted by WTK
Best Buy Exclusive Gift Sets Sale (B&M / Online / While Supplies Last!)

This in-store and (now online) promotion supposedly runs from 3/3 to 4/5/08. These are the items that I found at my local store, there maybe other gift sets that I missed. All the titles listed below (unless stated otherwise, like 300) can all be ordered via BestBuy.com. This maybe your last chance to pick these gift sets up at an affordable price if you missed them the first time around. Enjoy!

<HR>
WWE: My Life with John Cena (Ultimate Fan Edition)
Includes: John Cena: My Life 3-Disc DVD Set , Pair of "You Can't See Me" Wristbands, Dog Tags, and T-Shirt
SKU: 8573457 | Regular Price: $49.99 | Sale Price: $12.99
No longer available for delivery via the customer kiosk or BestBuy.com!

<HR>
WWE: Biggest Little Man with Rey Mysterio (Ultimate Fan Edition)
Includes: Rey Mysterio: The Biggest Little Man 3-Disc DVD Set, 619 wristbands, Mask Cross Pendant and Chain, T-Shirt
SKU: 8474037 | Regular Price: $49.99 | Sale Price: $12.99

<HR>
WWE: Heartbreak and Triumph with Shawn Michaels (Ultimate Fan Edition)
Includes: The Shawn Michaels Story: Heartbreak and Triumph 3-Disc DVD Set, Tumbler (Cup), "HBK" Cross Pendant, T-Shirt
SKU: 8573439 | Regular Price: $44.99 | Sale Price: $12.99
Currently sold out via BestBuy.com!

Last edited by xage; 03-15-08 at 10:04 PM.
Old 03-16-08, 07:18 AM

Holy hell man...Calm down.
Old 03-16-08, 09:37 AM

Sorry for the typo Mr. Perfect. And actually I did get in on the Wal-Mart sale last year since you seemed so concerned. I was even able to take advantage of the Best Buy sale so I hope that you stop worrying now.

I always enjoyed this site and thought this web site was to contribute information not for PRICKS that need to correct people's spelling and act like they are a Moderator. When you have something positive to contribute please do so. If not, don't waste people's time reading your post.

SERIOUSLY GET A LIFE

Last edited by doctaheath78; 03-16-08 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-16-08, 11:05 AM

Has anyone ordered anything from "wrestlingsuperstore.com"?

The reason I ask is that they have Victory Road 2006 in stock, but when I try to check out, it won't let me add anything on for shipping. They claim to ship to Canada, but are extremely vague on shipping charges. While I was fooling around in my cart and trying to pay Paypal, they sent me three confirmation emails, saying that my ordered was confirmed. I didn't click confirm or pay them a dime. The site is looks pretty dated too. They have HHH King of Kings, so I suspect that it's updated regularly, but it's pretty confusing.

VR 2006 is 26.00 before shipping, so I want to make sure everything is cool, before I send them a good chunk of change.

Thanks doods.
Old 03-16-08, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by espin

The reason I ask is that they have Victory Road 2006 in stock, but when I try to check out, it won't let me add anything on for shipping. They claim to ship to Canada, but are extremely vague on shipping charges. While I was fooling around in my cart and trying to pay Paypal, they sent me three confirmation emails, saying that my ordered was confirmed. I didn't click confirm or pay them a dime. The site is looks pretty dated too. They have HHH King of Kings, so I suspect that it's updated regularly, but it's pretty confusing.

VR 2006 is 26.00 before shipping, so I want to make sure everything is cool, before I send them a good chunk of change.

Thanks doods.

I just checked the shipping info and it seems the minimum shipping cost is $15, and probably you will be charged duty and taxes. They seem a like a legitmate company but i think they are expensive.

I noticed the the website also had Best of 3-Live Kru for $30.
Old 03-16-08, 12:00 PM

Yeah, the overall prices are not so great, but I was suprised to see Victory Road 2006. That TNA DVD really seems to be the White Whale.

I've sent them a detailed email with the problem I ran into. Hopefully they'll get back to me. I also want to confirm that they have it in stock. A few other places that claim to have it will email me and tell me it's sold out after I add it to my cart.

Also, hitman tommy, if you see this - maybe you and me and Heath can work out something for the trade/sale we were looking into.
Old 03-16-08, 02:25 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

What's a good price on the Rewind 2005 Box Set? I saw one on amazon.com earlier for around $100, but i wasn't sure if that's a good deal.
Old 03-16-08, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For anyone interested Highspots.com has Undertaker: 15-0 for $9.99, so much for it being a Walmart exclusive. I feel bad for the people spending like $25-$35 on ebay.
Old 03-16-08, 03:56 PM

The Undertaker DVD is also for sale on Silver Vision.
Old 03-16-08, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by espin

Thanks doods.
I used to order from them all the time back when they were figures inc, Going back like 12-13 years ago and probably up until I last placed an order like 2 years ago. I first started using them through there paper catalog and then moving to there site. I would recommend them, I doubt they have changed much.

I might even put in an order myself. They have some good 5.00 deals on wwe hardcover books.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.