Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

WWE - Legacy of Stone Cold: another evil piece of edited crap?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 02-21-08, 12:52 PM
Banned

I was reading the review on here, and two things popped out at me. First, the cut quote posted in the review. This is the same shortened quote that was used in the DVD version of 'Cause Stone Cold Said So' but was not the complete speech. As an old fan of Stone Cold, I really feel it's an injustice to mutilate the speech that started Austin 3:16 to begin with! Half the bloody speech got cut off. If they did it again, I'm really not inclined to buy this release either. My second concern is "Stone Cold's homage to the movie Gladiator from WrestleMania 21 - with the middle finger blurred out." The censored a clip from a fucking Pay-Per-View!?!?!??! What gives?

From the review / earlier DVD(s):
"You know you sit there and you thump your bibles and you say your prayers and it didn't get you anywhere. Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16. Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass. Steve Austin's time has come and that's the bottom line 'cuz Stone Cold says so." - Stone Cold Steve Austin
from the VHS of 'Cause Stone Cold Said So':
"You know you sit there and you thump your bibles and you say your prayers and it didn't get you anywhere. Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16. Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass. All he's gotta do is go buy himself a cheap bottle of Thunderbird and try to dig back some of that courage he had in his prime. As the King of the Ring, I'm serving notice to every one of the WWF superstars. I don't give a damn what they are. They're all on the list, and that's Stone Cold's list, and I'm fixing to start running through all of them. Steve Austin's time has come, and when I get the shot you're looking at the next WWF champion, and that's the bottom line because Stone Cold said so." - Stone Cold Steve Austin
Old 02-21-08, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

They probally edited it because of the him saying WWF, that and most people only remember the first part of the speech anyways. They were talking about the birth of Austin 3:16 so the rest of the speech was really unneccasary
Old 02-21-08, 01:10 PM

You know I have been a huge fan for a long time, its to bad of all of the edits they do to the dvds, even some of the old vhs tapes. I mean in order to get the real thing for the ppvs you have to buy it right then and there. I mean why have theme songs for wrestlers that down the line they can't use, and it takes away from the full experience of everything. Example all of Jimmy Harts songs that he owns.............gone which is shit in my opnion. Theme songs edited, wwf logo gone, speeches edited, matches edited, whats next............ kid rock songs edited from undertaker when he was the [email protected]$$. Tyson song edited, umm.........didn't they do the dx song????? Austin Distured out of the wrestlemania anthology version. Grrrrrr wwe makes me mad and damn keep benoit in the dvds and stuff, I mean ok he killed but his legacy of being a great wrestler lives on in every true wrestling fans heart, just like all wrestlers that have passed on good or bad.

The austin dvd was going to come out like 6 months ago, but noooooooooooo they had to get all benoit stuff out of the dvd.

Please wwe don't change your stuff keep it real.........................
Old 02-21-08, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That is a shame that the King of The Ring promo was edited, but I have to give WWE kudos for including the ECW crew's reaction with Austin's, "No baby...that's for somebody else" promo. It was quite a treat to see Heyman, Dreamer, Stevie Richards, and even Raven's applause of the greatest promo ever cut in my opinion.
Old 02-21-08, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by JJE-187
They probally edited it because of the him saying WWF, that and most people only remember the first part of the speech anyways. They were talking about the birth of Austin 3:16 so the rest of the speech was really unneccasary
That the sole reason. To edit out and "WWF" refrences. Besides on plenty of WWE DVDs they cut out certian parts where WWF is mentioned.
Old 02-21-08, 02:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JJE-187
The point is it's a piece of WWF history, and they're shitting all over it.
Old 02-21-08, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Here I thought that this was going to be about them editing Benoit's interference out of one of the matches and putting the PPV logo on the screen for those parts. That's the reason I won't buy this piece of shit.
Old 02-21-08, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

WWE Bio/Best of DVDs are the only DVDs I usually buy new anymore so even if they edit Benoit out I still buy these as a fan I like having them. I could care less if the edit Benoit out there are plenty of DVDs with alot of his great work on it and he didn't do much after Eddie died anyways, his times off were almost a year and he came back on a limited schedule and I don't remember any of his matches from his last year or 2 that would be worth owning except maybe his bouts with MVP, maybe when the release a MVP set in 4-5 years they will be over the Benoit thing, they did keep nancy on the SCSA DVD so they aren't erasing everything about the Benoit Family.
Old 02-21-08, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll admit, I bought this set primarily because of the two matches with Triple H, but since they were from '00-'01, I was kind of prepared to not be getting original release quality. The blurring is a lot, but I was genuinely surprised to hear that they left in the instrumental version of HHH's "My Time" theme music. That was a nice surprise.
Old 02-21-08, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Viper187
The point is it's a piece of WWF history, and they're shitting all over it.
i agree 100% but vince wont pay, so in turn we get shitty edits and in somecases cropped commentated matches... i cant remember the dvd but ventura was edited out on commentary for the whole match