DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

24 Season 6 Alternate Ending? SPOILER ALERT

Old 03-02-08, 01:47 AM

24 Season 6 Alternate Ending? SPOILER ALERT

So I was finishing season 6 on dvd, and it froze all of a sudden when Jack was looking down at the sea. I take it out brush it off, and put it back in. It continues from there with Jack taking his gun apart and throwing it into the water, followed by the final clock. But before it even gets to 6:00:00 the disc jumps back as if it's skipped again to the point where jack is walking out of the house. This time, Jack just stares off at the sea *without* throwing his gun, and the clock counts down the end of the season. What the hell just happened? I've replayed it numerous times and cannot find the scene with Jack throwing the gun. Has anyone heard of this? Did I stumble upon an easter egg, or was this a glitch on the disc. I know it was advertised as having an alternate ending. I know I'm not crazy, there were certainly two very different endings I saw.
Old 03-02-08, 11:48 AM

I can't remember how it ended on TV. I was to busy throwing things at it.
Old 03-02-08, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by jigga6286
So I was finishing season 6 on dvd, and it froze all of a sudden when Jack was looking down at the sea. I take it out brush it off, and put it back in. It continues from there with Jack taking his gun apart and throwing it into the water, followed by the final clock. But before it even gets to 6:00:00 the disc jumps back as if it's skipped again to the point where jack is walking out of the house. This time, Jack just stares off at the sea *without* throwing his gun, and the clock counts down the end of the season. What the hell just happened? I've replayed it numerous times and cannot find the scene with Jack throwing the gun. Has anyone heard of this? Did I stumble upon an easter egg, or was this a glitch on the disc. I know it was advertised as having an alternate ending. I know I'm not crazy, there were certainly two very different endings I saw.
I think there was a glitch on that DVD. The alternate---actually more like extended ending was never incorporated in the episode.

You can see that ending on the bonus disc with all the other deleted scenes.