Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Alien Vs. Predator: Requiem -> 4/15

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-08, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I actually thought this movie was pretty cool, by that I mean it got a lot of things right that the first film didn't... the only damn problem was that yeah, you can't see a damn thing of what's going on 90% of the time. They were using suits and shit instead of tons and tons of CGI, so why not just brighten it up a bit, yeesh.
Old 04-16-08, 10:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Trevor
Absolute awful film, made the first one look great. I'll be buying it on release day. Damn that ocd/completist/hoarder in me!
I'm usually this way too, but because I also agree w/ the first part of your statement I'm going to give this one a pass. Perhaps if you could actually see anything in the movie it wouldn't have been so bad... heck even in Pitch Black you could make out more of what was going on than in this movie
Old 04-16-08, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jedi Master 33
What format is the digital copy? Will it work on the PSP?
The back of the box says it will work on an ipod, but not a PSP or Zune.

My advice, just stare at the PSP while it's off for about 100 minutes, it'll be pretty close to watching the movie on your PSP.
Old 04-17-08, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Put it on my ipod today and watched it at the gym. Took about 5 mins to copy completely. Takes up 1.16gb's. Meh.
Old 04-17-08, 09:55 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by nemein
I'm usually this way too, but because I also agree w/ the first part of your statement I'm going to give this one a pass. Perhaps if you could actually see anything in the movie it wouldn't have been so bad... heck even in Pitch Black you could make out more of what was going on than in this movie
I was actually possibly going to avoid this one as well, but then it had to go and have a store exclusive.....
Old 04-18-08, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Watched this tonight. The film was so ridiculously dark I couldn't follow anything. The movie was awful too. The only thing that might have redeemed it would have been seeing more than 15% of what was going on....
Old 04-19-08, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This was way too friken dark. It seemed like I would have actually enjoyed it if I knew what the hell was going on. I can't believe they didn't realize this when they completed the film.
Old 04-19-08, 04:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I watched the film for the first time tonight. I agree that it is dark. I also agree that the movie wasn't all that great. It certainly had some cool moments but thanks to the Amazon misprice on the two films I'm not complaining

Ok...well..maybe I am because the sound on the second film had a minor snafu at one point during my viewing tonight. I'll worry about swapping it out down the road or since I will rarely watch the whole film I probably won't even worry about a 1 second drop in the audio.
Old 04-19-08, 08:13 PM

Oh MY...

I watched this and In The Name Of the King tonite. Umm, Uwe Boll rocks!!! (j/k)AvP Requiem = REQ. as in wreck! Just my 2 cents. AvP2 just lost alot of fans of what could be a continued great franchise.But I did enjoy the Dungeon Siege movie just a bit better. FLAME ON!!!!
Old 04-19-08, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i didn't mind the dark aspect...

it was the actual substance of the movie itself, characters and screenplay and plot and etc...

that made it a miserable failure even for an amateur attempt at a B movie...

that 'homecoming' scene on the front walk... i was laughing so hard... they couldn't pick up the returning vet at the airport?... THAT was the "director's"(note use of quotes there) idea of realism and character development?...

then the 'troubled' teen angle... AND the attempt at 'date movie' crap?... i couldn't believe it...

putrefying buckets of vomit are more appealing than this waste of time and energy...

how can, even a drunken retard, screw up a movie with Aliens AND Predators in it??? that question has been answered twice now...
Old 04-20-08, 04:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I saw this in theaters and had no problem seeing the film and never thought it was too dark. Is this just a problem with the DVD, or did people consider it to be too dark when it was in theaters as well? Maybe I just didn't notice it in theaters.
Old 04-20-08, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sean,people complained about it being 'too dark' in theaters as well. I almost avoided it because of that. And when I did see it in theaters with my dad. Neither of us had any problem with the lighting in the film and could see it well enough! It looked about normal for movie lighting of night time and darker scenes.
Old 04-25-08, 10:06 AM

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too dark. I might try to watch it again and adj the brightness and contrast on my set. Anybody watch this on Blueray yet? Wonder if it looks any better there?
Old 04-25-08, 01:54 PM

there is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the dials. The director is in control of the (lack of) light, which (for the first time I am aware of) was measured by candle power.

If this movie did NOT seem dark to you, then either you need an eye checkup or you are related to a bat.
Old 04-25-08, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
I didn't notice it being to dark on my 47" Vizio, I enjoyed it too, saw it in the theater....and I didn't think it was that bad of a movie, I liked the scenes in the sewers with the Aliens and Predator. Liked seeing the blonde chick get it and not make it all lovey dovey at the end.
Old 04-28-08, 01:08 PM

I finally got around to watching AVPR this weekend. Although I enjoyed the film, I have to agree that it is way to dark. What pisses me off the most is that the trailers have better color timing and therefor you are able to see more detail on the Predator and the Predalien! I hope that this gets re-timed for the inevitable Unrated Collector's Edition... It's FOX after all.
Old 11-04-08, 11:53 AM

this film is a joke! the violence is to slick.. look what sylvester did with rambo.. we need more dirt and less cgi..
Old 11-04-08, 02:14 PM

I'll buy it, eventually.

And I'm sure it's out over here already, and has been for quite some time.
Old 11-09-08, 10:18 AM

It's actually rather cheap at the minute anybody in the UK can pick up the 2 discer for roughly £10 at the minute ($14).
Old 09-13-10, 03:01 PM
Cool New Member

Re: Alien Vs. Predator: Requiem -> 4/15

Watching this one by myself, not so fun. Too dark, lots of things to roll your eyes at, and so on.

But watching it with a group of friends, in the mind-set that it's okay to shout whatever at the screen and totally make fun of what you're seeing... man, we had a blast.

That, and it was nice seeing a single, totally bad-ass Predator again. When they had too many predators running around dying it really lowered their coolness factor. But the one in this film, you just kept cheering him on. So that was nice.