DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Single disc MST3K Giant Gila Monster up for preorder, cheap! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/523987-single-disc-mst3k-giant-gila-monster-up-preorder-cheap.html)

Lecithin 03-10-08 11:24 PM

Got mine too, plus another sleeve with free car stickers inside!!

Autumn 03-11-08 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by milo bloom
Really? I saw that someone from Oregon got theirs the other day, and I thought they were mailed from California, but mine came today (Chicago suburbs), and the return address is in Florida!

I can't say I'm surprised. We've had a few problems with packages here. I have Amazon Prime now because of those problems. I am hoping it arrives today. Our mail carrier is great, but apparently the sorting department in our area is not up to speed.

bunkaroo 03-11-08 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Yep, that was pretty fun to watch. Nice to see Joel together again with the bots. Sorry guys, but I can't follow your instructions on the upgrade :D

Too band they couldn't get the original Tom Servo, but it was very cool to see they still have the SoL set.

Autumn 03-11-08 01:50 PM

Mine finally arrived today. It's nice to know it takes longer to get from one side of Florida to another versus one coast to another.

macnorton 03-11-08 02:52 PM

Got mine a few days ago...watched most of it last night. It had been a while since I had seen an episode...I forgot how truly funny this show was!

BSTNFAN 03-11-08 03:18 PM

Still waiting in Massachusetts.

kunert 03-11-08 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
but it was very cool to see they still have the SoL set.

I don't think so, they sold it off in chunks on ebay years ago. Looks like green-screen to me. Look at the fuzzy edges of the actors.

TomOpus 03-11-08 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by kunert
I don't think so, they sold it off in chunks on ebay years ago. Looks like green-screen to me. Look at the fuzzy edges of the actors.

Fuzzy? Not only that but at some points parts of bodies disappear. It wouldn't surprise me if the bad effect was intentional. Doesn't matter since it's still fun to watch.

darthdelegate 03-11-08 11:20 PM

Got mine today.

bunkaroo 03-12-08 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by kunert

I don't know - it didn't look totally green screen to me. Maybe the background was and they just mocked up the desk. The one Frank and the doctor were in front of obviously was though.

I was watching this on a laptop so maybe that's why it wasn't as apparent to me.

BackStJoe 03-13-08 05:32 PM

NYC:
Giant Gila Monster arrived today...I'm a little disappointed that it's not in a DVD case like the MST singles...it just comes in a small sleeve with artwork.
I guess it's better than what we got with Cinematic Titan!

The back says "Includes replacement flick starring on equally terrifying but much less litigious reptile."

Overall pretty cool that Rhino gave us this disc at all for those of us who already own season 10.

man*machine 03-13-08 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by BackStJoe
NYC:
Giant Gila Monster arrived today...I'm a little disappointed that it's not in a DVD case like the MST singles...it just comes in a small sleeve with artwork.

The back says "Includes replacement flick starring on equally terrifying but much less litigious reptile."

Overall pretty cool that Rhino gave us this disc at all for those of us who already own season 10.

On ebay, this single-disc release is fetching upwards or even higher than the cost of the complete 10.2 box-set costs. Crazy!

milo bloom 03-14-08 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by man*machine
On ebay, this single-disc release is fetching upwards or even higher than the cost of the complete 10.2 box-set costs. Crazy!

That's why I preordered before I even started this thread.

DJLinus 03-15-08 01:05 PM

Argh!!! I finally opened up my copy last night and there's a crack in the DVD, which causes the episode to freeze up about 20 minutes into the episode.

I've e-mailed Rhino customer service, but given the limited nature of this DVD, I'm not optimistic about getting an exchange for a good copy.

darkside 03-15-08 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by BackStJoe
NYC:

Loved the new skit they shot for the disc. Nice to see Joel in the jumpsuit again, but who was doing Tom Servo's voice? Frank?

sb5 03-15-08 04:56 PM

Yeah, it was Frank.

milo bloom 03-15-08 11:52 PM

This appears to be available again...

http://www.rhino.com/store/ProductDe...?Number=437116

DJLinus 04-04-08 08:54 AM

I've got to hand it to Rhino. I notified them about the cracked DVD that I received and inquired about exchanging it. They went ahead and sent out a replacement without requiring me to send my defective DVD back.

The replacement arrived yesterday and looks fine (haven't played it yet).

Anyone want to buy a broken MST3K DVD? :)