DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Tremors TV Series July 22nd (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/525500-tremors-tv-series-july-22nd.html)

Quack 02-18-08 04:12 PM

Tremors TV Series July 22nd

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tremors-DVDs-Planned/9017

Anyone else looking forward towards this? I had planned on downloading the series on iTunes at some point....but it will be nice to have this finally released.

OldBoy 02-18-08 04:16 PM

i had no idea there was a series.

MartinBlank 02-18-08 04:32 PM

Me either. When and where did it air? Sounds like something USA would have put out back in the 90s.

domino harvey 02-18-08 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598

Is Fred Ward involved? Because he's the only reason to watch the movies

Julie Walker 02-18-08 04:48 PM

Freds not in it at all. Micheal Gross is in it though. It aired on Sci-Fi channel briefly then was canceled.

chris_sc77 02-18-08 05:37 PM

I remember watching one or 2 episodes of this. It was pretty bad for the most part. one of the first episodes that aired involved ghosts in a mine shaft or something. Still, if I could find it really cheap I might pick it up. That or rent it i guess.

tylergfoster 02-18-08 07:50 PM

I'll give it a watch.

GoldenJCJ 02-18-08 07:55 PM

hmm, I didn't know there was a show either. I still need to watch that last movie Tremors in the old west or whatever it was...

I'll check out the series if it's cheap enough.

Ravenous 02-18-08 07:59 PM

Hey I thought I was the only one that wanted this!

It was pretty stupid and cheesy but great for sleepless nights; Im in!

SterlingBen 02-18-08 08:52 PM

I'm there

bobert3 02-18-08 10:17 PM

I'll buy this, I actually did watch the series when it first aired on SciFi.

rexinnih 02-19-08 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by scott1598

That was my first thought also. Liked the movies so maybe worth a rental.

Ky-Fi 02-19-08 08:33 PM

I never saw the series, but I may check it out. I picked up the Tremors: Attack Pack of all 4 movies recently, and really enjoyed it. None of the sequels was as good as the first one, but they were all well made and entertaining. And wow, does that remastered print of the first movie look awesome.

Quack 02-19-08 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ky-Fi
I never saw the series, but I may check it out. I picked up the Tremors: Attack Pack of all 4 movies recently, and really enjoyed it. None of the sequels was as good as the first one, but they were all well made and entertaining. And wow, does that remastered print of the first movie look awesome.

Yea, I wouldn't mind checking out the HD transfer on Tremors...although with it being on HD-DVD, I wonder if it would get a Blu-Ray release down the road...

Spottedfeather 02-21-08 12:42 AM

Since HD-DVD is finished, they'll have to put it on Blu-Ray at some point. Though I won't upgrade until my regular dvd is worn out.

Carcosa 02-21-08 06:09 PM

Yeah...I'm waiting for it.

I also like the SWAMP THING TV series too, so there IS something wrong with me.

paradicelost 02-21-08 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ky-Fi

I actually like tremors 2 better than the first one and plan on picking up the attack pack here soon.
And getting to the series i rememeber that starting on sci-fi. I'm thinking i only heard about it through the tv forum on this sitel. I watched the first one but can't remember after that. I'd pick it up though.

SterlingBen 02-21-08 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather
Since HD-DVD is finished, they'll have to put it on Blu-Ray at some point. Though I won't upgrade until my regular dvd is worn out.

I wouldn't count on that, the show had pretty low rating and this disc will probably have pretty low sales

Originally Posted by paradicelost
I actually like tremors 2 better than the first one and plan on picking up the attack pack here soon.
And getting to the series i rememeber that starting on sci-fi. I'm thinking i only heard about it through the tv forum on this sitel. I watched the first one but can't remember after that. I'd pick it up though.

Tremors 2 was surprisingly kick ass wasn't it? Although It got my hopes for 3 and 4 up really high and they did not live up to it.

Gizmo 04-07-08 07:59 PM

Still no official word...

But the original rumor of the show was that SciFi canceled Farscape for Tremors (the show) even though Tremors had been started long before SciFi canceled Farscape. Since the show is now off iTunes and HuLu does not have the 1st episode (only the 2nd - 13th), I'll wait out the DVD.

kstublen 04-07-08 09:10 PM

I'll buy it if it's released. I've always loved the Tremors movies, a staple of my earlier childhood. Some were corny, but eh, entertaining for sure.

Quack 12-01-09 09:42 AM

Re: Tremors TV Series July 22nd

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tremors...e-Series/13048

New release date, March 9th!

:up:

reverie 12-01-09 10:04 AM

Count me in. :)

kstublen 12-01-09 10:14 AM

Definitely in for this. I wondered what had happened to the release of this; glad to know it's back on schedule. Love the movie franchise and look forward to revisiting the series.

Trevor 12-01-09 10:15 AM

The completest in me will get it no matter what. Loved the original, found all the rest just ok.

Gizmo 12-01-09 10:48 AM

Finally!