Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Futurama - The Beast with a Billion Backs 6/24/08

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Futurama - The Beast with a Billion Backs 6/24/08

Old 06-30-08, 10:37 AM

Bender's Big Score was just a lot of fan service, and it pooped on one of the series's biggest emotional moments. But I liked this a lot more. Even though nothing groundbreaking occurred plotwise, it was a good Futurama story.
Old 06-30-08, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by kingtopher
I'm surprised Futurama fans are disappointed in these movies. Of course they're not going to be the greatest thing ever released in the history of cinema, but as a longtime Futurama fan, I'm really happy to get more of the show I love. They look great, make me laugh a lot, and are really fun. I don't know what more I could want. I think they stand alongside the four seasons of the show very well, and I wouldn't consider my Futurama collection complete without them. Bring on the third film.

Also, for what it's worth, I enjoyed the new movie a little more than Bender's Big Score as well.
I agree. Maybe I'm easy to please, but I love every episode of Futurama, and these movies were just as enjoyable for me. I had quite a few big chuckles, such as:
Spoiler:
when Kif and the missile stopped just short of the entrance into the other universe, and Fry greeted him totally nonchalantly
and
Spoiler:
the part about Bender's son.

The only bad thing is the packaging, which isn't that big of a deal. The day I bought each movie, I archived them to my HTPC. I had to do the same thing with some of the Simpsons DVD sets I got used, because the discs are getting too scratched to be recognized by my DVD player.

Last edited by Ecthelion; 06-30-08 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-30-08, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
Bender's Big Score was just a lot of fan service, and it pooped on one of the series's biggest emotional moments.
Jurassic Bark
Old 08-19-08, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Numanoid View Post
Did it occur to anyone else that Yivo was
Spoiler:
a version of The Flying Spaghetti Monster?
I finally watched this and this was my first thought. Came here to see if I was the only one.
Old 11-04-08, 10:39 AM

I enjoyed this one a little more than Bender's Big Score.

I don't plan on buying it, though. The packaging is one reason, but more important than that is the price - $24.95. Does anybody know why it's five dollars higher than BBS (or any of the Futurama box sets, for that matter)?
Old 11-04-08, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TBC View Post
I don't plan on buying it, though. The packaging is one reason, but more important than that is the price - $24.95. Does anybody know why it's five dollars higher than BBS (or any of the Futurama box sets, for that matter)?
To buy more carbon credits, perhaps?
Old 11-04-08, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Okay, I've been the lone apologist for the way these things have been packaged thus far, but now I'm pissed!

First off, it felt like every single copy I tried had a floater disc in it. I was relieved to see that it wasn't the disc but a pack of post cards - no big whoop.

But what's got me up in arms is that I open the thing to find not one, but two different security stickers. WTF! One is the narrow plastic band the other is the square black patch. They put them right inside the cover, right over the artwork. And taking them off just rips the packaging. So leaving them on fucks up the packaging, as does taking them off.

So basically, to circumvent theft, they fuck up the product for the people that are buying it - un-fucking-believable.

Fox better send me a replacement package - this is some egregious shit.
Old 11-04-08, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
First off, it felt like every single copy I tried had a floater disc in it.
I felt the same way w/ "Bender's Game".
Old 11-04-08, 08:44 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

But what's got me up in arms is that I open the thing to find not one, but two different security stickers. WTF! One is the narrow plastic band the other is the square black patch. They put them right inside the cover, right over the artwork. And taking them off just rips the packaging. So leaving them on fucks up the packaging, as does taking them off.
My copy (which I got from Best Buy) doesn't have any security stickers on the package itself. Maybe it's a store issue?
Old 11-04-08, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My Best Buy copy has the black security bar. I took it off, there was minimal tearing, which still upset me.
Old 11-07-08, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Hopefully not too much of a bump, but was this ever released on Blu-Ray?
Old 11-07-08, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, they put this out on blu-ray too, but I went with the SD because the blu-ray was $12 more expensive - not worth it. If it was $5 more, I would've went for it.
Old 11-07-08, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, they put this out on blu-ray too, but I went with the SD because the blu-ray was $12 more expensive - not worth it. If it was $5 more, I would've went for it.

I don't think so. I think only "Bender's Game" was released on blu-ray.
Old 11-07-08, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I was talking about Bender's Game. When I said "too", I meant in addition to the SD dvd.