DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   My Arrested Development S2 Set Had 2 Disc 2's and No Disc 3!!!! What Do I Do? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/522925-my-arrested-development-s2-set-had-2-disc-2s-no-disc-3-what-do-i-do.html)

stonecountry 01-18-08 02:39 AM

My Arrested Development S2 Set Had 2 Disc 2's and No Disc 3!!!! What Do I Do?

I bought up all three seasons of Arrested Development back in the Black Friday sales of 2006 and haven't gotten around to watching them until recently. That's when I noticed that there are 2 copies of the second disc in season 2 and no copy of the 3rd Disc. This really sucks, especially since I have no idea how to remedy the situation. It's been over a year ago since I bought the sets. I don't have the receipts. I've since moved 2 states away as well.

I say this is a problem for the manufacturer to solve, but I can't find a way to contact Fox. It was in the package that way. The only way to contact Fox on their website about their DVDs is if you have an order number from them that directly relates to an order you've placed with them online.

So can anyone help me out with some advice here???? I'd really like to finish watching this show sometime before long without having to re-buy something I've already bought.

Thanks,
Travis

Drexl 01-18-08 03:06 AM

Somebody made a huge mistake.

This is why I always open my discs no later than a day or two after I buy them. Maeby I don't watch them right away, but I do check them. Sorry, I don't know what to do other than looking for another way to contact Fox.

Paddy963 01-18-08 03:55 AM

I don't know if it would work for you at your location, but I've been able to do exchanges at Best Buy without a receipt before and even for stuff I didn't buy there.

They generally don't care if it is for defective discs or for a set with the wrong disc and you are just exchanging it. If you were trying to return it, then they would care.

dx23 01-18-08 06:02 AM

This is the third time I hear someone having this same mistake. It happened to me and to a close friend of mine. Luckily, we opened ours inmediately after we made the purchase and we were able to exchange them without any problem.

Snowmaker 01-18-08 07:38 AM

Did you look in THIS THREAD under Studios?

Yavin 01-18-08 12:34 PM

I presume that the two copies of disc 2 were labelled as Disc 2 and one did not contain disc 2 data even though it was labelled Disc 3? I only ask because I also bought all three seasons (this past boxing day), and though I have opened them I have not gotten around to watching them either.

stonecountry 01-18-08 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Yavin
I presume that the two copies of disc 2 were labelled as Disc 2 and one did not contain disc 2 data even though it was labelled Disc 3? I only ask because I also bought all three seasons (this past boxing day), and though I have opened them I have not gotten around to watching them either.

Yeah, the cases and discs are both copies of Disc 2.

Thanks for the numbers, Snowmaker! I'll have to give that Fox line a shot.

paulringodaman 01-18-08 01:00 PM

Stone country............For Black Friday of 2006 I got Simpsons S8 from DDD or Target...I don't even remember. In April I got around to finally opening the discs and saw I got 2 Disc 1's. I had seen the email foxdrop at 4icc.com. After emailing them and getting a confirmation that it was legit, they told me to mail the set to the address (i had to pay my side of the shipping only). I received a new set about 1.5 - 2 months later. Good luck!!

Michael Corvin 01-18-08 01:24 PM

I had the same problem with Northern Exposure season 2. I have two discs labeled disc 1 & disc 2, but the content on both discs is disc 2 material only.

So even to those that check their discs by looking at them after they buy, you can still get screwed. :lol: I still haven't looked into replacing it yet.

stonecountry 01-19-08 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by paulringodaman
Stone country............For Black Friday of 2006 I got Simpsons S8 from DDD or Target...I don't even remember. In April I got around to finally opening the discs and saw I got 2 Disc 1's. I had seen the email foxdrop at 4icc.com. After emailing them and getting a confirmation that it was legit, they told me to mail the set to the address (i had to pay my side of the shipping only). I received a new set about 1.5 - 2 months later. Good luck!!

Thanks man. If this phone number doesn't work, I'll try that. So it's [email protected]?

Goat3001 01-19-08 09:51 AM

This has happened to me a few times. Its a weird thing. From now one I recommend opening all your DVDs and making sure the disc is right even if you don't plan on watching it right away.

Now a cure for the fix... try exchanging it at Wal-Mart. The Wal-Mart by me doesn't really seem to give a crap about reciepts. Maybe I'm lucky or maybe thats just the way it is. Its worth a shot. If it doesn't work just send it back to Fox.

If they insist on asking for a reciept you may still be able to use the "I got it for X-mas" line.

Super56K 01-19-08 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Did you look in THIS THREAD under Studios?

I did not know such technology existed.. :D

Really though, thanks for posting that. I had never seen that here before. I have a goobered up disc from the ESPN the Playmakers dvd set that I might try to find a number for. It's like it has glue on it or something that won't come off.

Jazzinator 01-19-08 07:51 PM

About 2 months ago, my mom broke the first disc of Season 1 of Upstairs, Downstairs. I had already bought the season sets individually for her (one of her favorites - and yes, I felt the sting when the released the mega set of all of the seasons). I ended up contacting A&E's retail website, explained the situation, and they were nice enough to send me a replacement disc at no charge and free shipping!

stonecountry 01-22-08 11:53 AM

Well, FOX screwed me again! I called the number and got some lady being rude and condescending to me, telling me I was basically an iddiot to even be calling if I bought it a year ago.

Then I tried the e-mail, and they told me they only exchange things with a valid receipt within 120 days of the time you purchased it. So, it looks like I'll be opening and trying out every DVD I buy as soon as I get them home instead of letting them pile up on a shelf.

I still might try Wal-mart.

rfduncan 01-22-08 02:08 PM

I had this exact same problem with Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Chosen Collection which has considerably more discs!

Here's the solution:

Originally Posted by speedy1961
Fox Consumer Hotline
(888) 223-2FOX

They will have you ship the entire set to them, and they will ship you a sealed replacement.

stonecountry 01-22-08 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
I had this exact same problem with Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Chosen Collection which has considerably more discs!

Here's the solution:

They will have you ship the entire set to them, and they will ship you a sealed replacement.

I'd have been okay with that, but they wouldn't do that for me. They said it's been too long. Plus I don't have the receipt anymore. It's been like 14 months since I bought it.

the action 01-22-08 08:40 PM

If you want to go the dishonest route...you can always request disc 3 on Netflix and switch it with the disc 2 and tell them that you received the wrong disc.

7Keys 01-22-08 08:49 PM

I had the same problem with a different tv show (don't remember which) and I didn't notice until a few months later. DDD questioned the fact that it had been a few months but after talking to them for a couple of mins they said they'd replace it. I thought they were going to be jerks about it, but it's not like I was saying the disc was scratched or anything. Now I open all dvds right away and check them out.

7Keys 01-22-08 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by the action
If you want to go the dishonest route...you can always request disc 3 on Netflix and switch it with the disc 2 and tell them that you received the wrong disc.

No, don't be a dishonest idiot.