DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Juno---------> April 15th, 2008 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/525317-juno-april-15th-2008-a.html)

WMAangel 02-16-08 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sparrow
I hope it's safe to assume that all content on the 2-disc will also be present on the BD.

Unfortunately, when it comes to Fox on Blu-ray, it is not safe to assume anything when it comes to special features.....

Admittedly they have been much MUCH better on new release/day & date titles than they have with catalog releases....but given their track record with dropping extras, I won't feel confident until I read a review from someone with the final product in their hands to provide confirmation of its actual contents...

Maxflier 02-17-08 12:01 AM

Will be blind buying this on BR.
Yeah, i'm with mikedeceased on the initials thing, it has always driven me crazy to see it referred to as BD.

steebo777 02-18-08 10:43 AM

Great flick but I don't think I need to own it. It'll be in my Netflix queue for a future viewing.

TylerDurden_73 02-18-08 01:52 PM

just saw this, and loved it. 2-disc for me.

gerrythedon 02-19-08 10:43 PM

Further Details:
Fox Home Entertainment has announced 1-disc ($29.98) and 2-disc ($34.98) editions of Juno which stars Ellen Page, Michael Cera, Jennifer Garner, and Jason Bateman. The Oscar nominated film will be available to own from the 15th April. Each DVD will include a 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen presentation, and English Dolby Digital 5.1 track. Extras on the 1-disc will include a commentary by director Jason Reitman And writer Diablo Cody, 11 deleted scenes, a gag reel, a Cast & Crew Jam, and screen tests. The 2-disc will include all that, along with 4 featurettes (Way Beyond “Our” Maturity Level: Juno – Leah – Bleeker, Diablo Cody Is Totally Boss, Jason Reitman For Shizz, and Honest To Blog! Creating Juno).

Also available from the 15th April will be a Blu-ray release of the movie. The Blu-ray disc will include a high-definition transfer, along with English 5.1 DTS HD Lossless Master Audio. The disc also includes a Digital Copy of the film, all of the above 2-disc special features, as well as additional Fox Movie Channel Presents: Juno World Premiere and Fox Movie Channel Presents: Casting Session features.

DVDACTIVE.com

deto 02-19-08 10:58 PM

awesome news on the bd!

uncle-frank 02-19-08 11:07 PM

1 disc for me. i never get around to watching features anymore

hotsexyboi 02-19-08 11:15 PM

I'm getting the 2 disc set for sure! -biggrin-

Mr. Salty 02-19-08 11:32 PM

Count me in for the Blu-ray!

dman988 02-20-08 12:49 AM

Wow, that's annoying. I might get the BD but Fox is pulling the same shtick I was railing at Paramount against (even though it didn't end up doing that).
They're putting more extras on the BD version when there's a special edition available.
ANNOYING! Why punish SD buyers who are willing to pay at least 5 bucks more for more extras. This stinks.
Sorry guys.

PopcornTreeCt 02-20-08 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
Also available from the 15th April will be a Blu-ray release of the movie. The Blu-ray disc will include a high-definition transfer, along with English 5.1 DTS HD Lossless Master Audio. The disc also includes a Digital Copy of the film, all of the above 2-disc special features, as well as additional Fox Movie Channel Presents: Juno World Premiere and Fox Movie Channel Presents: Casting Session features.
DVDACTIVE.com

The Blu-ray has more features than the DVD! Somebody get me a tissue!!

:violin:

domino harvey 02-20-08 01:08 AM

But those features don't have hilarious quotes from the movie in the title. Were they called Thunderbirds Are Go!: Juno World Premiere or No, It's Morgan Freeman: Casting Session, then I'd be so goddamn upset over missing out

Doughboy 02-20-08 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by dman988
Wow, that's annoying. I might get the BD but Fox is pulling the same shtick I was railing at Paramount against (even though it didn't end up doing that).
They're putting more extras on the BD version when there's a special edition available.
ANNOYING! Why punish SD buyers who are willing to pay at least 5 bucks more for more extras. This stinks.
Sorry guys.

Hey, don't get too upset. Fox has been screwing over Blu-ray owners since Day One. $39.95 list prices for every title. Dropping extras from feature-packed 2-disc SD-DVDs. Offering the PG-13 cut of Live Free or Die Hard in HD while the unrated version is released in SD.

dman988 02-20-08 01:24 PM

^^^

Haha, I didn't think of it that way. We're actually getting our due, lol. :D

phraseturner 02-20-08 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
... all of the above 2-disc special features, as well as additional Fox Movie Channel Presents: Juno World Premiere and Fox Movie Channel Presents: Casting Session features.

I am no information, just a hunch. These two extra features only on the Blu-Ray release would make excellent content for a store's exclusive bonus 3rd disc. Wouldn't be the first time this had been done...

B.A. 02-20-08 08:22 PM

I won't be getting the Blu-Ray.

kstublen 03-31-08 12:07 AM

Will be getting the the SD 2-Disc Edition. But does anyone know if retailers are offering anything else extra? I know Best Buy is offering some iPod skins (see picture below), but I haven't heard of any other retailers including extras.

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US...n080316_03.jpg

unjichan 03-31-08 09:47 AM

How many discs are there in Blu-Ray??

I'll pick BD up for sure... but i have to be sure the SF will be same or better than 2-Discs DVD

chris_sc77 03-31-08 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by unjichan
How many discs are there in Blu-Ray??

I'll pick BD up for sure... but i have to be sure the SF will be same or better than 2-Discs DVD

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDRe...no_blu-ray.htm

Looks like disk 2 is a (useless IMO) Digital copy of the film.

FantasticVSDoom 03-31-08 11:08 AM

While Im not a big fan of a ton of extras, its nice to see that Fox is beginning to slowly remove their heads from their asses with this BD release. A definite purchase for me.

Willh51 04-12-08 02:45 PM

I'm planning to get this on Tuesday, but I can't decide on whether to get the 2-disc or Blu-ray. The only reason I'm hesitant is that most of the reviews I've read have said the Blu-ray doesn't look much better. Do you guys think I should just stick with the SD?

mdc3000 04-12-08 02:49 PM

I don't know about you, but I always pick the BD release...even if it's not a HUGE improvement, I can usually tell the difference from the colours alone... Blu-ray all the way.

eedoon 04-13-08 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Willh51
I'm planning to get this on Tuesday, but I can't decide on whether to get the 2-disc or Blu-ray. The only reason I'm hesitant is that most of the reviews I've read have said the Blu-ray doesn't look much better. Do you guys think I should just stick with the SD?

Which review?

Here's the BD review at DVD Talk:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?id=32889

Video: For some reason, I went in expecting this Blu-ray disc to sport more of a rough-hewn indie look, but Juno turned out pretty slick in high-def. This 1.85:1 AVC encode is colorful, smooth, and sharp, and the faint trace of film grain lurking in the background thankfully hasn't been smeared away. Juno's fresh out of theaters, so it kinda goes without saying that there aren't any specks or gashes anywhere on this transfer, and I couldn't spot any compression hiccups either. Fine detail and black levels are both rock solid as well. We're not talking about something as dazzling as Live Free or Die Hard or some other glossy flick with oodles of zeroes on the balance sheet, no, but I'm happy as a clam (or a scallop or an oyster or a...) with the way Juno turned out on Blu-ray.

TheKing 04-13-08 03:51 PM

Circuit City has a T-Shirt with the 2-Disc.
Target has a script with the 2-Disc.

stardork13 04-13-08 09:45 PM

Looks like the 2-disc only has 4 extra featurettes?
I'll probably be getting the 1-disc, as it's $9 cheaper and I probably won't even watch all the special features. The Digital Copy doesn't interest me either. Just takes up more HDD space & I can just pop the DVD in the computer if I need to watch it on a computer :lol: