Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

How Come No 24 Season 7 Preview?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-08, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
How Come No 24 Season 7 Preview?

Why was there no season 7 preview on the 6th season of 24? On the last few seasons there has been that bridge scene, the scene that connects the 2 seasons together, kind of to get you pumped up for the next season. Why didn't they do that on the 6th season? All they had was a 17 second piece of crap preview of the next season.
Old 02-03-08, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe they felt season 7 was so different there wouldn't be a point. Too bad the show won't be back for another year though.
Old 02-03-08, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rizor
Too bad the show won't be back for another year though.
What??
Old 02-03-08, 06:13 PM

Well they have 7 episodes done, but the greedy writers are ruining everything for everyone. I had heard they were waiting for the writers to stop striking so they could continue production, they didn't want to cheat the fans by only showing 7 episodes. I didn't hear anything about waiting a year. I figured it would be back on by the fall or the summer.
Old 02-03-08, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by The Monkees
Well they have 7 episodes done, but the greedy writers are ruining everything for everyone. I had heard they were waiting for the writers to stop striking so they could continue production, they didn't want to cheat the fans by only showing 7 episodes. I didn't hear anything about waiting a year. I figured it would be back on by the fall or the summer.
The Strike is pretty much over
Old 02-03-08, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
the greedy writers are ruining everything for everyone.
wow.
Old 02-03-08, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
wow.
I agree with him. I wouldn't mind having the benefits they had that caused them to go on strike. I'm sure many others would be happy with what they have also.
Old 02-03-08, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
1. Howard Gordon, 24's showrunner, hates doing them and they cause unnecessary production delays for the show.

2. Season 7 didn't start filming until September and that is way too late for a prequel to make the DVD set in time. Previous seasons began production in July, which is an adequate amount of time.

3. FOX fucked themselves by promoting a Season 7 preview on the DVD and with nothing available because of the filming delay they had to use that 17 second clip from the season 6 finale.
Old 02-03-08, 10:12 PM

That's too bad. I always liked those.
Old 02-03-08, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by ThomaMon
The Strike is pretty much over
Really? I haven't been following it, does that mean new episodes of 24 will begin production again soon?
Old 02-03-08, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
I agree with him. I wouldn't mind having the benefits they had that caused them to go on strike. I'm sure many others would be happy with what they have also.
So according to you, everyone should be happy with what they receive from their jobs. Nobody should ever aspire for more and simply settle for what they have. OK....
Old 02-03-08, 10:42 PM

Old 02-04-08, 08:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Probably the other main reason there was no preview is because the producers & writers took an extra long time in the offseason decided on the direction of Season 7. They wanted to make sure they came up with something good since Season 6 was so bad and drove a lot of fans away.
Old 02-04-08, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
There was a major production delay. They wanted to film in Africa and Fox said no. So they had to re-write 3 episodes. But aside from that, everything was going fine until the strike.
Old 02-04-08, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jmj713
What??
Don't know if it was ever made official, but they didn't have enough episodes written before the strike so they were only able to film a handful. Since Fox had been planning on airing the show uninterrupted from January to Spring, they decided against airing the produced episodes which I believe were supposed to premiere either last month or this month. It was speculated that the production delays have caused them to push Season 7 back a year.
Old 02-04-08, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
I bet many others would be even happier with what the studio management have.
Old 02-04-08, 10:37 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by domino harvey
I wish for everything I do at my work I continue to get a paycheck anytime someone looks at it. 2 pennies for every receipt looked at? GOLD MIN!
Old 02-04-08, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
I wish for everything I do at my work I continue to get a paycheck anytime someone looks at it. 2 pennies for every receipt looked at? GOLD MIN!
Worst analogy ever? Try comparing it to the owner or CEO collecting a check sitting on his ass in Cabo for every receipt you punch up because they came up with the idea of the store in the first place. Nobody gets paid without the guy with the idea.
Old 02-05-08, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Really? I haven't been following it, does that mean new episodes of 24 will begin production again soon?
No. S7 will not premier until NEXT January as far as FOX has said. There is no way to show 24 consecutive episodes of 24 before Memorial Day (not to mention FILM them).
Old 02-05-08, 11:09 AM

Fox did air a longer Season 7 trailer back in October, and it used to be available at www.24trailer.com. That site now just kicks you back to the regular Fox 24 site, which makes me wonder if there may be a new one coming once the writers come back.

It is still available, however, at http://videos.24fans.net/uk_trailer/, or on YouTube. Not sure why it didn't wind up on the S6 DVD set, unless they couldn't get it done in time.

It's more of a simple preview trailer than a bridge scene, however. And for anyone who hates spoilers, be warned that there is a substantial plot twist regarding the return of a cast member that is revealed.
Old 02-05-08, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by darthdelegate
So according to you, everyone should be happy with what they receive from their jobs. Nobody should ever aspire for more and simply settle for what they have. OK....
Yes. That's exactly what I said.

The average salary is $12.9 million dollars. This doesn't include perks like drugs, hookers and memberships into the dark belly of Hollywood's exclusive Sudoku clubs.

If we go by what domino harvey says they want, now we're up to a $25.8 million dollar salary, double the weight in drugs, double the weight, but not quantity, of hookers, and not only are they involved in Sudoku clubs but now they will each receive a fleet of scooters that old and lazy people drive.

I can document all of this because I made it up myself.
Old 02-05-08, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by darthdelegate
Of course you can aspire but that doesn't always mean you deserve to get what you want. Sometimes your current salary is all you deserve.
Old 02-06-08, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by whoopdido
Of course you can aspire but that doesn't always mean you deserve to get what you want. Sometimes your current salary is all you deserve.
From what I understand via talking to an actual striking writer, they're striking to receive royalties on digitally downloaded representations of their work. As it stands now, they get, and will continue to get nada. And it's the future of entertainment. If one day, DVDs are obsolete and everyone is walking around with little video IPod things, writers will lose a huge portion of their income.

They HAVE to strike. It sucks, but it's got to be done.
Old 02-06-08, 08:29 PM

No ways!! Don't they have any loyalty to their fans like the studios do? They should write for free! Without the fans, nobody gets paid.
Old 02-06-08, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jah-Wren Ryel
No ways!! Don't they have any loyalty to their fans like the studios do? They should write for free! Without the fans, nobody gets paid.
I know dude!!! They totally get paid for free right now!!! That should change!!! Sure some make over a million a year, but who doesn't?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.