DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Rate My Collection (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/526446-rate-my-collection.html)

houshour1996 03-01-08 10:02 PM

Rate My Collection

Hello all I'm new to this but take a look at my collection of tv shows, disney and wrestling and give me you feedback. Look my collection up at dvdspot user houshour1996. Thanks

cc21392 03-01-08 10:16 PM

there was already a thread about this a few months ago (use the search)
but i seriously own nothing you have but u do have a lot of classic t.v. which is a plus so over all i would say C-

visitor Q 03-01-08 10:29 PM

A+ based on your own tastes alone. What else do you need?

Generally light and fluffy comedy and crime-drama classic TV ... but where are the Jeffersons? Sanford and Son? Hawaii 5-0?

Though I have to admit, the contrast between Wrestling and everything else you own is stark! Heh. Hey, but whatever you like.

visitor Q 03-01-08 10:30 PM

Here's a link to make things more convenient houshour1996 Collection

SterlingBen 03-01-08 10:37 PM

Take a pic and post it in the HT thread, I just can't get a feel for something with just a list.

canaryfarmer 03-01-08 10:41 PM

Pros: Brisco Country, Jr., Ducktales movie

Cons: Pretty much everything else including but not limited to a lot of crappy tv shows, a lot of crappy Disney sequels, and so, so much wrestling (extra crappy). :yack: You've wasted a fine amount of money, my good man.

However, it's your stuff. Does it really matter what some guy you don't know on the internet thinks? Nope.

DerangedHermit 03-01-08 10:48 PM

F-quadruple minus. Go back two grades. Do not pass GO. Do not pass $200.

DarthVong 03-02-08 12:26 AM

Wow. IMO, it's pretty bad.

theguyoverthere 03-02-08 12:43 AM

My retinas self-destructed halfway through reading that list...

MrVette99 03-02-08 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by theguyoverthere
My retinas self-destructed halfway through reading that list...

You have to be joking. They dude has Alf seasons 1-4, and Care Bears Movie.

Where's Dukes of Hazzard Season 6 -- which was the very best of this great and brilliantly written and produced TV series.

d2cheer 03-02-08 09:08 AM

Not again... why do you really care what others think? Don't be insecure. Do you really need other peoples validation for your collection?

acubfaninmd 03-02-08 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by d2cheer
Not again... why do you really care what others think? Don't be insecure. Do you really need other peoples validation for your collection?

I feel the same way not again. when i saw this i was like oh shit the thread got bumped up after being dead and find out that someone else started a thread about rating their collection. hopefuly this one doesnt go on forever like the other

ukywyldcat 03-02-08 10:32 AM

Awful. Just awful.

xfilefanfreak 03-02-08 10:36 AM

who cares if sombody dosent like it as long as you like them that what counts..to the people that knock his dvds ...lets see yours

GenPion 03-02-08 10:53 AM

As long as the titles you own are titles you enjoy it is a good collection.

xfilefanfreak 03-02-08 10:58 AM

:up:

Originally Posted by GenPion
As long as the titles you own are titles you enjoy it is a good collection.

Nick Danger 03-02-08 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by visitor Q
A+ based on your own tastes alone. What else do you need?

Generally light and fluffy comedy and crime-drama classic TV ... but where are the Jeffersons? Sanford and Son? Hawaii 5-0?

Though I have to admit, the contrast between Wrestling and everything else you own is stark! Heh. Hey, but whatever you like.

Jeffersons, Sanford and Son, and Hawaii 5-0 do not qualify as light and fluffy. They're probably not to his taste. I'm surprised to see Hill Street Blues in there.

ericn101 03-02-08 02:28 PM

I'm hoping that you have more theatrical titles in your collection somewhere, and I missed them. It would be bizzare if the 300 titles of Disney, Wrestling, and cheesy 70's T.V. shows were your entie dvd collection. However I respect everyones individual tastes.

Yakuza Bengoshi 03-02-08 04:43 PM

houshour1996, that's a huge collection for a 12-year old. If you enjoy it, that's cool, but keep in mind you may outgrow it eventually and then you'll be stuck trying to unload it.

uncle-frank 03-02-08 06:16 PM

you've got a good handful of stuff, my only advice is that just because you like a movie or series doesnt mean you need to own everything ever made of it (bambi 2, alladin 2,3, hulk dvds)

just focuz on the best ones. i am jealous of your king of the ring 2001 dvd tho

houshour1996 03-02-08 08:34 PM

I'm 29 years old and have a 1 year old. All of the Disney stuff is her's. There are a few movie that I haven't listed yet like Goonies, Karate Kid, Back to the Future. All of my wrestling is older I can't stand wrestling now. I haven't watched it since early 2000's. This is what I watched when I was a kid and loved it. I still love it and I really love the replies to the thread. I really like tv shows and I'm not much on movies. Old school wrestling is the greatest.

canaryfarmer 03-02-08 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by xfilefanfreak
to the people that knock his dvds ...lets see yours

I've got my share of DVDs of Questionable Merit, see my list, but I didn't start a thread to ask for everyone's opinion of them. He asked, people are simply giving their own honest views, just like the subject line requests.

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. 03-02-08 09:31 PM

I think this is a fake collection and is just a joke thread.

houshour1996 03-02-08 10:16 PM

My collection is not fake in any way. I wouldn't waste my time of enetering them in dvdspot if I didn't have them.

E. Honda 03-02-08 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by houshour1996
Hello all I'm new to this but take a look at my collection of tv shows, disney and wrestling and give me you feedback. Look my collection up at dvdspot user houshour1996. Thanks

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a62...ail/fail-1.gif