Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Futurama - The Beast with a Billion Backs 6/24/08

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Futurama - The Beast with a Billion Backs 6/24/08

Old 04-03-08, 03:02 PM
  #26  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 70,829
I hope this installment is more character-driven rather than injoke-driven like Bender's Big Score.
Groucho is offline  
Old 04-03-08, 08:02 PM
  #27  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 810
Awesome cover
domino harvey is offline  
Old 04-03-08, 08:09 PM
  #28  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
TheNightFlier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: NIMBY, NY
Posts: 5,909
Great cover. I need a Futurama fix.
TheNightFlier is offline  
Old 06-16-08, 01:21 PM
  #29  
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9
Does anyone know if Best Buy will have an exclusive bonus disc with this one too?
4-LOM is offline  
Old 06-16-08, 01:42 PM
  #30  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Eastern PA
Posts: 399
What was on the exclusive disc for Bender's Big Score? This is the first I heard about it.
neilo13 is offline  
Old 06-16-08, 04:44 PM
  #31  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
kstublen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,750
According to speedy's threads for June 22nd, no stores have any exclusives for this release...which is unfortunate
kstublen is offline  
Old 06-17-08, 01:41 AM
  #32  
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by neilo13
What was on the exclusive disc for Bender's Big Score? This is the first I heard about it.

A storyboard animatic, layout animatic and a preview for Beast With a Billion Backs.
4-LOM is offline  
Old 06-17-08, 06:21 PM
  #33  
DVD Talk Legend
 
whotony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: ^ Kristen Bell
Posts: 19,098
there is a vodeo game "epidode" on this disc,
called the lost adventure in 3-D, sort of with commentary.

no hidden features that i could find.

Last edited by whotony; 06-17-08 at 06:23 PM.
whotony is offline  
Old 06-17-08, 07:02 PM
  #34  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,401
The lost adventure is really cool.
Gizmo is offline  
Old 06-17-08, 07:43 PM
  #35  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
tylergfoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,540
Originally Posted by neilo13
What was on the exclusive disc for Bender's Big Score? This is the first I heard about it.
Nothin' much. Mainly an animatic preview for this movie.
tylergfoster is offline  
Old 06-18-08, 07:11 AM
  #36  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,989
So is this one going to have the crappy packaging as well?
Snowmaker is offline  
Old 06-18-08, 10:20 AM
  #37  
crs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 397
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
So is this one going to have the crappy packaging as well?
Yes. Even crappier than the one before.
crs is offline  
Old 06-18-08, 10:27 AM
  #38  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Sacramento, Calif.
Posts: 13,526
I didn't buy Bender's Big Score.. what is this "crappy packaging" everyone speaks of?
My Other Self is offline  
Old 06-18-08, 10:28 AM
  #39  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,401
Cardboard style casing.
Gizmo is offline  
Old 06-18-08, 10:34 AM
  #40  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 328
Originally Posted by mcfly
I didn't buy Bender's Big Score.. what is this "crappy packaging" everyone speaks of?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-me...pdp_images_all
rednowgreen is offline  
Old 06-18-08, 10:36 AM
  #41  
crs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 397
If you don't want to have the disc in that cardboard slot though, the covers for both Bender's Big Score and Billion Backs are wide enough to actually fit a digipack tray.

If you have spares of these laying around,



just glue it over the slot.
crs is offline  
Old 06-18-08, 10:47 AM
  #42  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Sacramento, Calif.
Posts: 13,526
Go figure. I thought it was a standard amary with a slipcover ala Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story.

Odd they'd go that route.
My Other Self is offline  
Old 06-18-08, 10:55 AM
  #43  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,989
Originally Posted by crs
Yes. Even crappier than the one before.
Then it looks like I'll just rent this one too.
Snowmaker is offline  
Old 06-18-08, 09:53 PM
  #44  
DVD Talk Legend
 
whotony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: ^ Kristen Bell
Posts: 19,098
i was a tiny it disapointed with this movie.
the first 2 acts were really good especially first act.
once the Beast is introduced the movie just becomes a bit of a bore.
The whole beast thing just wasn't funny enough.

the title of the movie is a slight sexual play on words.

3/5
whotony is offline  
Old 06-19-08, 12:45 AM
  #45  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 51
Another review here:
http://www.dvdcorner.net/reviews/dvd...ion_backs.html
whovian43 is offline  
Old 06-19-08, 01:02 AM
  #46  
DVD Talk Legend
 
whotony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: ^ Kristen Bell
Posts: 19,098
there is one hidden thing i could find.
on the second page of the special features go left and an image of the
farmers wiki almanac or something is there for 20 seconds then goes away.
whotony is offline  
Old 06-23-08, 07:40 AM
  #47  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 98
I'm somewhat glad that there won't be any retailer-exclusive bonus discs this time around, as it allows me to take advantage of CC's $14 price for it without worrying about missing out on a bonus disc.
JPeeples is offline  
Old 06-23-08, 08:18 AM
  #48  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 70,829
Originally Posted by whotony
the title of the movie is a slight sexual play on words.
You don't say?
Groucho is offline  
Old 06-23-08, 04:16 PM
  #49  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
kstublen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,750
Originally Posted by JPeeples
I'm somewhat glad that there won't be any retailer-exclusive bonus discs this time around, as it allows me to take advantage of CC's $14 price for it without worrying about missing out on a bonus disc.
Circuit City actually doesn't have it for $13.99, it is incorrect in speedy's thread. The real ad, from what I have been able to tell, has two versions. In one of the versions Futurama is clearly listed as $17.99, whereas in the other it is in a black box with two other titles (10,000 B.C. and Spiderwick Chronicles); in this ad, the price of $13.99 is next to 10,000 B.C. and was probably not meant to represent the other movies in the black box. You might be able to get the price changed though, if your area uses that version, as it is highly misleading. If not, and your area uses the first type where it is clearly listed as $17.99, then you, like me, will have to pay the $17.99 (although that's still cheaper than Best Buy and Target, I believe).
kstublen is offline  
Old 06-23-08, 04:37 PM
  #50  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,342
Originally Posted by kstublen
Circuit City actually doesn't have it for $13.99, it is incorrect in speedy's thread. The real ad, from what I have been able to tell, has two versions. In one of the versions Futurama is clearly listed as $17.99, whereas in the other it is in a black box with two other titles (10,000 B.C. and Spiderwick Chronicles); in this ad, the price of $13.99 is next to 10,000 B.C. and was probably not meant to represent the other movies in the black box. You might be able to get the price changed though, if your area uses that version, as it is highly misleading. If not, and your area uses the first type where it is clearly listed as $17.99, then you, like me, will have to pay the $17.99 (although that's still cheaper than Best Buy and Target, I believe).
Any possibility of someone kindly scanning the one that has the box w/$13.99 so maybe we can use to pricematch? TIA!
snausages is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.